gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 02:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  My £50 bargain...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My £50 bargain...  (Read 4009 times)

Offline Phantomx0_1

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
My £50 bargain...
« on: August 25, 2017, 04:26 PM »
Although used to ride bmx years ago and just turn 40. Been looking for a while to have another bike in the garage and fancied a BMX again. Things have changed...!, I was never that good on a BMX but when a chap at work said he wanted £50 for his ridden once GT Bk team I had to have to off him. Will give me something different to ride. Been out on it this afternoon and I'm very rusty but with practice it will come back I guess..... Looped out on a manual and landed on my back so the first crash is out of the way already!

Few pics of the bike.

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Re: My £50 bargain...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 04:36 PM »
Nice bike mate. New school is the way forward if you want to ride but a quick bit of avice you need to move the bars back so they are in line with your forks and it will be 100% more stable :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

Offline Phantomx0_1

• Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 04:50 PM »
Nice bike mate. New school is the way forward if you want to ride but a quick bit of avice you need to move the bars back so they are in line with your forks and it will be 100% more stable :daumenhoch:

I was think that as I was riding it and it was a question I was gonna ask. Thanks for the advice. :daumenhoch: I literally collected it today and went out for a quick spin...

Other question is the rear brake. Think it's just a cheapy oe fit one. Doesn't have much power although being new probably needs a bit of time for a tad of pad wear. If I don't get on with it any advice on rear brakes

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 05:32 PM »
Nice looking bike....can't go wrong for a nifty! Odyssey EVO II calipers work great in my experience  :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 08:59 PM »
No worries mate. Fit a new set of Odyssey sticky pads (brake pads) and trim them correctly first. They stick like $hit to a blanket and if that's not enough go on eBay for an Odyssey slick cable before you change the caliper. My rider runs these and they are the best tenner you will spend on your brake to give it some serious stopping power.

Keep your tyres pumped rock hard as well. Most oldschool riders returning to Bmx make the mistake of thinking 35-45psi is the norm but ramps need you at 85psi typically (assuming your tyres can take it - read the side walls)

Enjoy the practice and get yourself to a ramp night in the near future for some advice. Check out the members events section for dates :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 10:39 PM »
Awesome for £50  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 10:10 AM »
agreed  bargain  :daumenhoch:,

also don't be afraid to run your seatpost higher ,  if the post is big enough to do so ,  kids will look at you funny but your back will appreciate it  :daumenhoch: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Phantomx0_1

• Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 02:02 PM »
No worries mate. Fit a new set of Odyssey sticky pads (brake pads) and trim them correctly first. They stick like $hit to a blanket and if that's not enough go on eBay for an Odyssey slick cable before you change the caliper. My rider runs these and they are the best tenner you will spend on your brake to give it some serious stopping power.

Keep your tyres pumped rock hard as well. Most oldschool riders returning to Bmx make the mistake of thinking 35-45psi is the norm but ramps need you at 85psi typically (assuming your tyres can take it - read the side walls)

Enjoy the practice and get yourself to a ramp night in the near future for some advice. Check out the members events section for dates :daumenhoch:

Thanks. Sideways say 60psi. They feel rock hard at that! I'll look into the pads. Thanks

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  My £50 bargain...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx