gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 12:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Introduction & Torker 280 Restoration
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Introduction & Torker 280 Restoration  (Read 5485 times)

Offline TORKERbill

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Introduction & Torker 280 Restoration
« on: April 07, 2020, 07:05 AM »
Hey all,
I found this forum and many others while restoring my old Torker 280.  I live in Melbourne, Australia.  I got my Torker in 1986 and it went everywhere with me back in the day...  another amazing thing happened in 1986 - RAD was released, and the rest is history!!! 
What a time to be out riding with friends and just adventuring (as we called it)! We rode and tricked our way through our suburb! and like most of you we only went in at night when our parents called us to dinner... 
Viewing a bunch of forums and sites regarding BMX and its history and impact on us + build and restoration pics and videos, has shown me what really is important and truly valuable!  The good times we had as kids and are now reliving were simple - we rode bikes and we had fun! The *ooked up world and all its *ooking madness was in the back seat nowhere to be seen.  So my restoration included my 3 kids helping me.  I have shown them the importance of fixing things and the value of hard work! so a MASSIVE SHOUTOUT to all people who have posted info, made videos/tutorials and even just shared their personal experiences with BMX's which has enabled me to restore my boyhood dream - my TORKER!  So today I come out of the lurkers closet finally ;)  to share afew pics and hopefully get some info regarding my bmx...  In the last 6 months I have been unable to find a Torker like mine! So i am hoping someone might know some info about my Torker 280.  A big THANKS to the people who RUN this FORUM!!!  :radbmxsmilie:  :4_17_5: and thanks for taking the time to read  :coolsmiley:
ps.  I would also like to post some build pics and info re the build, If someone could point me to the right section to post I would be very thankful.
Stay safe all!
Bill

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Introduction & Torker 280 Restoration
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 07:57 AM »
You've done a really sweet restoration there mate. Love the colour.
Get your photos up in the Tech & Restoration section.

Offline TORKERbill

• Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 08:13 AM »

Thanks hotdog! much appreciated mate !!!
It truly was a labor of love!  THE GREEN !!!!! yeah mate I fell in love with it when my dad took me to buy my birthday present in 1986!
there was a green Torker 280 (mine) and a purple Torker 360.  Thanks for the info where I can post my pics!
Stay safe hotdog
Bill

In2bmx

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 08:35 AM »
 :welcome to  :radbmxsmilie: Bill  :daumenhoch:

Nice looking Torker  :coolsmiley:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 09:18 AM »
Wicked  looking Torker, love the green and white  colour code. Love Torkers.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 09:20 AM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline TORKERbill

• Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 09:31 AM »
:welcome to  :radbmxsmilie: Bill  :daumenhoch:

Nice looking Torker  :coolsmiley:

A BIG THANKS for the Welcome in2bmx  8)

Offline TORKERbill

• Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 09:34 AM »
Wicked  looking Torker, love the green and white  colour code. Love Torkers.

Thanks SDF.  Yeah I love the ORIGINAL color scheme!  I have tried to keep the bike as original as can be...

Offline dannyb

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 09:56 AM »
 :welcome

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 07:08 PM »
Love the colour too  :)

:welcome to  :radbmxsmilie: :daumenhoch:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2020, 07:15 PM »
Welcome to  :radbmxsmilie: mate.

Nice ride  :daumenhoch:

As hotdog said - post your resto pictures / story in a thread in the "Tech & Restoration" section - look forward to seeing it  ;)

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline TORKERbill

• Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2020, 11:46 PM »

Offline TORKERbill

• Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2020, 11:48 PM »
Love the colour too  :)

:welcome to  :radbmxsmilie: :daumenhoch:

Thanks BMX1973 ! 

Offline TORKERbill

• Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2020, 11:52 PM »
Welcome to  :radbmxsmilie: mate.

Nice ride  :daumenhoch:

As hotdog said - post your resto pictures / story in a thread in the "Tech & Restoration" section - look forward to seeing it  ;)

Thanks for the welcome bobafett!  yeah I will post some pics and info soon  :daumenhoch: 

Thanks again to all who have had a look and THANKS to all for the WELCOMES !!!  8)

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 12:03 AM »
I'm not into Torkers, although I like them. I like that shade of green yours has.  :daumenhoch:

...and  :welcome to  :radbmxsmilie: Bill.  :)

Offline TORKERbill

• Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2020, 01:14 AM »
I'm not into Torkers, although I like them. I like that shade of green yours has.  :daumenhoch:

Thanks for the welcome to  :radbmxsmilie: Andyboy greatly appreciated mate!!!  The colour from day 1 (1986 NOV) just hit me when I first saw it in our local bike shop in Footscray.  I just couldn't get over how amazing it looked on the shop floor!   "wantit"

The shop sadly only recently closed... :tumbleweed: :'(    (please remove post if links are not allowed)
https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/i-ll-cry-all-day-beloved-footscray-bike-shop-at-end-of-life-cycle-20190526-p51rb1.html

To Trevor and Geoff Hope - I would like to thank YOU BOTH (and your late father Ted) and all involved in providing such an amazing service to the community for so many years!  I still tell my kids how awesome it was to go to your store 'TED THE TOYMAN' in Footscray...

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2020, 01:18 AM »

Thanks for the welcome to  :radbmxsmilie: Andyboy greatly appreciated mate!!!  The colour from day 1 (1986 NOV) just hit me when I first saw it in our local bike shop in Footscray.  I just couldn't get over how amazing it looked on the shop floor!   "wantit"

The shop sadly only recently closed... :tumbleweed: :'(    (please remove post if links are not allowed)
https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/i-ll-cry-all-day-beloved-footscray-bike-shop-at-end-of-life-cycle-20190526-p51rb1.html

To Trevor and Geoff Hope - I would like to thank YOU BOTH (and your late father Ted) and all involved in providing such an amazing service to the community for so many years!  I still tell my kids how awesome it was to go to your store 'TED THE TOYMAN' in Footscray...

Ahh, that kind of answer my next question if the other bikes in the back are also part of your collection.

Offline TORKERbill

• Rated:
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2020, 04:12 AM »

Ahh, that kind of answer my next question if the other bikes in the back are also part of your collection.

I wish the bikes were mine Andyboy77   ;) ^"^ The bikes in the background are at the shop front of OLD SCHOOL BMX here in Melbourne https://www.oldschoolbmx.com.au/
An actual BMX store where you can actually walk into!!!! and BUY ALL YOU NEED!  Please excuse the shameless half plug, but I did purchase almost everything I needed for my restoration from them! They also advised me along the way how to tackle the resto!  "help"
So I do want to say a BIG THANKS to the TEAM from OLD SCHOOL BMX who have helped restore my dream bike!!! Mark, Dave, Darren and Rose and everyone else THANKS for all your help the last few months!  I am now going to go for a ride with my kids!!!  :smitten: and my BMX  :daumenhoch: 
stay safe all
Bill

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2020, 05:06 PM »
Welcome to Rad.  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Introduction & Torker 280 Restoration