gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 02:06 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Mushroom grips collection.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mushroom grips collection.  (Read 19758 times)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
Mushroom grips collection.
« on: December 16, 2018, 07:07 PM »
Cleaned  some of my mushrooms and one pair of sharp grips up this evening. Can't resist em😃  Anyone else collect grips?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 07:12 PM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
Re: Mushroom grips collection.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 07:09 PM »
This is awesome mate.. so frickin’ cool! Love it!  :4_17_5:
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline tfi_friday

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 07:19 PM »
Had a similar bubble font A’me collection:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 07:29 PM »
This is awesome mate.. so frickin’ cool! Love it!  :4_17_5:
Thanks, spent an hour wiping then down, not much else to do on a dark rainy winters evening😃
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 07:30 PM »
Had a similar bubble font A’me collection:

Very nice collection. Some wicked colours.

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 07:51 PM »
Both amazing collections there!

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 08:00 PM »
Only got the one pair  ;)

Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 09:19 PM »
Wicked collections both of them  explosion
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 07:46 PM »
Great photo's of collections  :daumenhoch:

Offline PHIL9HUF

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 01:01 AM »
Brilliant  :daumenhoch:
Have mushies on my all my bikes  :daumenhoch:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2021, 09:35 PM »
Cleaned  some of my mushrooms and one pair of sharp grips up this evening. Can't resist em😃  Anyone else collect grips?
Latest collection of my mushroom grips.  Looking all clean and fresh👊🏻

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2021, 10:38 PM »
Most of my Sharp collection....i have more now!!

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2021, 07:33 PM »

Nice collection Damo , Sharp stuff is getting hard to find these days, love the White Sharps, grips and  blue lever covers👊🏻

White Sharps, grips and blue lever covers, impossible to find these days.👊🏻
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 07:35 PM by SDF »

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2021, 10:02 PM »
i have the lever grips in all but yellow and white i think now....the grips are the hardest to find! i still need blue, lavender and orange. i  searched for 5 or 6 years for the white grips then 2 pairs came practically at once!! i tried peroxiding them butthey kept going yellow so ended up painting them with rubber paint, you can't even tell!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2021, 11:07 PM »
Great bit of gripage   explosion

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2021, 05:24 AM »
i have the lever grips in all but yellow and white i think now....the grips are the hardest to find! i still need blue, lavender and orange. i  searched for 5 or 6 years for the white grips then 2 pairs came practically at once!! i tried peroxiding them butthey kept going yellow so ended up painting them with rubber paint, you can't even tell!!  :daumenhoch:
I purchased some yellow sharp lever covers , a couple of years ago. Did the usual and dropped them on hot water before fitting.

Was gutted as a week later they had split open🥲 Good idea on the rubber paint, I will try some on the ends of a pair of white mushies.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2021, 06:47 PM »
Latest collection of my mushroom grips.  Looking all clean and fresh👊🏻

Forget buying Christmas presents. Bagged some more Mushrooms explosion

« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 08:09 AM by SDF »

Offline Smogmonster

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2022, 09:24 PM »
Are all the old 1980's mushroom grips the super soft ones as from memory some where hard and gave blisters.
Seen some on eBay in long box so not sure what's soft or not.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2022, 10:42 AM »
Are all the old 1980's mushroom grips the super soft ones as from memory some where hard and gave blisters.
The FUAN ones were not the best. All ODI grips are nice and soft👊🏻👊🏻

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2023, 03:39 PM »
More Mushrooms landed.

SDF

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2023, 10:22 PM »
 :smitten: :smitten: Always love see pictures of this collection.

You managed to find a partner for that orphan orange one yet? I'm keeping an eye out for one, for you on the QT.

I'm still (also) searching for boxed green & boxed white, to complete my little collection. Not as grand as yours, I'm just trying to complete a 'one of each colour' effort of the 1st gen's. Will then have a (picture) frame commissioned similar to yours.
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2023, 05:03 PM »
:smitten: :smitten: Always love see pictures of this collection.

You managed to find a partner for that orphan orange one yet? I'm keeping an eye out for one, for you on the QT.

I'm still (also) searching for boxed green & boxed white, to complete my little collection. Not as grand as yours, I'm just trying to complete a 'one of each colour' effort of the 1st gen's. Will then have a (picture) frame commissioned similar to yours.

Still searching👍 Thanks for keeping em peeled for me.  We've got the bug. I absolutely love mushrooms , best grips ever for me. Good luck with your search, I've got boxed white, but they are fitted to my Vincent, got green nuggets, but I'm also still searching for green.  Steve.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2023, 01:24 PM »
Awesome stuff you lot, great collections! I have many Mushroom grips, in the boxes, many of them early serials too for the limited edition ones. I just cannot part with them, I love em!  :smitten:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2023, 07:05 PM »
Awesome stuff you lot, great collections! I have many Mushroom grips, in the boxes, many of them early serials too for the limited edition ones. I just cannot part with them, I love em!  :smitten:
Would love to see pictures of them. One of my most relaxing events is baby wiping my mushrooms  down with a few tunes on and a beer. Got to keep them clean and fresh.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2023, 04:22 PM »
The FUAN ones were not the best. All ODI grips are nice and soft👊🏻👊🏻

Aye. The knock offs were shite. Horrible.

The ODIs don't last long but whilst they do they are heavenly.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Mushroom grips collection.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx