gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 04:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Aero reflex frame & forks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Aero reflex frame & forks  (Read 9655 times)

J69

Re: Aero reflex frame & forks
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 06:47 PM »
Cheers for all the comments guys, I'll be building it up over the winter months ready to ride next spring, that way I can get the right parts for the build without the wife giving me too much grief over the cost of it all! Will defo be putting tuffs on it & EZ bars, the rest at the moment is undecided other than I will almost certainly go for custom decals, they look so much better. I'll post pics when I'm finished & thanks to everyone again.

J

J69

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2011, 06:43 PM »
I have a couple of questions that I hope some of you guys can answer;
Can anyone please tell me what size diameter seat post I will need to fit my Aero Reflex frame as I don't have the shim (do I need the shim?), can I fit an Elina UL post & seat combo?
Is the bottom bracket 'American' size & can anyone recommend a decent one to fit with 1 piece cranks that wont cost the earth.
Whats the best product to use for polishing chrome - not removing rust or anything, just purely polishing already very good chrome.
As always, your help is very much appreciated.  ;)

Cheers

J69

deeman

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2011, 02:37 AM »
i need a shim for my frame,struggling o find one,someone suggested cutting a section of coke can to size.think im gonna try it!!

Beelzebug

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2011, 08:56 AM »

J69

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2011, 09:14 AM »
Cheers for the ebay link, do you what size is required for an Aero reflex frame?

J69

Beelzebug

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2011, 09:23 AM »
Depends on what size seatpost you're using I guess...the original size on the reflex is 25.4mm (thats the size of seat post clamp I'm using anyway).

So you will need 25.4 - whatever size of post you're using...hope that makes sense  :daumenhoch:

Beelzebug

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2011, 09:28 AM »
Just had a quick look at the elina posts, theres one on the bay which says its 25.5 which would suggest that you dont need a shim  ;)

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2011, 03:09 PM »
No no no no no....... :knuppel2:

The seatpost CLAMP you are using is 25.4mm inside diameter Beelzebub because the outside diameter of the seatpost TUBE is 25.4mm :shocked:

You need to get this right as Newschool bikes and Burners run 25.4mm outside diameter seatposts. If you buy one that size it will be too big.

Problem is I don't know off hand what the actual OD of an oldschool post is - I think it's 22.2mm or something like that, but someone on here will know. Don't forget the thickness of the frame tubes have to be removed from the 25.4mm ID of the clamp to work out the OD of the tube....

Fook, I've confused even myself and I still don't know what the shim size should be, but it was also me that suggested to Deeman cutting a coke can to make a shim, so give that a go first :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

Beelzebug

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2011, 09:36 AM »
Thats me told then... ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Aero reflex frame & forks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx