gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 09:45 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Any Unannounced Newbie's On Here?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Any Unannounced Newbie's On Here?  (Read 46108 times)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: Any Unannounced Newbie's On Here?
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2014, 03:32 PM »
Hi just signed up, not so obvious how to dib parts in the ads do I need to do anything else before I can do this? Cheers

Yes mate, you need to obtain a site supporters tag in order to use the sales/wanted section.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,164954.msg1674791.html#new
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 03:40 PM by Retrodan72 »

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline lemusrey

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2014, 10:01 AM »
Just joined and trying to upload a pic?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2014, 10:07 AM »
You might need to resize the image so it's around 500mb  :daumenhoch:

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2014, 11:26 AM »
Just joined and trying to upload a pic?
You need to sign up to Photobucket to upload pics. It's not as tricky as it seems and it's free.   :daumenhoch:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,129378.0.html
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Jim E

• Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2014, 07:32 PM »
Hi dan. We exchanged comments earlier on FB. RADBMX is a great organisation with people contributing to its success for the love of bmx which most people will not dispute. Most criticism for the website sometimes get overlapped with its content which I think is confused with the mechanics. People who generally moan about this use a mobile device (me included). For people to say well if you can't be arsed to get lap top PC dont bother using it then I feel are wrong. More and more people are moving to mobile and laptop pc are very much like a landline telephone everyone needs one but get used rarely. I believe if a competitor develops a mobile equivalent the usage of your site will slowly slip away. While you have the market share and expertise in this field it has to be developed into the current requirements for a lot of your users. ie. An APP these aren't as detailed as the main site but are user friendly on a mobile device. This is only my opinion but get the feeling a lot of others feel the same but get involved in slagging the site in general.
I wish you all the best in the future.
Jim

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2014, 07:51 PM »
Hi dan. We exchanged comments earlier on FB. RADBMX is a great organisation with people contributing to its success for the love of bmx which most people will not dispute. Most criticism for the website sometimes get overlapped with its content which I think is confused with the mechanics. People who generally moan about this use a mobile device (me included). For people to say well if you can't be arsed to get lap top PC dont bother using it then I feel are wrong. More and more people are moving to mobile and laptop pc are very much like a landline telephone everyone needs one but get used rarely. I believe if a competitor develops a mobile equivalent the usage of your site will slowly slip away. While you have the market share and expertise in this field it has to be developed into the current requirements for a lot of your users. ie. An APP these aren't as detailed as the main site but are user friendly on a mobile device. This is only my opinion but get the feeling a lot of others feel the same but get involved in slagging the site in general.
Jim

Hi Jim, I hear you, but at the minute things are what they are. I have been a RAD member for over 6 years, but only really active for about 4. I have used a PC in the early years of me logging on, and an iPhone for the past 2 - I really can't see much difference other than screen size , obviously, and tapping out a message rather than typing. If anything, I prefer to use my phone, probably as I'm used to it now (I've no pc anymore), and it means I can log on at any time, anywhere.

I don't really think (as I'm a technophobe, and not clued up on apps etc) what benefits members will get if there was an app available. Maybe it's just me, but I like the standard forum layout and format, I don't like change.

I accept that we need to move forward, and cater for the crowd, this is why the FB is still being run (I very rarely use it myself). But there is so much that the FB page can't provide, that the forum can, tech stickies and bike reference for example.

Also, the forum occasionally gets highlighted as being quiet, so I/we try to do what we can to generate activity and keep the forum busy - this is where it all began after all. There are a lot of people without FB accounts that rely on RAD for their regular BMX fix.

I guess, it's a personal preference. Some like the simplicity of bring able to post and upload pics directly to FB (these posts and pics will be gone within hours), thus us just laziness IMHO, and some people prefer the community feel of a forum and being part of a Team.

Nobody's right, nobody's wrong, this is how things are, and will remain.

I'm glad you've registered and posted though Jim, enjoy your time here on  :radbmxsmilie:

Offline chrisgarbs

• Rated:
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2015, 07:01 PM »
Yes me. I'm kinda new to all of this and been into bmx's for about 3 months or so no. Last time I had a bmx when I was 14 im now 40. I had a pirahna and it was stolen. So I lost interest. 26 years on and I've got the bug again. I've seen that there is a bmx of the month comp. think I moght enter it with my first ever build from scratch. Just finished it so where do I enter the pics etc can you help. Thanks and look forward to using this site more often.  Chris.

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2015, 07:07 PM »
Yes me. I'm kinda new to all of this and been into bmx's for about 3 months or so no. Last time I had a bmx when I was 14 im now 40. I had a pirahna and it was stolen. So I lost interest. 26 years on and I've got the bug again. I've seen that there is a bmx of the month comp. think I moght enter it with my first ever build from scratch. Just finished it so where do I enter the pics etc can you help. Thanks and look forward to using this site more often.  Chris.
Here.  :daumenhoch:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,180436.0.html
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline stinkybeetle

• Rated:
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2015, 11:33 AM »
same here, i cant seem to post anything, theres no icon to post a new thread. and what does this mean "Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist."

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2015, 12:30 PM »
same here, i cant seem to post anything, theres no icon to post a new thread. and what does this mean "Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist."

Hi mate, when you go into a section on the forums at the top of the list of topics is a "start new topic" button. Unless you are trying to use the marketplace to buy or sell anything and then you need to be a site supporter :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2015, 07:34 PM »
whats a loopy  please ?  ;D

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2015, 07:43 PM »
Jim
i have an old samsung galaxy s3 and i can do everything i need to do on rad forum with google chrome .  :slayer:

Offline Hedsta

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2015, 09:32 PM »
Hello - registered a few weeks back but not had a propper chance to browse the forums.

Really looking forward to spending more time on here as just looking to start my first build.

I'm essnetially old school - usedto ride from about 82-85. My bikes at the timewere and Pro Star factory frame and forks which I later upgraded to Torker Pro X.

Ideally I'm looking to build a Pro X but have got me head around the reality that these are hard to come by.

Secondly I'd like to build a Mike Biff PK Ripper, white with blue decals, white Z-Rims etc as per Mike Buffs old Ripper before he cnaged to red and black colourway.

Thirdly a Kuwahara Nova or Redline MXii or Pro-Line.

All of the above with NOS parts or a near to as possible.

So thanks for having me and mentioned above looking forward to interacting with more of you guys soon..

Big ups to all the lifers and old school fiends..

Steve (Hedsta)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:34 PM by Hedsta »
Before Haro there was Torker. Don't let anyone tell you different..

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2015, 11:16 PM »
Hello - registered a few weeks back but not had a propper chance to browse the forums.

Really looking forward to spending more time on here as just looking to start my first build.

I'm essnetially old school - usedto ride from about 82-85. My bikes at the timewere and Pro Star factory frame and forks which I later upgraded to Torker Pro X.

Ideally I'm looking to build a Pro X but have got me head around the reality that these are hard to come by.

Secondly I'd like to build a Mike Biff PK Ripper, white with blue decals, white Z-Rims etc as per Mike Buffs old Ripper before he cnaged to red and black colourway.

Thirdly a Kuwahara Nova or Redline MXii or Pro-Line.

All of the above with NOS parts or a near to as possible.

So thanks for having me and mentioned above looking forward to interacting with more of you guys soon..

Big ups to all the lifers and old school fiends..

Steve (Hedsta)

:welcome  to RAD Steve , good to have you onboard  :daumenhoch:
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2015, 12:22 AM »
Hello , I'm new here and stumbled by this site by accident . Let me get this straight , you are all grown ass men who spend thousands of pounds on kids bikes ?

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2015, 01:19 AM »
Hello , I'm new here and stumbled by this site by accident . Let me get this straight , you are all grown ass men who spend thousands of pounds on kids bikes ?

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

We also ride them, but then you'll have forgotten how to do this by now Mike >:D :shocked: :2funny: :coolsmiley:
Still limping......

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2015, 07:13 AM »
Hopefully only another 6 months before the torn cartilage in my knee is fixed :(   Now that we are moved I can finally bust all my bikes out of storage and get cracking again . Weathers a lot better down here for sure so am hoping to get some riding done this summer

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2015, 08:58 PM »

some of us buy 20.7 s 21 s and pro sizes to but mostly kids bikes yes .  ;D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 09:19 PM by bobbbbsy »

Offline Richi

• Rated:
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2015, 09:25 PM »
Just want to say thanks for accepting me into a cool site bit about me like most of you had bmx in the 80s my local track was barnhurst done buckmoore/east way / Romford skatepark / grew up with Louis mears met Andy ruffle an Billy stupple still pop in to OT cycles few years ago started a build on a Redline 102b nearly completed it but due to ill health had to sell was gutted but just recently purchased my bike that I had when I was young many moons ago a mongoose and another which I'm finding hard to identify think it a MBk due to rear dropout not sure though but would like to say hi to all an will post pictures of this bike with no name Richi

Offline JP

• Rated:
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2015, 02:57 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm new to all this! Starting to re-live my youth, I've just brought an old Falcon Pro Mag Flyer and will be rebuilding it, any help would be greatly appreciated!

John aka newbie

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2015, 03:04 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm new to all this! Starting to re-live my youth, I've just brought an old Falcon Pro Mag Flyer and will be rebuilding it, any help would be greatly appreciated!

John aka newbie

Hi John, welcome to RAD.

Start a topic in tech and restoration with pics of your bike as it is, and what your plans are with it, if you've any questions about it, just ask, there's plenty of knowledge on here.

Also, look in the museum section on here under Falcon Pro, some builds done already may give you some inspiration.

Offline YK

• Rated:
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2015, 10:23 AM »
Hello all

I've just joined. Name is Yackub. Looking for a Haro Zippo and share discussions about BMXs

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2015, 10:39 AM »
Hello all

I've just joined. Name is Yackub. Looking for a Haro Zippo and share discussions about BMXs

Welcome in Yackub.

Have a mooch about all the different sections and get involved in the many various discussions. M

If you want to put a wanted ad up for your Haro, then you need to obtain a Site Supporters Tag for £10 per year, this will give you access to the marketplace section.

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2015, 11:00 AM »
How to obtain your SST, please follow the link:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,164954.0.html

Offline YK

• Rated:
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2015, 09:15 PM »
Thanks for the details I am now a Site Supporter

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Any Unannounced Newbie's On Here?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx