gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 08:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  WILL THERE BE A OS RACE SERIES IN THE NORTH THIS WINTER
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WILL THERE BE A OS RACE SERIES IN THE NORTH THIS WINTER  (Read 6374 times)

baldbmxer

WILL THERE BE A OS RACE SERIES IN THE NORTH THIS WINTER
« on: August 13, 2010, 10:08 PM »
I heard there wasnt a winter regional series, but will there be an OS series around the races that the clubs are holding?

THIRSTYKIRSTY

Re: WILL THERE BE A OS RACE SERIES IN THE NORTH THIS WINTER
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 10:16 PM »
no winter regionals jj  ????

wat ya supposed to do all winter

go to midlands ,,probs closer

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 10:18 PM »
come to scotland. we will be having a winter series

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 10:19 PM »
The rumour is there's no winter series in the north but whether the clubs do an os meeting when they have their meetings is a diffrent matter ???
Ride it like its stolen

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 10:20 PM »
We could cobble together a series from the club races that will be going on. If we race with non-OSers we can always tally results based on where we finish compared to the other OS riders.
Bradford already put OS with 17+ novices, which often ends up as just OS on our own  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 10:35 PM »
As russ said if nothing materializes then us lads from the north east wil be heading to the midlands for a roll around during the winter
Ride it like its stolen

nhoj

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 09:42 AM »
I was told that it is Preston who have started this because they have afew races and club days of there own.  They have suggestednot to run a winter series because of the sometimes overall low turn outs.  Last year was abit up and down because of the weather.  Lytham cancelled, manchester cancelled then held the week after etc

moley

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 01:30 PM »
Dont fret!!

If there is no Regional Winter Series then we'll make our own!!

Any club that holds a club race meet so we get use of gate, start and finish bods etc, etc will be eligible for an OS round.

We could even venture in the Midlands and across the border if peeps want to do that.

Hartlepool (if I'm correct) does not have club meets on a Sunday but if we can persuade them to have a race meet on a Sunday before the Summer Regional and National Series and get a good OS turnout and advertise it a bit then they might be persuaded to run one.   We can then have this as our traditional end of series meet at Hartlepool (like the last 5 out of 6 Winter and  Summer series).

We'll wait for the announcements and then find out about the club meets.   I suggest a 5 or 6 race series because it will be a shorter winter series due to the North Region Championships being held in October and we could have a short mid winter break to hopefully avoid most of the shitty weather!!

I think this is the best way to do it.    With the amount of injuries, I think a properly staffed meet with gates and officials is the way to go.............Plus Smoothy would jump the start if we had no gate and just staffed it ourselves!!!  :D

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 02:08 PM »
Worse case:

We can always just meet up at a track and have a sesh, racing is good but skills are honed during these types of meets cos you encourage each other to do stuff.

We can always race too, we dont need a gate and marshalling to have the O/S craic  :4_17_5:

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

moley

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 02:10 PM »
Worse case:

We can always just meet up at a track and have a sesh, racing is good but skills are honed during these types of meets cos you encourage each other to do stuff.

We can always race too, we dont need a gate and marshalling to have the O/S craic  :4_17_5:

Wise words from the Dungeon Master!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 02:16 PM »
I think 4 rounds would be better, let folks know dates as early as
poss and have 4 well attended races rather than 6 not as well attended  :daumenhoch:

For me...........Coppul, Lythum, Preston, Leeds (not the one you are at tomz the other)

Offline R Al

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 03:27 PM »
Worse case:

We can always just meet up at a track and have a berm, racing is good but berming skills are honed during these types of meets cos you encourage each other to do stuff.

:4_17_5:

:4_17_5:

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 03:37 PM »
We need burgers and medics though...

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 03:42 PM »
BBQ and neurofen cover that  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

In2 bmx

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 03:45 PM »
We need burgers and medics though...
BBQ and neurofen cover that  :daumenhoch:
Sounds good to me ..  :daumenhoch:

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 05:45 PM »
i would be happy doin the odd club race,and as diggler suggests a few meet ups at different tracks
I already go to Yeadon every couple of weeks,and ive seen Diggler lurking around there as well :D
So thats settled it Yeadon every 2 weeks :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 06:23 PM »
if it goes this way then lytham coppull preston are a canny hike as hartlepool would be but of the choice given, coppull, yeadon (deffo yeadon as the last meet there was mental  :daumenhoch:)  n preston sound cool n what about one of the more central midlands tracks for a change?

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 06:27 PM »
Aye, sounds like there are plenty of options with even the north midlands tracks near the A1 or M1 being easy to get to  :daumenhoch:
I don't think Yeadon (Leeds) is having meets for a while due to a moaning minnie nearby - despite the track being established there nearly 30 years.

nhoj

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2010, 10:07 PM »
Preston is a good track but should be boycotted IF they are to blame for ending the winter series >:(

Davey

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 06:34 PM »
I will go anywhere for a play on the bike once the body lets me......

:)

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 08:18 AM »
You are correct - there will be no winter series in the North region.

The reason I was given, which makes sense to me is that the summer season doesn't finish until after the Club Champs in October and next years summer season will have to start in March to fit everything in.

The North Region have said to me that they can't fit a regional in at all of the clubs in the available time, when you also take into account club racing expected at some of the clubs.

But fear not my OS chums!

A few clubs, including CGR, are thinking about getting together and running an inter club winter series.  I reckon we could be talking about 6 races in total but all of that needs to finalised.

If this comes off, and I really think it will, the OS crew will always be welcome.  You boys will probably be our biggest revenue stream!!

I reckon the clubs thinking about doing this probably need a few weeks to get the plans drawn up and with a few big races still to come this year you may not see any comms until after the Brits.  But something is sure to come out and I fully expect to see some sort of Club run winter series this winter in the North.

So keep your eyes and ears open.

Dex

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 08:27 AM »
 ::)    :daumenhoch:

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 09:03 AM »
I won't be able to commit to doing a full series at this point but I'm definitely up for some racing over the winter. One or two of the longer distance treks might not be feasible. Also, a few proposed dates would be really useful asap as my diary for next year is already filling up with gigs.
Whatever happens, I'll be up for a few sessions at Yeadon/Bradford/Fearnville and maybe the odd roadtrip to H'pool/Heywood, just keep in touch dudes :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 09:15 AM »
We'll sort summat out!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 09:58 AM »
It's disapointing that there is no winter series. I agree that fitting in 8 races is probably a bit tight but I always thought the winter series should be only 5 or 6 races anyway. But I guess that would mean 2 or 3 clubs loosing out on revenue (although by not having a winter series at all aren't all clubs loosing out on revenue?).

However, I'm also keen join in a cobbled together series of OS races (be it at club meets or whatever) and race at inter-club meets.  So long as we co-ordinate ourselves via RAD we can maximise the turnout at these chosen events.

I suggest we vote for somekind of "Northern Old Skool Racing Chairman" to facilitate this fairly.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  WILL THERE BE A OS RACE SERIES IN THE NORTH THIS WINTER

gfxgfx
gfx gfx