gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 02:06 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  race completes help please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: race completes help please  (Read 2170 times)

medved

race completes help please
« on: September 21, 2012, 01:12 PM »
so the 2013 bikes are starting to surface now and there are some nice looking bikes out there.  they are getting pricey too.  I'm looking at possibly ditching the cruiser and just racing 20" instead and dont want to have the hassle of buying upgrades and replacing parts

any opinions on which bike is the best "race ready bike"  for UK tracks?

from what i can see the redline aluminium flight 2013 looks a good solid bet as always, but i wonder whether any of these compare:

Haro Blackout 2013
GT speed series 2013
Freeagent limo 2013
SE pk ripper elite 2013

they are all around the same price bracket but just wondered what 'those in the know' thought

ta

Stuart

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: race completes help please
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 02:42 PM »
 :) Looking for a new frame myself....If it was my choice I`d go for the GT (components are pretty good) or the Freeagent.I rode a 2013 GT last week and it was brilliant.Also had a Freeagent a while back and that was great too.The Haro looks pretty good and the PK Elite although nice seems  to me to be lacking a certain something....

All The Best,

James

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 03:04 PM »
Personally, I won't trust SE until until I see a lot of people racing them and the frames not breaking. I think the Redline might be the bike that you don't want/need to upgrade much on.

medved

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 06:01 PM »
Was the GT hub any good?  I noticed they are going for a freewheel rather than cassette hub???

kdubbmx

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 09:30 PM »
Ask Mike to do a custom build 'FTB' with his corporate buying power of components a custom build with way better parts than any of the others wont cost the earth.

Buying a complete bike then upgrading to dxr's and decent wheels etc when you realise its the way to go will cost more than buying an FTB fully specced in the first place.....  :Great_Britain:  :4_17_5:

geoffo

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 01:32 PM »
Has to be SE for me, period...

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 02:36 PM »
Has to be SE for me, period...

I won't be risking my neck on an SE until the new frames are proved to be better than the recent sh1te. Mine has just broken AGAIN, in a different place to last time.

geoffo

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 02:47 PM »
Gonna investigate jons claims here... he has me - a ill concerned  ???

medved

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 01:06 PM »
got myself an awsome FTB in the end.  pimped out with new bombshell wheels, supercross forks, renthal bars and DXRs too.  am glad i went down this route :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  race completes help please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx