gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 10:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Freestyle 280X.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Freestyle 280X.  (Read 23017 times)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
Freestyle 280X.
« on: February 03, 2019, 09:22 AM »
Working  on my   Torker yesterday  added a nice set of green Mx 900's. The bike was found in a dilapidated shed about ten years ago and built up with cheap low grade 90's parts. Another long-term project 97% finished… Tuffs,Haro tyres and brakes were my last three big purchases, the Pro neck stem as at the coaters and will be fitted very soon. Pro Neck. Now fitted, plus just upgraded the chain wheel and chain wheel bolts today. Sharp grip set up next.

• 1983 Torker 280X in original chrome finish.
• Haro  gen1 re-release forks.
• UK Skyway tuff wheels.
• 80's Haro pegs,
• Haro freestyle tyres.
• Diacompe MX900 brakes
• Diacompe cables.
• Diacompe tech 4 levers.
• Skyway tuff pads.
• Sharp lever covers.
• Sharp bottom bracket boot.
• Haro thunderbolt covers.
• Skyway EZbars.
• Ame grips.
• Flite donuts.
• Pacific palms stem pad.
• Mirage plate.
• Pro Neck stem.
• Jam buttie seat clamp.
• Odyssey layback seat post.
• Dominator seat.
• Victor DX pedals.
• Sugino spider.
• Sugino chain wheel.
• SR 1 piece crank.
•  Tioga chain ring bolts
• KMC chain.
• Tioga rear  freestyle brake guard..
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 06:51 AM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: Freestyle 280X.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 09:36 AM »
 explosion

That is quality, a nice twist on a classic Torker frame. This is what the 80’s was about, mixing it up with the parts you had.

Great build.  :coolsmiley:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 09:56 AM »
Nice to see you doing your take on it. I love the classic Torker look, but as Dan said, this is exactly how we would have done it in the 80’s  :)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 10:56 AM »
Nice to see you doing your take on it. I love the classic Torker look, but as Dan said, this is exactly how we would have done it in the 80’s  :)
Quote from: dancetothedrummersbeat on February 03, 2019, 09:56 AM
cheers gents, I rode a Torker in the 1980's and it was  originally - chrome frame ,black tuffs, black comp threes with red accessories , but as I got into freestyle the bike slowly changed, pots mod, pegs, grip tape,  coaster tuffs and lots of coloured parts. I still have the Frame and forks ( now white) and few remaining parts .  Here's I pic of my Original Torker with its now upgraded  green bro in the summer, the only change  on the original White  Torker since this pic is I have upgraded the 901's to lavender radberry Mx 900's.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 12:38 PM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

griff

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 11:17 AM »
Looks great  :daumenhoch:

Only thing I'm not keen on is the placement of the stem pad/cable routing - if you're gonna run freestyle bars seems counter-intuitive to run the cable like that so you'd never be able to use them?

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 01:03 PM »

Only thing I'm not keen on is the placement of the stem pad/cable routing - if you're gonna run freestyle bars seems counter-intuitive to run the cable like that so you'd never be able to use them?
True, it’s placed there as the stem fitted is too big to fit the pad. As soon as my restored  pro neck stem is back from the coaters, I will get on the case and rectify it.

griff

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 04:43 PM »

True, it’s placed there as the stem fitted is too big to fit the pad. As soon as my restored  pro neck stem is back from the coaters, I will get on the case and rectify it.

:4_17_5:

Online deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 01:15 AM »
Love both of these Steve...i have a pair of green sharp XC grips for sale if any use ?  :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 04:54 AM »
Love both of these Steve...i have a pair of green sharp XC grips for sale if any use ?  :daumenhoch:
Many thanks for the offer Damo, but I am like you on the Sharp stuff , a bit of a collector of the grips , bottom bracket boots and lever covers and have a couple of pairs in green, You are right the green grips would go great on my Torker I will whip the Ames off and add Sharps the weekend.

Steve.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 07:57 PM by SDF »

Offline Mongo4130

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 11:30 PM »
Looking very nice Steve 👍

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 07:56 PM »
Both those Torkers look great  :)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 08:00 PM »
Both those Torkers look great  :)
Many thanks, been working on them for years, up grading as the right parts come along. Just added some mint radberry Mx 900's to my white Torker.

SDF.

Offline Mongo4130

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 10:34 PM »
 fistblump

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2020, 05:46 PM »

New restored Pro Neck finally fitted.

griff

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2020, 09:25 AM »

New restored Pro Neck finally fitted.

Equilibrium restored :teef:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2020, 06:44 AM »
Finally fitted the Sharp grip set up Damo.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 06:46 AM by SDF »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Freestyle 280X.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx