gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975594 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 04, 2024, 09:49 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...  (Read 560765 times)

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
« Reply #3800 on: June 07, 2023, 06:48 PM »
FORE !

Now that is a rare beast, great colour too  explosion

I saw it before on eBay. Like years ago. Time I?d researched it it had sold. What I didn't know was they were made by solid bikes in CA, and there is only one other on the museum. That's rare lol.

Got everything I need for it too. Including the KHE disc I just bought.

BTW you have that Haro one right? Can you tell me what the larger 5 bolt bcd is? 110? 130? All I'm short is a chain ring to bolt on.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #3801 on: June 07, 2023, 08:31 PM »
I will pm you later dude :daumenhoch:
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3802 on: June 07, 2023, 08:36 PM »
This shit has got to stop  :LolLolLolLol:

Very recently bought used UGP grips and FSA Pig headset for an early 2000's Eastern Jane I just bought.

I have a few other parts but if you have a suggestion for era correct or newer spec for rider parts let me know what you would run.

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 09:29 PM by Chilli Rinse »

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3803 on: June 07, 2023, 10:13 PM »

Cool, please start a build thread and keep us updated. We like lots of pictures  fistblump

I might just do that, been terribly antisocial for quite some time now. Currently nightshift but once that's done I'm all over it 👍

:popcorn: Nice

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3804 on: June 07, 2023, 10:48 PM »
This shit has got to stop  :LolLolLolLol:

Very recently bought used UGP grips and FSA Pig headset for an early 2000's Eastern Jane I just bought.

I have a few other parts but if you have a suggestion for era correct or newer spec for rider parts let me know what you would run.

Cheers

OK, this is it until payday 🤣

Stem just paid for, in budget and just right  fistblump

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3805 on: June 08, 2023, 12:32 PM »
OK figured it out. Chain ring bcd is 110. Ordered one from source.

I don't really need anything else for the whole build I just need to sort out some cranks.

Not concerned about that yet though.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3806 on: June 09, 2023, 10:45 AM »
Buses. Fuggin buses !!!!

A while back a guy called Rob put a set of RNC cranks up for sale. Not the new full Ti ones, but the old mid school ones with the Ti axle. I thought about it for the Pork, but they were ratty and needed work. They were also repaired (properly) at some point so yeah no beuno for the Pork. He then got pissed around by people and removed them from sale. The other day I noticed them up on Ebay, and messaged him about them. He got confused and said he wasn't going to remove them from the bike. Hmm, OK. Well last night when realising I had no cranks for the Four I messaged him again pointing out I meant the RNC. This morning he got back to me, sorted. 45 quid posted.

As I say, bit ratty but nothing a file and some primer and satin black can't fix easily. I've worked with ten times worse. I even have a mid BB I bought for something else (Arcane CNC). I picked that up a while ago for about 8 quid.

So I am a set of cups short for that, and I have an idea. Any way, I bought this from Mike about two weeks back.

It was intended for the Eastern. However, then the guy I swapped with sent me this.

So aye, doony need it. So I got a chain ring, bolts and spacers to use it on the Four.

I wanted steel ones this time. The bolts like. I don't think the alloy ones would do well and besides I wanted silver...

OK all brilliant right? I then logged into Ebay and.... "Your offer has been accepted PAY NOW !". Oh god. Seems in my tired stupor I made a low ball offer on some cranks and then forgot all about it. *sigh* so I paid. still, you all tell me how many sets like this you've bought for 18 quid  :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3807 on: June 09, 2023, 05:45 PM »
Needed a stem for the Four. Also need some tyres too, but will sort that later. I found this.

Now obviously it won't work with the Four, given it is peach. I'm putting blue wheels on that, so it was either blue or black. However, as any collector will know anything in that dark green anno is complete rocking horse poo. Let alone in *that* shade of green with *that* mid school logo on. What it will work on is this.

Which will let my conscience yank off that minty black Demo stem to put on the Four.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3808 on: June 09, 2023, 07:04 PM »
Holy crap !

So I wasn't sure if the Four frame and bars either belong together or if they had both been refinished and thus the bars were unknown. It turns out that they are indeed original. Not only that, but it was one of extremely few sets sold in that colour.

As I went hunting for info I found out that the prototype was made at Solid.

There are only four others on the internet. One red, one black, and one in white I found away from the museum. The owner is called Brad, and I shot him a PM hoping he would answer. At first he did not. I mean, it could be over a decade since he was on the museum. But, one of his friends spotted the set when I posted it and phoned him !

So yes, the colour is 100% original. Metallic salmon it was called. And so are the bars. They were made by S&M. And, I have the only set known left to exist. Still taking that in tbh.

Amazingly they only ever made 50. Total. Here is the info he posted.

The frame pictured above is a complete NOS Four bikes Battletech in Metallic Salmon, one of the last colors I had them painted in.
* It's actually supposed to be sparkle orange but the powdercoater didn't use the correct base coat and clear so it's came out salmon color.:lol:

There were 50 Battletech and 50 Sonic frames produced by MASS
Most of the Battletechs were painted either metallic grey or gloss red and sold through Dan's Comp at the time.

two were done in Black Chrome and came out looking incredible, both sold to local riders in the SJ area.
Other colors included White, Grey, Red, Some gloss translucent blue where we scuffed them with stainless BBQ wheels so put a pattern into the metal before painting I've sold a few of these here on the museum.

I still have a very small stock of Battletech and Sonic frames in stock at my warehouse.

That's mad tbh. I mean, I don't care what it is worth financially but it is definitely something to absolutely cherish. Rare doesn't always mean expensive, but it is still fooking cool.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3809 on: June 09, 2023, 09:29 PM »
That was a good read dude. I think it's made its way to the right home too. Like you said rare and just cool. Congrats on the find. I wonder how much he wants for a frame set sitting in his warehouse ?

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3810 on: June 09, 2023, 11:53 PM »
That was a good read dude. I think it's made its way to the right home too. Like you said rare and just cool. Congrats on the find. I wonder how much he wants for a frame set sitting in his warehouse ?

No idea tbh. Gotta be worth asking?

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3811 on: June 17, 2023, 09:13 PM »
Had a suprise   in the post yesterday. I'm always looking on eBay for seller some bits  mainly for Sharp stuff because I know its all the OT Cycles  stash and I always  try  to buy his Sharp stuff, anyway when I last left feedback I sent him a pic of some of my  Sharp collection.

He remembered and sent me a suprise brochure. TOP MAN👍👍

« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 09:32 PM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3812 on: June 17, 2023, 09:41 PM »
Had a suprise   in the post yesterday. I'm always looking on eBay for seller some bits  mainly for Sharp stuff because I know its all the OT Cycles  stash and I always  try  to buy his Sharp stuff, anyway when I last left feedback I sent him a pic of some of my  Sharp collection.

Nice touch.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3813 on: June 17, 2023, 09:44 PM »

Nice touch.
Yes, I was really  made up, and it really did make my day.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3814 on: June 28, 2023, 10:18 PM »
These were delivered today. They probably won't end up on the same build but the pedals have been earmarked for something soonish  fistblump

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3815 on: July 07, 2023, 09:41 AM »
More mushrooms arrived.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 09:47 AM by SDF »

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3816 on: July 10, 2023, 08:45 PM »
 I just paid up for that Strong seat post on eBay. It was a must for an all Japanese build in the pipeline. Sorted  fistblump
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 08:56 PM by Chilli Rinse »

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3817 on: July 14, 2023, 02:40 PM »
Wow man.

So I sent Toby "a few bits"  :LolLolLolLol: OK so it was more of most of a bike  :LolLolLolLol:

I then got an odd message from Nick asking me what Tshirt size I wear, so after calling him a perv and having a laugh I thought no more of it.

Got over today and man, big box waiting for me full of Rob Zombie gear, a hat and a bag? not opened that yet.

Super thoughtful Tobe. And I tell you what else, there is a back story too. When I lost everything in the USA I sold my car and had just about enough left to throw all my old rags away and buy all new clothes to come home with. So at least I had a shirt on my back. And they were all RZ Tshirts.

I literally wore that shit until it had holes in  :LolLolLolLol: then I tried to buy more, but couldn't find any at the time in the UK. So that's mad shit man. Right up my friggin alley Tobe.

Not gonna wear any of it though, even the hat. Or use the bag. I am going away at  the end of September, so it will all go in my suitcase when I get back.

Amazing man. Seriously, thanks so much dude. I often give things away, and usually to the wrong people. I mean FFS I sent some dude ?200 worth of computer parts once and I HAD TO CHASE HIM to make sure it had shown up.

Stoked !

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3818 on: July 14, 2023, 03:38 PM »
One good deed deserves another dude, enjoy fistblump
I tried to keep it mid school for you so the bag is 1996, it is twice the size I thought it was to be honest  :LolLolLolLol: those courier bags wrap around you nicely whilst riding though. The hat is 00's dead stock and the RZ T's were a must after you mentioned the frame and that you are a huge fan.

If I can ever help you out, just shout  :daumenhoch:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3819 on: July 14, 2023, 06:12 PM »
Superb thanks dude !

Yeah that bag will deffo come in very handy on holiday.

If it ever stops raining  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3820 on: July 14, 2023, 08:23 PM »
You might get lucky  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3821 on: July 14, 2023, 08:30 PM »
Late last night I bought a nos black Sedis chain for one of my European builds, sweet. Then I checked out the sellers other items and saw a nos 80's Izumi ESH track chain in black and gold, NJS approved and it worked out cheaper than a new one. Very happy with that fistblump

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3822 on: July 18, 2023, 12:50 PM »
Nice-looking chain that Izumi! :daumenhoch:

Snagged these the other day. Didn't need them but I liked the design! ;D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 11:37 PM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3823 on: July 18, 2023, 03:55 PM »
Very cool, great design, I like 👍🏼

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3824 on: July 22, 2023, 01:38 AM »
Late night purchase, yes please.

Stronglight cranks in bleu  :smitten:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx