gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 03:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  GT fueler crank 2004 ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GT fueler crank 2004 ?  (Read 3292 times)

Offline Rolandrat

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
GT fueler crank 2004 ?
« on: June 29, 2017, 12:48 PM »
Any help would be appreciated I am trying to put the crank back together but the bearings has exploded and there is a metal case that was damaged and I had to cut it out, I have got it out and have not damaged the thread inside the frame. I am looking to replace the bearing and the bearing housing ? excuse the terminology here. Halfords would not tell me what I needed only that they were more than happy to relieve me of £65 to fix it I am sure it is an easy fit but need some help and pointing in the right direct where to get the parts from. it is a 2004 GT fueler I think army green frame. if anyone can help me please locate these as I would like to do it myself, i'm a bit like that if I do it then I know how to do it next time. I have all other parts it is just the outer housing and the bearing that have broken.

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: GT fueler crank 2004 ?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 02:35 PM »
Post some pics of said explosion and of what bits are broken.  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 03:47 PM »
Yes pics would be cool, from your description it's a euro bottom bracket  :daumenhoch:
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline VOIVOD

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 05:41 PM »
 :)T hink the 04 Fueler had a Truvativ crank...Either way Halfrauds are ripping you off.Try ebay or CRC for a new bottom bracket.
"Everything is a dildo.It just comes down to how brave you are."

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 06:28 PM »
If they are the truvativ cranks that it came with you'll need one of these, does it look like whats in there?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/truvativ-giga-pipe-team-sl-bb-isis/rp-prod13345?gs=1&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Chain+Reaction-UK-PLA-PLA-All-DT-SE-Shopping+QLB+Generic+Desktop&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid|sFLcjUl8F_dc|pcrid|161850070953|pkw||pmt||prd|115834UK

You'll need the 68/108mm if you go for it. Before you do, might be worth asking a local bike shop what they would charge to remove the old one and fit it, a BB from 2004 might not come out easily and they will have the right tools.
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  GT fueler crank 2004 ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx