gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 02:49 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Greetings and salutations from Wales
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Greetings and salutations from Wales  (Read 2931 times)

Beelzebug

Greetings and salutations from Wales
« on: August 09, 2011, 06:15 PM »
Hello all, I'm Steve from carmarthenshire in the wild west of wales, been lurking around the forums for a while now lusting after the bikes I wanted as a kid. A recent trip to a vw show hit home how much I wanted a bmx again.

Back in the day I had a pos sunn mustang followed by a team burner, nothing more exciting than riding around the streets of a quiet valleys village, sometimes building jumps from scavenged planks and bricks and bombing around the local coal tips...falling off a lot. Then got into mountain bikes and guitars and aint been neer a bmx for over 20 years.

Anyway, just got myself an Aero reflex f&f which will be built up as a rider soon as the parts are sourced. Then will be restoring a redline rl20 to show. :)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: Greetings and salutations from Wales
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 06:17 PM »
Welcome aboard fella. And I wont be the only to warn you, this hobby can get really addictive if left unmonitored!!!!!!!!

Lovely part of the world you're from, only a couple of hours from me, spent many a summer down there

Beelzebug

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 06:27 PM »
Thanks man, yeah, love living the quiet life out west, but am originally from the swansea valley, moved here 15 years ago.

Hehe, the addiction is kicking in...would hate to add up all the hours I've spent on bmx related internet adventures over the last few weeks ;D

The enjoyment prevention officer (the mrs.) is already showing signs of worry and bewilderment on my behalf! :)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 06:32 PM »
Just explain to her the benefits of BMX

1. Your sat in a shed playing with oily bits and not in the pub
2. You're lusting after exotic and rare framesets and not other women
3. After getting a build done and you start riding again, you'll be too fooked to nag her for sex as you'll ache all over!!!

Beelzebug

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 06:42 PM »
 ;D ;D haha, true on all counts, already used some of these excuses when she started to show some concern...but as always I've compromised and sold one of my bass guitars to fund the build ;)

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 08:41 AM »
welcome to the site  :daumenhoch:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 08:51 AM »
Welcome to Rad :daumenhoch:

The Reflex makes a great Rider and is a good choice for a first build  :4_17_5:

Clean

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 08:58 AM »
Welcome, Mate!

My first build was a Reflex (have a look in the museum for some piccies).

I am just about to split it out for sale, so if you are after some parts (all NOS, only ridden half a dozen times) PM me!  :daumenhoch:

Enjoy RAD, and say goodbye to your salary!  ;D

Clean.

Beelzebug

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 09:27 AM »
Cheers man :)  Just checked out the pics, nice build...very similar colourscheme to what I'm going with although a slightly different style. Already got a load of parts on the way but still looking for a few bits. Some of the stuff you have there looks like they might be a little rich for my budget though ;D

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 10:22 AM »
Welcome to RAD Steve  :daumenhoch:
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Beelzebug

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 08:58 AM »
First off, thanks n shit to all who have made me feel welcome in the childrens bicycle association  ;D your greetings are much appreciated...

Now then...what is it they say about good intentions etc?...well...my original intentions were all good...buy frame and forks, keep it in a box for a few months, take my time buying parts then assemble everything over the winter.

That is what was supposed to happen anyway... ;)...been on this forum for all of 2 weeks and already have nearly all the parts I need . Massive thanks to all the radsters who have furnished me with goodies and helped me spend my paypal budget  ::)...did I mention that the E.P.O. is the keeper of the key that opens the magic invisible money machine?   it has taken some serious cunning on my behalf to loosen the purse strings, but she seems okay with it now and is coming to terms with my growing obsession...bless her, she pretends to be interested.

It has not come without cost though...I had to sacrifice one of my beloved bass guitars (1990 charvel) to the gods of ebay before she who must be obeyed would let me make offerings of gold to strangers in return for ancient lumps of metal...  >:D

But I digress...its looking like my two wheeled steed of steel will be ready by the end of next month, then all I have to do is tame it!  :P

Seriously though folks, thanks for being alowed to join such a great forum, there's some top peoples on here and cheers to all who have answered all my inane questions and relieved me of my wages...the addiction is kicking in...and I like it  :D

Steve

Really must get myself a site supporter tag soon too, people must be sick of me emailing them to dib stuff....whats the score with purchasing one anyway and how long does it take to get my tag after I have sent the monies?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Greetings and salutations from Wales

gfxgfx
gfx gfx