gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975601 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 09, 2024, 02:13 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  worlds bbc coverage
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: worlds bbc coverage  (Read 2975 times)

ammacopij72

worlds bbc coverage
« on: June 02, 2012, 11:18 AM »
Just found out Sir Andy of Ruffell is part of the commentary team on tomorrow show!  8)

it's on bbc2 @ 14.00  :daumenhoch:

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: worlds bbc coverage
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 02:01 PM »
Just found out Sir Andy of Ruffell is part of the commentary team on tomorrow show!  8)

it's on bbc2 @ 14.00  :daumenhoch:

Recording set  :daumenhoch:

It's good to hear Andy is getting more involved with BMX.

baldbmxer

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 10:51 PM »
What a load of sh!te getting Hugh Porter and Andy Ruffell to do the commentary for the coverage on the 2012 Worlds Championships. :knuppel2:

Andy admits he knows sh!t about modern day racing an as for Hugh Porter!!!!! FFS

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 10:53 PM »
Very poor

b45t4rd

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 11:08 PM »
What a load of sh!te getting Hugh Porter and Andy Ruffell to do the commentary for the coverage on the 2012 Worlds Championships. :knuppel2:

Andy admits he knows sh!t about modern day racing an as for Hugh Porter!!!!! FFS

BMX on national TV, that's a start.  :daumenhoch:

Give Hughie his due, he genuinley seems to enjoy BMX racing, at least he knows Birmingham has a "G" in it, unlike the stadium announcers.  ::)  Birminum.  :LolLolLolLol:

Another beer JJ?  :crazy2:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 11:11 PM »

It sounded like 'It's a knockout'...  BBC, very out of touch. Like I posted in the other thread, this isn't 1984. Poor.

"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

moomin

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 11:14 PM »
Not entirely sure how or what they are representing as a sport, it aint TT but 8 on 8, however any publicity is good  :-\

TBH i find more concerning our lack of athletes and back ups and no depth of the team in the event of injury  :shocked:

baldbmxer

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 11:17 PM »
Yeah its a start Paul. But they didnt look very far regarding the presentation.

Hugh Porter might genuinely enjoy BMX racing, hell I genuinely enjoy Velodrome racing but wouldnt dream of trying to commentate on it.

They should have had some one in the know, someone who could watch the racing and commentate on the action without having to 'read the script'.

Willers was clearly gunning for Daudet into the final final turn..... They kind of missed that! Said Willers lost control or slid out or something lame. I guess a comparison to Shanaze's half hearted take out effort in the last turn at Bejing would have been a little to much to ask, but hey they were similar!

..... another beer? Dont mind if I do..... cheers  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 11:19 PM by baldbmxer »

moomin

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 11:20 PM »

Hugh Porter might genuinely enjoy BMX racing, hell I genuinely enjoy Velodrome racing but wouldnt dream of trying to commentate on it.

They should have had some one in the know, someone who could watch the racing and commentate on the action without having to 'read the script'.

Willers was clearly gunning for Daudet into the final final turn..... They kind of missed that! Said Willers lost control or slid out or something lame. I guess a comparison to Shanaze's half hearted take out effort in the last turn at Bejing would have been a little to much to ask, but hey they were similar!

Can we have a Like button on Ras :-)

b45t4rd

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 07:15 AM »

All fair points, I think trying to cram it all in in half an hour was a problem.

I'm sure we'd all like 3 hours of HD/3D coverage but it's not going to happen on terrestrial TV, the coverage has to be dumbed down for the non BMX watchers.

As for the commentators, I'd have gone with Hugh and Dale or Jamie beside him, like on F1. Commentator to do the main bits, rider announcements etc, off the script as you say. Then use the rider to do the anaylsis of incidents/talking points, but with half an hour this would have been hard.  :-\
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 08:06 AM by vestan panceĀ© »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  worlds bbc coverage

gfxgfx
gfx gfx