gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 07:03 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  WILL THERE BE A OS RACE SERIES IN THE NORTH THIS WINTER
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WILL THERE BE A OS RACE SERIES IN THE NORTH THIS WINTER  (Read 6373 times)

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
Re: WILL THERE BE A OS RACE SERIES IN THE NORTH THIS WINTER
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 04:33 PM »
in the meantime, should we class this 17th October North Club Champs Preston (TBC) as the first race of whatever likkle winter series we come up with? and if mr mole updates his ossracing site we (he, coz he's super sexy n awesome and keeps us dudes rolling) can keep tabs on scores n shit innit?

moley

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 04:38 PM »
I'm gonna find out and see if the North Region Champs is open to all OS'ers and not just BC Members.

The winter series of OS should be open to anyone who wants to race!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 05:16 PM »
doesnt the summer membership cover us for this anyway as the theivin gypsy c*nts take wor spondoolies n blank us at the brits

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2010, 05:24 PM »
Aye but there are a few that didn't get BCF licenses that might be up for it (or could be persuaded  :knuppel2:)

Now that BCF have almost entirely stopped supporting BMX I feel properly robbed, as that was the only good thought; that my money was helping the sport generally :dick turpin smiley:

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2010, 07:30 PM »
Aye but there are a few that didn't get BCF licenses that might be up for it (or could be persuaded  :knuppel2:)

Steve Stunts is planning a winter series (licence free) comeback.

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2010, 07:45 PM »
in the meantime, should we class this 17th October North Club Champs Preston (TBC) as the first race of whatever likkle winter series we come up with? and if mr mole updates his ossracing site we (he, coz he's super sexy n awesome and keeps us dudes rolling) can keep tabs on scores n shit innit?

I agree - so long as it's open to non-BC members.  I think the winter series is a good way of getting newbies to "try before they buy".

I might be worth deciding how many rounds we are going to have in the OS Winter Series - that way it'll give us something to pin the chosen races to.

I suggest a format of 6 rounds, with the 4 best results being used to calculate final standings. I think a 6/4 format will be enough to keep us ticking over until next summer but shouldn't be too demanding on the commitment front. Perhaps one race in October, December, January, February and two in November? I believe the (BC) summer series is due to start a little earlier than usual, in March.

How does this sound??
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:15 PM by James Nada »

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2010, 04:05 PM »
As a rough idea it seems fair James. I guess we'll have to see how many club races there are going to be, and when they all are.
Going back to Nohj's point earlier, I'd be interested to know how much this was a democratic decision for the good of all the region, and not just 1 or 2 of the bigger clubs making the decisions  ???

moley

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2010, 04:29 PM »
All of the clubs voted on it.  They have to by law.  So blaming one person or one club is just wrong.

Its run by a committee so every club has a vote!!

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2010, 05:33 PM »
All of the clubs voted on it.  They have to by law.  So blaming one person or one club is just wrong.

Its run by a committee so every club has a vote!!

Fair enough, no complaints from me then. I'm sure squeezing a full winter series in a short off-season was a big consideration.

nhoj

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2010, 06:58 PM »
Just to clarify my earlier remarks which I heard on the grape vine afew weeks ago.  I have since heard from the same person that it is just down to a very busy/tight calender with nationals etc.  Apparently it would have meant races every other week or something similar. 

I thought the world rotated around the old skool northern region but apparently there is life beyond :crazy2:

Apologies if I made out other clubs etc to be the bad guys :daumenhoch:

On another note, Leeds said that they should be able to run a club race thing at Yeadon or Fearnville if it was all done properly.  We should get some clubs/dates booked soon as really :smiley6600:

moley

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2010, 08:53 PM »
I thought the world rotated around the old skool northern region but apparently there is life beyond :crazy2:

Thats true, its on wikipedia!!

I dont think there's any bad guys.   I think the North Region Champs is an extra race (Champs last year was doubled up with Rnd 8 of the SS). 

Having 8 races squished up when some people are hard up along with (some) clubs winter race meets which are revenue building for that club etc, etc, something had to give.   The finish line ladies said that there were talks about having a smaller winter series but that was squashed because it wouldn't be fair on any that didn't have a regional.

If Barnard Castle new BMX Track is long enough for a regional then that would be another track to join the series.   

I think we need more Tracks in the North North North West of England!!  One at Kendal, Ulverston and Barrow would be okay!!!  :)

On another note, Leeds said that they should be able to run a club race thing at Yeadon or Fearnville if it was all done properly.  We should get some clubs/dates booked soon as really :smiley6600:

Yeadon!!!    I haven't raced there yet!!  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  WILL THERE BE A OS RACE SERIES IN THE NORTH THIS WINTER

gfxgfx
gfx gfx