gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 08:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Do not get cross with me but...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Do not get cross with me but...  (Read 11818 times)

Offline benno

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Do not get cross with me but...
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2016, 04:25 PM »
Hi Peter and welcome to RAD my friend
As many have said I can assure you there are no cliques,
only members who have met up and made proper friends on the various
rides and of course MK , hence the natural progression to use real names .
My first meeting with other RAD members was at the BMX Worlds in cologne
back in 2012 , I was a relative newbie but just jumped in at the deep end and got
to make genuine friends with peeps on here which still results in the same group of lads
going on yearly holidays ever since then .
Just join in as much as poss and try and get yourself on a few rides and in no time at all
you'll have made great friends and will be on first name terms with many others
You are exactly what the forum needs to be honest , so get stuck in and enjoy your self
Much love Mike ( Benno ) 👍🏼
It comes out of the ground!

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2016, 04:47 PM »
Whereabouts in the country are you based Peter ??
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline oldscool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2016, 11:05 AM »
Every time I log in to  :radbmxsmilie: the piano stops playing and everyone turns around.
If in doubt flat out.

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2016, 07:51 PM »

Been a member for years but I still feel like a newbie in some ways. Only ever met a couple of members on here and never managed to get to an MK event. Got to know some of the regular users though.  :)

:radbmxsmilie:

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2016, 05:43 PM »
Hey Peter, I'm Steve BTW. Like many I've been on Rad for a good many years but still can't remember many members real names unless I've traded with them - I've only managed two MK meets in 8 years so that hasn't helped ... I keep having to look into my Messages history to check on real names but if I don't know it I'll use the avatar. It's part of the nature of Rad and when FB dies everybody will find there way back here and resort to code names. Personally I prefer the forum - there's more mutual respect here than on FB.

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2016, 08:24 PM »
Hi Peter, I'm Andy - sorry about having the longest user name on the forum. For those who aren't sure what it says due to there being no spaces it's:  dance to the drummers beat - Many people refer to me as DTTDB on here so they don't have to type the whole name out - I don't blame them either! I first joined  :radbmxsmilie: in 2009. I didn't post much at first, and I always wondered who everybody seemed to know each other even though they communicated via text in a forum. Everything changed when I decided to go on my first ride in August 2011. Within 20 minutes I had met a load of fantastic radsters - I could put their real names and faces to their usernames. This happened witth different people on the next ride, and so on. The annual MK weekend is another great place to get to know people. Stick with it - you'll get there. I've met some great friends through rad - something I never thought would happen when I signed up all those years ago. I was only trying to get some info on my bike!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Do not get cross with me but...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx