gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 11:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Ardwick Sports Center & Altrincham Ice Rink old school skaters
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ardwick Sports Center & Altrincham Ice Rink old school skaters  (Read 2604 times)

Winston Jones

Hey, Winston here, got a message via facebook so thought I'd let everyone know I'm still alive and kickin, not riding any more, sold my bike in 91 in Barbados! Freight was gonna cost me a fortune to bring back to U.K. I'm living in Brisbane Australia, Have a computer business and ride a Honda Goldwing which I'm taking to Tasmainia in November for a 10 day tour. Started ice skating again recentley, Bought a pair of Hockies for myself and the girlfriend and we try to go every other week, mind is willing to skate like a lunatic like I used to but the body complains lol. Will try and be active on this site once I finnish renovated investment property on the gold coast for my girlfriend, back there tomorrow to rip up the floors and start fitting out the bathroom. Take care guys.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:19 AM by Winston Jones »

Winston Jones

Re: Ardwick Sports Center.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 07:12 PM »
Was suprised how much I retained from skating so many years ago, I used to skate in moulded skates, last pair I think were Micron Mascots, Have a pair of what I think are a carbon composite boots (CCM's) and are great. Not as agile and but doing o.k. will get some photos next time I go and post them here in time. Have no photos from back in the day at the ice rink, wish I did, they were good times. Do you remember "Herbie" Did you ever skate on new years eve? I used to clean the ice after afternoon sessions at the weekend which got me free entry so I used to skate most Friday's, saturdays and sundays. Think I stopped going so much when I got into bmx.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:05 PM by Winston Jones »

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 08:08 PM »
hi winnie, glad you made it here, i only ever remember you from ardwick liesure centre, never really knew you, think my mate 'aze' who i was always with,  knew you better.... 

sam
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Winston Jones

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 03:32 PM »
There a few people I rmember, Harry Parker, Sharon Daimond, she married and moved to the US, Jackie Shirt, wow so many faces I can't put names to. I remember John Stuart called me over the tannoy many times asking me to slow down either directley or politely being told to come to the box office lol. Was always fun too on the way home getting the train to Stretford and then either hitching or walking back to Chorlton Cum Hardy. Used to love the speed skating sessions, doing whips with my mates and heel stops into the corner, then fot good measure a snog in the middle of the ice during pairs, all good fun.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Ardwick Sports Center & Altrincham Ice Rink old school skaters

gfxgfx
gfx gfx