gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975601 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 09, 2024, 09:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Track building
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Track building  (Read 1084 times)

Bushwacked

Track building
« on: November 27, 2010, 07:48 AM »
Some of you may have seen an earlier post about track builders. I'm after some further info.

Our local council have agreed to provide us with some land and we are now working on pulling together all the relevant information to take it forward. We want to make a good application which really demonstrates how a well designed, thoughtout and managed track will benefit the community.

Does anyone have any contacts at councils that we could speak to so we could learn from their mistakes and successes? Or some tracks which are seen as really bringing a community benefit?

rupert

Re: Track building
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 09:35 AM »
from my own experience dont bother talking to other councils.
find the nearest club near you and talk to them , talk to the likes of dirtworks on here they are called hudu and flemdog.
also think carefully about what your doing get as many local councilors behind you as possible before you make any firm statements in the press.
18 months ago i and a few friends did exactly what you are doing we even got 330k of funding from sport england........... then we got shafted at council by 1 vote , 1 councilor pulled the plug because he couldnt understand why we didnt want to make money and felt the project was unsustainable given the fact he saw a track over grown and not used near man city football ground......... guess what that track was a temp 1 built for training for the olympics in 08 :2gunsfiring_v1:

remember this most councilors are retired or failed business people and if it doesnt enhance their lives or their friends they are not interested the councilor that shafted us in the end realized he had made a mistake and even admitted he didnt even read the report by thyis time it was to late and the whole project failed.

sell it to the local councilors first the rest will gather pace .
good luck

Bushwacked

Re: Track building
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 11:45 AM »
Councillers are apparently already onside. They have given us permission to redevelop the old track in town.

Someone is looking into funding and I'm looking into getting some designs / costs put together and ideas of what benefit a track will bring along with learning from other experiences.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Track building

gfxgfx
gfx gfx