gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 12:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Bloody Facebook again! Selling on Rad at the same time as other places.. Rules?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bloody Facebook again! Selling on Rad at the same time as other places.. Rules?  (Read 5979 times)

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
Okay so this isn't an attack on poor old Paul ( Monkian ) but I think something needs to be clarified, discussed or clarified.
Paul seems a good egg and posted some magazines for sale.
I dibbed them but got a reply that they'd been sold 20 minutes previously on Facebook (  :2gunsfiring_v1: :tickedoff: :2gunsfiring_v1: )
As most of you know my feelings on that subject you can imagine I'm not best pleased.
Surely if people are selling stuff in various places it should have to be stated on their for sale threads in order to maintain transparency in their dealings.
Rad has always had a transparency in this respect to selling on here.
The dib dob rules have always worked but what happens if a seller is selling all over the shop?
What's the point of having a system of a seller can turn round and say .. Sorry mate it's gone.
I'm from the era when you had to have lightening skills to Dib the best parts and I have to admit that even though sales have dwindled I still get a thrill being first to claim said BMX goodies.
Rad rules for selling have been great for a long time and not needed any intervention.
I'm not being a fascist about where people sell but maybe I'd have been more decisive if I'd known these were for sale somewhere else.
My own fault but I just thought I'd raise the situation and see what thoughts people had over this?
Once again Paul... It's more about my disappointment than what you've done.
Ant
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Bloody Facebook!
 :rant:  rant definitely off!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
Sorry Ant 

I bought them on Facebook  :D

If you can't beat them .......... ya gota join'em matey  :LolLolLolLol: 

Paul's a great lad and actually let me have them at half price aswell ....... just to piss you off some more  >:D 

I am joking BTW  ;) , but Pauls a good lad and in fairness to him , he always post's his for sale stuff on here unlike a lot of people who go to Facebook straightaway  ;)
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

monkian

I don't think there's a rule where sale items are exclusive to the forum. If there is then it's my bad.

However as I mentioned Ant, I did have my sale items in this instance exclusively on the rad forum for a few days before I listed them on FB but you must have missed them.

For me this is more reason the sell on the rad FB group rather than having to go to other groups but I'll probably be shot down for that again lol😆

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
I think putting it on rad forxa day or so before linking to rad FB is more than reasonable Paul , sorry you didn't spot it Ant but think that's not unreasonable
Jono

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
I think putting it on rad forxa day or so before linking to rad FB is more than reasonable Paul , sorry you didn't spot it Ant but think that's not unreasonable

Ali you Joff and Paul are all Ofcourse correct ... It's my own fault ..  :nickswan:
Decided to make a brew before I dibbed.. :tickedoff:

It pains me but the need to join FB gets stronger by the day  :-[

I must resist..  :LolLolLolLol:

monkian

I didn't link to rad FB because of the URL issue I mentioned from tapatalk so I just posted on other FB selling groups.

Sorry it didn't work out this time Ant :/

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
I didn't link to rad FB because of the URL issue I mentioned from tapatalk so I just posted on other FB selling groups.

Sorry it didn't work out this time Ant :/

No worries mucka .. You win some, you lose some :daumenhoch: :)

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
How do you sell stuff on FB?

I presume there are no classifieds pages - do you list them on your own page, someone else's page, or another way.... And how do you know the buyer is legit, and how do they pay you..

Just interested...
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:

I presume there are no classifieds pages - do you list them on your own page, someone else's page, or another way.... And how do you know the buyer is legit, and how do they pay you..

Just interested...

That's the gamble!

I've dealt cold with people in America on FB and never had a problem. Mutual friends can be a bit of reassurance but generally I only buy/sell from people I know.
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:

Just interested...
it's very easy to sell on FB to be honest. As long as you're a member on the page, ( as most are setup to grant you access, as is the Rad FB page ), you list the item with description, price, and post your pictures. A single item sale will take you no more than a minute to post. Once you have posted to a single page, you can then share that post onto as many other pages as you wish.

The scope is huge  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
iThe scope is huge  :daumenhoch:
[/quote]

Yep but beware so is the opportunity to be ripped off I tend to deal with people I've had dealings with before there are plenty of scammers I got ripped off once , so deal with a select few
Jono

monkian

I've never had a problem buying or selling on there tbh. Have been messed about a bit (but that was by a Rad SST member so make of that what you will)!! If you're unsure about a seller, sending a bit extra and paying as goods will keep you safe or if people have history on the museum, ozbmx or provide their eBay user name you can check out their feedback. Lots of scare stories but I think in context of the amount of deals happening on there, the odds of being stitched up are probably about the same as here.

Ask questions, if you don't get the answers you want, then walk away. Simple.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:14 AM by monkian »

monkian

You can always check a sellers history within the group by searching under their name. This should bring up previous posts and deals. It's a good sign if their an active member of the group.

There's a trusted sellers group as well which a kind of group policing has come about. Details of scammers are posted on there as well.

Loads you can do to help stay safe😉

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Ant, you really don't know what you're missing, you need to register an account PRONTO!!

Today, on the FB page, there is a picture of a bike stand, in a box.  :slayer:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
interesting...

eBay fees take the P*ss ! Anything to avoid those is a bonus, I have always tried here first. I am planning a few sales very soon, full wrap Redline flights, NOS condition Torker 280x, Torker Pro T Bars, Oakley Grips etc... Just need to get my @rse in gear  :)
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
snooze ya lose
unfortunately

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:

Offline torkerdude180

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
That has always pissed me off a little, items for sale on multiple sites. Dib on 1, but sold on another. I'm all for selling as fast ass pos, but this is gona pee some folk off, yes. why not put items for sale on separate sites, for a certain amount of time,  but most of all .... On RAD 1st...😜
Ant get yourself on FB, job done....
THE TIGER

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Bloody Facebook again! Selling on Rad at the same time as other places.. Rules?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx