gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 04:57 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Old schooler needs new school help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old schooler needs new school help  (Read 912 times)

xGoose

Old schooler needs new school help
« on: December 11, 2009, 07:34 PM »
Hi new schoolers

Im going to start racing next year and I need some advice on what sort of things I should (and shouldnt) be looking for in a NS race BMX. Ive only ever had OS bikes since a nipper and can well tell the difference between OS race and OS freestyle but from what Ive read, the technology has moved on and so have the decent bike brands.

I know nowt about what to look for, Ive been riding an Identiti Dr Jekyll DJ for dirt jumping for the last year but now I want to get back to a 20" BMX. I went to a BMX shop the other day but it only sold NS freestyle bikes, mostly Eastern and Federal I think.

Can I get some advice off you guys about the brands, I was thinking about the Dialled MX20R or Crupi, and the S&Ms look the nuts but dunno how to make my mind up.

The styles of riding Ill be doing will be BMX race track and dirt jumping, is one bike enough to do this?

Any help greatly appreciated guys, cheers!

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Old schooler needs new school help
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 07:52 PM »
Hi,

I would say go cro mo if you want an allrounder, Mikes Dialleds are the nuts ( and he is one of the guys putting BACK into the sport in the UK)  and also look at S&M 38 special and Macniel moto frames

Dingo

dialledbikes

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 10:22 PM »
Cheers Mark  :daumenhoch:

xGoose, if you want an all rounder for racing and trails, then definitely go cro-moly.  All of the ones Mark mentioned are good cro-moly frames, so choose the one you like most/best suits your budget.

Try to get a ride on the ones you're thinking about.

xGoose

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 08:20 PM »
Thanks for the info lads. I reckon Im gonna go for a dialled :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Old schooler needs new school help

gfxgfx
gfx gfx