gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 01, 2024, 09:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Starting old school series racing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Starting old school series racing  (Read 2723 times)

lk_97

Starting old school series racing
« on: October 25, 2011, 10:55 AM »
Hi, I want to start old school series racing,  I am 14 and will be 15 in March,  I have a plate coming in the post, and I am 5'8, what would be a good frame for me to get? When does the new season start? I know you need a gold british cycling license, and most people use their last 3 numbers of their license, but how does it all work? And I live in Leicester so what would be the best one for me to enter? Like, when I get there what do, and would I ever need to change my plate number etc?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks in advance, Lucas. :daumenhoch:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

Re: Starting old school series racing
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 11:38 AM »
ya 15

got no fear
will jump everything
NO ya cant do old school racing :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

lk_97

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 12:37 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: I'm sure being a Spen and having asthma will give you all an advantage ;)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 12:42 PM »
Go for something cheap (ish) like a Mongoose Cali, or on the other hand a pitbull SE Assasin in chrome with chrome forks (which i might be selling pretty soon)  :LolLolLolLol:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 12:45 PM »
love the plug rob

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 12:47 PM »
you only need a silver licence, n you can use a number of your choice i think as long as it aint taken by other riders in your class for regional racing, no licence required for winter races, n buy my hawk in the sale section as you can use it for oldschool and cruiser class   ::)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 12:48 PM »
love the plug rob

what my Butt one?   ;)

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 12:50 PM »
hey rob

you said it mate not me ,,,,can i borra it ,,,a shite bproblem

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 12:54 PM »
hey rob

you said it mate not me ,,,,can i borra it ,,,a shite bproblem

they for up ya rubble chute dude, not ya mouth  :LolLolLolLol:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 12:58 PM »
woooo

do stop bein tarty dazza

lk_97

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 01:01 PM »
Liking the hints :LolLolLolLol: both are nice, but I'm already building a bike for freestyle, so unless I can transfer all the parts over to the race bike and it look ok, then I wouldn't mind. Typical as I used to have a mongoose cali

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 01:06 PM »

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 01:44 PM »
I think there's only the North region which is regularly running a specific Old Skool class.  You will need a BC Silver Membership to race the summer regionals.  For most other events (ie club races and one-off events like MK, and Bob Fields Grands [at Crewe]) you don't need anything, although joining a club is a good idea.  Of course if you want the practice you can race your Old Skool bike in the correct 20" or cruiser expert class at any race [like Phizzman did at the Brits], or race Novice at regional/club races.

lk_97

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 01:56 PM »
Thanks :daumenhoch: when do the summer regionals start? And where are they? I reckon I might have a go :)

lk_97

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 07:38 PM »
Go for something cheap (ish) like a Mongoose Cali, or on the other hand a pitbull SE Assasin in chrome with chrome forks (which i might be selling pretty soon)  :LolLolLolLol:

I'll have a look but if you sell your streetbeat I'll definitely buy that :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 08:47 PM »
Thanks :daumenhoch: when do the summer regionals start? And where are they? I reckon I might have a go :)

Likely to start around April [but could be earlier in 2012 due to UK hosting both World Champs (May) AND Olympics (Aug) :Great_Britain:].
North venues likely to be from: Leeds (Fearnville), Bradford, Hartlepool, Coppull (nr Chorley), Preston, Crewe, Lytham, Blackpool, Manchester (outdoor or indoor tracks).
I think most regions have run an Old Skool class but most have fizzled out - I doubt any would turn you away though if you wanted to race novice or expert.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 07:17 AM by Jon The Bassist »

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 12:30 AM »
just  a tip off for the OS race crude  ;) ;)  aparently the guys mum runs a netball team so if they turn up to show support , conversation in the pits should be more interesting   ;) ;)      :-X       :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:27 PM by oldtired »

trickydeno

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 01:15 AM »
just  a tip off for the OS race croud  ;) ;)  aparently the guys mum runs a netball team so if they turn up to show support , conversation in the pits should be more interesting   ;) ;)      :-X       :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:  get in there jimbo  :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 04:51 PM »
You need to be 16 or over.

At Hartlepool that new chap with his lad wanted to race OS and they wouldn't let the lad race and said he had to be 16.   The lad ended up racing Novice

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 05:12 PM »
You need to be 16 or over.

At Hartlepool that new chap with his lad wanted to race OS and they wouldn't let the lad race and said he had to be 16.   The lad ended up racing Novice

This is BC guidance but it's not set in stone - there's a lot of precedent for 14-15 year olds riding up, eg Aaron at Bradford has raced adults regularly in club races and most of the summer regionals this year. Loads of good riders have done it previously eg Quillan Isodore and  Jimmy Orena. I think it might depend on the officials at the race.

lk_97

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 08:49 PM »
just  a tip off for the OS race crude  ;) ;)  aparently the guys mum runs a netball team so if they turn up to show support , conversation in the pits should be more interesting   ;) ;)      :-X       :LolLolLolLol:

No, my mum does not run a netball team!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Starting old school series racing

gfxgfx
gfx gfx