gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 10:34 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Build advice!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Build advice!  (Read 6154 times)

Offline velocity

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Build advice!
« on: September 02, 2017, 03:57 PM »
Hi all,

i am thinking of a new build project. i have fallen in love with the Harry Main green fuel frame so am going with that. My question was that i wanted to build a bit of a Frankenstein bike and was thinking about black Skyway mag wheels??

Just thought i would get peoples opinion on mixing new and old school. the bike will really only be used for cruising so not too fussed about the strength of mags but am i going to get shot down in flames and outcast!??

Thanks in advance and be kind as its by first post!!! :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Build advice!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 09:42 PM »
Just my opinion but Tuffs have no place on a modern BMX, awful flexy crappy things  :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 11:34 PM »
Welcome to Rad! If you're just going to be using the bike for cruising around on then Skyways would be fine. Plus at the end of the day, it's your bike, so build it as you like with the parts you like. :daumenhoch:

Btw, you might want to think about moving this thread to "BMX Chat" or at the very least to the "New School Park, Street and Dirt" as you'll probably get more readers and replies there than here, which is for new school racing. PM the mods and they'll sort you out. :)
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline velocity

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 06:13 AM »
Welcome to Rad! If you're just going to be using the bike for cruising around on then Skyways would be fine. Plus at the end of the day, it's your bike, so build it as you like with the parts you like. :daumenhoch:

Btw, you might want to think about moving this thread to "BMX Chat" or at the very least to the "New School Park, Street and Dirt" as you'll probably get more readers and replies there than here, which is for new school racing. PM the mods and they'll sort you out. :)

Thanks!! if i figure out how to move the thread then i will or just repost in the other topics.

thanks again.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 07:26 AM »

Thanks!! if i figure out how to move the thread then i will or just repost in the other topics.

thanks again.

No worries! Good luck with the build and post up some pics when you're done! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Build advice!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx