gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 10:32 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  SUMMER RACING north
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SUMMER RACING north  (Read 11078 times)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: SUMMER RACING north
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2011, 07:51 PM »
I fear it is the season of discountent

http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2011, 07:56 PM »
Im feeling a summer on the water coming on  :coolsmiley:

Anyone want an OS race bike  ;D

dan-dare

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2011, 08:04 PM »

bof

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2011, 08:46 PM »

Is it time for a rebel organisation, anyone feeling the need to kick the system a little ?

I woul dgo with that .  :daumenhoch: I know its frowned upon but lets go and enjoy ourselves . Daz dont think I will race OS just pissed off with the way you guys have been treated in the last 2 years.

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2011, 08:54 PM »
them dates suck big time ,,,bit like diggler really

but god  4 races week afte week,,,,us north east lads will struggle with that

wat posseses them to arrange dates like that ,,,,fook all in july

like it has been said ,,,should dtart it a month earlier and spread em

rant over

love n peece

dawg

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2011, 09:20 PM »

5 regionals in 7 weeks with a National in the middle!!!! wtf 

Rooster

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2011, 10:21 PM »
If you have any concerns over the schedule, or anything else for that matter that's related to the North Region please email me on

james.tresman@hotmail.co.uk

This is far easier than me checking out multiple forums everyday and will hopefully lead to your queries being answered quicker.

It seems I'll have to draft a statement on the date switch as a few chaps over on Talk have issues with it too!

Please be patient with us as we are trying our best!

Rooster

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2011, 11:26 PM »
Race scheduling

The Preston Regional date has been switched to June 5th due to the National Series rounds at Redditch themselves being moved due to the rescheduling of World Championship practice.
Preston informed the North Region Committee that they were only available to run an event on the 5th which means the calendar becomes even more congested but the club maintained that this date was the only viable one for them to be able to host.

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2011, 11:46 PM »
With having to buy a licence and the cost of fuel i'm wondering if its worth bothering...  :-\
2 minutes turkish...

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2011, 11:56 PM »
With having to buy a licence and the cost of fuel i'm wondering if its worth bothering...  :-\
[/quote

that's exactly what I was thinking marc. The end of may begining of June is gonna be a killer in fuel prices for us lot from north east :-\
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:11 AM by gish »
Ride it like its stolen

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 12:15 AM »
same thing for me , i understood i would have to travel to take part in the os but the ones next to each other i'll struggle with,  looking at 2 or 3 rounds i'll be able to get to , may have to rethink things,

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2011, 12:59 AM »
sad really , that u cant turn up and just race as when it suits. Afterall old school is more for the fun than the seriousness and point collecting. must be hard for the organisers to set dates that most are happy with and all credit for you for all the effort you put in behind the sceanes coz it cant be easy. just reading this thread i getthe feeling numbers may not be as high during this summer as it could be.  :'(

moley

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2011, 01:04 AM »
Are there any club meets in the summer?

We have just proven that we can make a series out of club meets (weather being the only problem during winter months).

We could make a series up out of club races and therefore not need any licenses.   The downpoint is not enough clubs have meets on a sunday (if at all i.e Hartlepool, Leeds etc, etc).

Or..........................

pay for a membership/license and race most of the regional meets and hopefully Preston has a club meet on a sunday that isn't in June and use that for the preston round.

Also........................

We dont have to follow the regionals or BC.      If we need to we can just meet up at Hartlepool/Heywood/Leeds (both tracks) and someone can say go to start.   If someone is filming then so long as the finish is covered then we should be able to figure out who finished where.

BTW.    I like racing regionals.    I enjoy the atmosphere and racing............................but OS is about the craic.............and the craic...............for us anyway is the OS riders.

The only other downside to making our own series using club meets or turn up at track days is it could devalue our series and people wont be arsed turning up but the cheaper fees might have the opposite effect.

Also BC will miss out on

2010 OS Summer (31 riders x Silver Membership cost) and £960+ in regional race day fees
2009 OS Summer (39 riders x Silver Membership cost) and £1208 in regional race day fees
2008 OS Summer (30 riders x Silver Membership cost)  and £808 in regional race day fees

If everyone is just bothered about the Preston Date then we can arrange if for a club meet at preston, they must have one.

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2011, 07:12 AM »
FYI: Bradford will be having a full summer series as usual with Floodlights on Tuesday evenings. Old Skool/novice adult class at every race.

CLUB-Summer Series 2011 (provisional)
Tuesday 26/04/2011
Tuesday 17/05/2011
Tuesday 07/06/2011
Tuesday 28/06/2011
Tuesday 19/07/2011
Tuesday 09/08/2011
Tuesday 06/09/2011
Tuesday 27/09/2011
Tuesday 18/10/2011
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:03 AM by Jon The Bassist »

Cotty

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2011, 08:08 AM »
Preston Summer series is usally on a Tuesday night.

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2011, 09:39 AM »
9 rounds at Bradford then  :daumenhoch:   can do that  ;D  7 out of 9 gets ya a tshirt  :LolLolLolLol: ,,,

can't realy comment being a new addition to series, and i'm unsure if i've missed the point but,   i think Moley has got a great point of view,     can the series be run by the participants as per the winter series,  tbh i don't give a shite about finishing somewhere on the bcf points table etc etc , what use is it to me, not going to the olympics to race old school  ::)

i agree the regional races are great from what few i saw last year but i'm more interested in meeting up with like minded people who just appreciate the fact that were there to enjoy our old bikes and enjoy the day out ,  the regional  dates as they are mean that for most of the rounds i won't be able to manage that, not all of us have unlimited budgets to use. :'(

at manc' all the fun of racing that i remember from bitd  was amongst the old school, hand shakes at the end of the race, bit of banter, piss taking , what i recall racing was like,  is'nt that the idea behind Old School,  i personally am more than happy to race at club meetings/level as i know thats all i want to do,  and more so, am capable of  ;D .

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2011, 10:09 AM »
at manc' all the fun of racing that i remember from bitd  was amongst the old school, hand shakes at the end of the race, bit of banter, piss taking , what i recall racing was like,  is'nt that the idea behind Old School,  i personally am more than happy to race at club meetings/level as i know thats all i want to do,  and more so, am capable of  ;D .

You were obviously doing it right then OT  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2011, 10:25 AM »
You could have gone to the North Open Meeting, or if you were unavailable, made sure there was someone from your club going who could represent your views. I was interested, so I went. My understanding is that once the Redditch national was moved, then the North region HAD to move the Preston regional, so no choice in the matter.

I think riders should do whatever suits them, official regionals and/or club races and whichever bike/class they want to. I'm in a different position to many of you as I've got a son who wants to race at the Brits so we'll be doing 5+ regionals whatever happens, and well both be doing the Brits.  Only thing is, a summer OS series really needs to be agreed before the first summer regional.  I personally couldn't afford to travel massive distances for club races on top of regionals, but I'd try my best to get to club races within striking distance, eg Manc, NE, Preston, Heywood.

moley

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2011, 12:52 PM »
Preston Summer series is usally on a Tuesday night.

It looks like we are stuck with the regionals.

Regionals is best 6 of 8 so maybe we can make ours best 5 of 8 so people can get around the congested fixture list. by missing 1 or 2 out

That way people can still get a trophy if they do 6 out of 8 regionals but ours will be worked out slightly different. .

Just an idea................discuss!!  :D

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2011, 01:00 PM »
At a struggle I'll be at these 4 and thats it  :yahoo_silent:

Rd. 4 June 12th Mid lancs
Rd. 5 June 26th North East
Rd. 6 July 17th Preston
Rd. 8 August 28th Goldcoast

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2011, 01:39 PM »
I think a simple solution for Summer 2011 would be for the qualification for Brits and Trophies to be reduced to 5 out of 8 rounds, with the best 5 results to be used towards a final score.

For 2012 the series should start in late Feb!

I'll be emailing James (Rooster) with my suggestions too rather than just chucking 'em up on a forum.

After giving this some thought I personally don't think that setting up an OS series outside of the regionals is a good idea - this was discussed at length in a thread last year and I think that was also the general consensous. Remember - this scheduling problem affects ALL riders, not just OSers.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 01:42 PM by Jimmy Nada »

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2011, 01:42 PM »

Rd. 6 July 17th Preston

You'll be on your own at Preston then  ;)  That's the one they've moved to June 5th...

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2011, 01:54 PM »

Rd. 6 July 17th Preston

You'll be on your own at Preston then  ;)  That's the one they've moved to June 5th...

R! Thanks  :daumenhoch:

Cotty

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2011, 02:37 PM »
clown

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2011, 02:45 PM »
clown