gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 12:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Parts reference section?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Parts reference section?  (Read 17380 times)

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Parts reference section?
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2016, 03:02 PM »
I've just read all the posts in this thread to get idea about the issues that makes it difficult to have reference-section that really works. I'm not at all into the technical side of how a forum is or can be layed out. But out of interest I went to the simple machines-website in order to maybe find a feature that can be added to our current forum, without the need to recreate the whole thing.
I've found a feature named "SMF Mod Site". I will put the link below...
If I understood that correctly, this feature would allow to add a new board to the current forum page, that would act like a sub-forum page (sorry can't find any better words). Due to the huge range a refrence-section would have, something like a sub-forum could be a solution to avoid hundreds of child-boards. 
In a sub-forum environment it should be possible to at least have a reference-section that is devided into several topics such as all the different item like: stems, bars, brakes and so on. 

Before I expand my thoughts /or dream any further  :-[, maybe someone who's into the technical side could have a look at this feature and then could verify if this feature does what I think it does. ...as well as if it could be added to the current forum format.  :daumenhoch:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php'mod=1834

PS: In the description there's link to a forum site that is actually using this mod.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 07:23 PM by Andyboy77 »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Parts reference section?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx