gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 11:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  BMX Freestyle & Racing Pictures
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BMX Freestyle & Racing Pictures  (Read 466 times)

greentoad

BMX Freestyle & Racing Pictures
« on: July 11, 2006, 06:55 PM »
Hi all

We must have the best archive / picture history of Racing and Freestyle Worldwide here in the UK.  ;)

I have been thinking about this for a while now....and after being shown a few dozen great old pictures last week (and knowing that Mason Smith has 100's of old pictures), thought that I should shout out.

I'm sure that you'll agree (admin and members) that it would be great to have a seperate Topic / Section for "Racing & Freestyle Pictures".

We have so many pictures that have been put on the site over the years (from people Worldwide too), that now as the site has grown and more posts are added daily, you can miss all the pictures that have been put on within a couple of days.

They are then never scene again or you have to do a search, but it is impossible to search because you don't know what to search for.

For the people that take the time to scan then resize and also upload the pictures, I for one would be greatful to be able to view the pictures in their own section and know that I would see great pictures (freestyle and racing pictures ONLY, all others as normal in random, tech, freestyle or racing as appropriate).

I am sure that it would not be very hard to create (admin?) and as long as the Subject was labelled clearly it would be simple to use, and could cover all years (bitd to present) -

EG (Subject Titles) -

Milton Keynes August 2006
1984 Frazer/Cambell
Nationals 1985
Bob Haro 1984
Billy at Rom
Skaterham
Bones 2006
Tim March at ....

etc etc

Hope this makes sense....just think of all the great pictures that we have had on this site and the old Rad that we no longer see, the list is endless.................................

What you do you think?

J.

theRuler

Re: BMX Freestyle & Racing Pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 08:01 PM »
make sure they stay hosted though
not like the "oops your image is not there" shizznit

mail the pics to me and i will host them. forever.

good idea though

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 09:58 PM »
yep its a great idea j lets see what we can do mate......

Dave
haro, how do you do

greentoad

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 03:42 PM »
Hi all

I just thought of a couple more things, so have posted whilst I remember.

A simple but self explanatory title so people don't get muddled about what is in the section, how about -

Action Images

Another thing that I do is use different photobucket accounts. So, I have one with day to day pictures etc and another for images that I never want to remove. If others did this too, there would be less 'image unavailable' boxes.

Hope this helps.

J.

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 05:15 PM »
once olliver gets his arse in gear and gets back onto msn i will speak to him about it, but its easy enough for me to set up another forum section.

Dave
haro, how do you do

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  BMX Freestyle & Racing Pictures

gfxgfx
gfx gfx