gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 16, 2024, 08:48 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Return to BMX
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Return to BMX  (Read 5735 times)

Offline vegaswylds

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Return to BMX
« on: January 14, 2017, 05:24 PM »
Hey there guys..... looking at returning to the scene after a 30 year absence and am thinking of doing it on NSR!! What are people recommendations for a 20" or a 24" Cruiser.

I really like the Redline Pro XL what do you guys think i should consider if wanting a Cruiser? Opinions, reviews and pics greatfully accepted lol

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: Return to BMX
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 08:09 PM »
The Redline pro 24 is a nice bike. Have a chat with the lads on bmxtalk, they'll point you in the right direction.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 11:56 PM »
Excellent! Am looking forward to sharing our new to NSR experiences through the year!! :daumenhoch:

I've read nothing but good things about the new school Redline race bikes. I know you're leaning more towards a cruiser but there's a decent-looking 20" Pro XL now on ebay:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291996661025?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If I was in the UK, I'd be after this! There was also a 20" Flight Pro XL mentioned over on BMXTalk. Keep us posted with progress!!
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Drawn

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 08:23 AM »
There are plenty of good brands out there aimed at more of a "starter" (lack of better vocabulary sorry).
Dk, Redline, GT and Haro. Just to name a few of the more common names, all have some really solid bikes that are good to race straight from the box. Many of those companies also do run the high end set ups, which is from memory what the Flight series is.
Then you also get other Brands like SE, Kuwahara and Chase . There are plenty of others out there, but that's a pretty solid chunk of the more common names you would find out there before going down the custom route.

Best thing I can recommend is, try both types out and see what you feel more comfortable on, which will lead to being more confidence.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 11:22 PM »
Hey vegas, any updates? Bought a bike, starting practising or even racing yet?? Let us know how you're getting on!
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Return to BMX

gfxgfx
gfx gfx