gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 09:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Cruiser help....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cruiser help....  (Read 1777 times)

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • There's only one path to follow....
  • Rated:
Cruiser help....
« on: January 05, 2013, 08:39 PM »
Thinking of having a bash at racing again and after looking into it , 40+ cruiser.
Does anyone have any advice on bikes, ie what to avoid , what's good quality/ value etc? I've got a sin fetish 24 that I had from stidds which rides nice but seems quite short? What'd you reckon peeps.....
Cheers
H

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
Re: Cruiser help....
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 08:54 PM »
To be honest you'd struggle to find a bad race cruiser from the big manufacturers. If you were after a good value competitive complete with no need to change anything the Redline Proline cruiser might be a good bet. I'm really liking the new Haro Pro 24 just the short (for me) 175 cranks are the only downside on them. GT, GHP, Supercross, Dialled etc all make great cruiser frames.

Offline Munnyella

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 08:56 PM »
I reckon you should grow up...... ;)

Have a go on what you have, first few times you'll lose any way, if you like it, and you still want to play, get over to bmxtalk and buy a s/h 38 special, or a kuwi laserlite or a redline.

Don't buy new, wait until you get sponsored!!

If you only want to look at it, buy a retro floval, but they are shite to ride, and break if you know how.

Here endeth the lesson.....

MM

Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

xGoose

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 09:02 PM »
Thinking of having a bash at racing again and after looking into it , 40+ cruiser.
Does anyone have any advice on bikes, ie what to avoid , what's good quality/ value etc? I've got a sin fetish 24 that I had from stidds which rides nice but seems quite short? What'd you reckon peeps.....
Cheers
H

::)

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 09:33 PM »
I've got a Dialled cruiser in the shed, Not ridden it for a year now whilst I've been playing on a 20 inch Dialled. I might be tempted to part with it. But like Mark says Give it ago on what you have before jumping in at the deep end. Spend your money on protection :daumenhoch:

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • There's only one path to follow....
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 06:33 AM »
Cheers for the input lads......
Jon, I think your right mate about the completes, most look pretty good :daumenhoch:
Dan, Your just worried I'll take your' fastest in Norfamptun ' crown  :LolLolLolLol:
Marky boy, invaluable advice .... As you've seen from my highly polished freestyle skills ( smoothness, control, massive air & general 'no fear' attitude ???) I'm sure you'll agree , I'll be amazing at racing :LolLolLolLol:
I've sorted sponsorship already, I'll be racing for  ' Team Cellar Solutions'  , new team on the block but one to watch apparently :D
( cheers for the Ukais :daumenhoch: Spot on mate ;))
Gary, I know what you mean about spending it on protection, what with 2 daughters , one being a newborn....... I've given her indoors some cash to get some johnnies next time she's at the chemist..... Don't want any more mate :LolLolLolLol:
The sin is spec'd up pretty well , it just seems short for me so I'll get it out later and get my mechanic/ mentor (Dan) to have a butchers,See what he reckons......
Watch this space ....... This time next year Rodders, this time next year ;D

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 10:00 AM »
Chemist, Protection. Go the easy route

:LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Cruiser help....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx