gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 08:35 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Club races at Bradford with class for OS + CruiserDads/Mums etc: -
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Club races at Bradford with class for OS + CruiserDads/Mums etc: -  (Read 9081 times)

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
------Date----------------------Registration--------Racing

Saturday 17/04/2010-------11:00-11:30-------12:00

Tuesday 04/05/2010-------18:00-18:30-------18:45

Tuesday 01/06/2010-------18:15-18:45-------19:15

Tuesday 29/06/2010-------18:15-18:45-------19:15

Tuesday 27/07/2010-------18:30-19:00-------19:30

Tuesday 24/08/2010-------18:30-19:00-------19:30

Tuesday 28/09/2010-------18:30-19:00-------19:30

Tuesday 19/10/2010-------18:30-19:00-------19:30

Because of regulation changes brought in by British Cycling we have had to make some slight changes to the Club's formula racing system.these are detailed below.
Race classes

5 formulas spliting under 18’s.
A new class – Club SUPERCLASS – for experienced / skilled riders 18+
A new class – Club TROHMS – for old skool / parents etc 18+ (TROHMS is They Really Ought to Have More Sense)

New race fees are £3 for all classes except Superclass which is £4.

Club Class riders remain in the same class all series

Formula class riders are moved between formulas determined by event results (and subject to limitations imposed by age/gender).

Riders aged 15, 16 and 17 can optionally move into SUPERCLASS from formula 1 if they qualify by finishing First or Second (subject to agreement by race Series Organiser). Once they move into SUPERCLASS they cannot move back out during that series. They must qualify and request to be moved, cannot enter the class directly at the first event they enter in the series.

Riders in TROHMS can move into SUPERCLASS at anytime by request. Once they move in they cannot move back out during that series.

No rider can move into SUPERCLASS after rounds 6, 7, or 8

SUPERCLASS is permanent payback – calculated as £1 per rider in class minus £1 for first, and half the first place amount for 2nd

SUPERCLASS do not get end of series trophies

One of the other formula groups 1 to 4 is randomly selected also as payback.

Formula 5 receive medals / trophy after each round awarded on event results

All formulas receive an end of series trophy if they have done at least 4 rounds.

TROHMS are never payback, and receive only an end of series trophy if they have done at least 4 rounds.

Racing Order will be TROHMS, F5, F4, F3, F2, F1, SUPERCLASS

In the event of less than three riders in a formula class, the riders will be automatically promoted to the next class up, except formula 1 which will be demoted to the formula 2 class.

In the event of less than three riders in SUPERCLASS and or TROHMS, the groups will be merged for racing as SUPERCLASS but re-split for points / payments
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 08:12 PM by Jon The Bassist »

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Latest from the club:

"This is the first race of the Club's Summer series.

All the usual stuff medals and trophies for all riders in Formula 5.

As many prizes and giveaways as we can find!!

New Superclass payback catergory to satisfy British Cycling's new regulations.

New category for Old schoolers, MTBs and parents who just want to give it a go (or should know better).

No experience necessary!!
All equipment available to borrow free of charge.

Possibility that Look North maybe coming to record the racing.

Refreshments available as usual."

motomagII

bit gutted im struggling to get to this and wanted to come along .got work till 11.30 its 40 min drive and wifey is working so i have to be home for 2.30 to watch young un .

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Greg, I did the last Bradford club race and it did start a bit after 12 and was done very quickly.
Of course I couldn't guarantee they'd be done early  :-\  :-\ :-\

Anything I can do to help you get packed up quickly just let me know as I won't have any ankle-biters with me to slow me down.

nhoj

I was going to do gate practice on Saturday andso I will take part in this instead :daumenhoch:

motomagII

if i let ya know tomorrow can u register me please i will get there around 12 or so ish bvut gotta get padded up and warmed up .also i take it we are the first on too

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Greg, just let me know the details I'll need and it'll be done.  We are supposed to be on first, but the fast lads (superclass) are on last.  If the classes get combined we might end up on last with them (we'll score points separately).  Of course if there's few of us we should be able to race on our own  :daumenhoch:

See y'all there!

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
im up for this, the last one i did was a good laugh,low key,no pressure :daumenhoch:

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Skill! Old School mini-meet at Bradford  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Good support for this event on Saturday with team RVR representing, and 5 of us Old Skoolers on the gate  :daumenhoch:
We were in the TROHMS class (basically, 18+ open, non-elite class) along with one of the Bradford cruiser dudes (Steve) and it worked very well with a decent 6-man gate and everyone in the mix.
Well done to Richie on being first OS rider, AND winning the TROHMS class   :4_17_5:

(Rooski, did you beat Steve in the 4th moto? I was 1 point ahead of him before that, so he probably took 3rd overall on countback anyway.)

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: Club races at Bradford with class for OS + CruiserDads/Mums etc: -
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 10:35 AM »
 :)  Was a good day out.Cheers to Jeremy and co at Bradford Bandits for the invite.One of our kids got the rider of the day trophy,presented to him by Oggy... :daumenhoch:

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 06:36 PM »
Good support for this event on Saturday with team RVR representing, and 5 of us Old Skoolers on the gate  :daumenhoch:
We were in the TROHMS class (basically, 18+ open, non-elite class) along with one of the Bradford cruiser dudes (Steve) and it worked very well with a decent 6-man gate and everyone in the mix.
Well done to Richie on being first OS rider, AND winning the TROHMS class   :4_17_5:

(Rooski, did you beat Steve in the 4th moto? I was 1 point ahead of him before that, so he probably took 3rd overall on countback anyway.)

Got third in the fourth moto after wobbly Steve took me out on the last part of the rhythm section :LolLolLolLol:

richie4

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 07:19 PM »
is there any practice or owt at bradford this w'end?

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 07:46 PM »
is there any practice or owt at bradford this w'end?
nothing on bandits website as yet,could be a trip to fearnville 8)

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 07:54 PM »
 :) Pretty sure there`s a club race on again this Saturday as we`ve had an invite.

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 08:02 PM »
I was fairly sure that it was the usual gate practice this Saturday late morning/lunchtime.  Next club race scheduled for Tuesday 4th May.
Could be worth emailing Jeremy via the club website contacts page to be sure http://www.bradfordbmxbandits.org.uk/

I won't be able to make it, I hope to fit in 30min on the way somewhere else this weekend.

richie4

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 06:48 PM »
i think i might be working most of saturday so i might have to practice mi bunnyhops n skids on sunday instead.

0ggy

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 01:02 PM »
just gates saturday, race tuesday

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 01:33 PM »
I think it's gates tonight and club race next Tuesday?
I'll be there with the lad tonight.

richie4

anyone going up to bradford on tues night?

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Yeah, I'll be there again.
Rode my OS bike today for the first time in a week or so and it felt weird after riding my cruiser!

richie4

im gonna give my cruiser a right good clean n bring it up on a tues night.

its proper old though,i think it was made around the same time as penny farthings came out.

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Cool!
Wish I'd kept mine  :'(

richie4

i'll let you do some laps on it.

motomagII

i will be over on tuesday night too straight from workj should just about make registration again lol

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Club races at Bradford with class for OS + CruiserDads/Mums etc: -

gfxgfx
gfx gfx