gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 02:01 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Has anyone here ever thought................
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Has anyone here ever thought................  (Read 2720 times)

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Has anyone here ever thought................
« on: January 02, 2021, 01:31 AM »
That trying to make yourself happy by buying things....whether it be bike parts, clothes, a new car is like trying to satisfy your hunger by stapling sandwiches to your body????! just a thought for the New Year........... :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Re: Has anyone here ever thought................
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 01:42 AM »
I'm the opposite,  I love to get rid of stuff that's not being used, then a few weeks later regret it  :LolLolLolLol:
Still limping......

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 03:07 AM »
I'm the opposite,  I love to get rid of stuff that's not being used, then a few weeks later regret it  :LolLolLolLol:

Gone that too many times Spen! The Skyline GTR i sold for 5k 10 yrs ago is probably worth 30k now!!! that is not the only example i could give!!  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 09:36 PM by deeman »

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 06:43 AM »
That trying to make yourself happy by buying things....whether it be bike parts, clothes, a new car is like trying to satisfy your hunger by stapling sandwiches to your body????! just a thought for the New Year........... :daumenhoch:
I find the more  you  buy and own the more miserable you get. I was happiest when on my Yts earning 26 pounds per week.
What makes me happy now is keeping  myself in good health. 👊🏻
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 09:45 PM »
I find the more  you  buy and own the more miserable you get. I was happiest when on my Yts earning 26 pounds per week.
What makes me happy now is keeping  myself in good health. 👊🏻

Hell yea mate, health is more important than anything. If you don't have that you can't enjoy anything.
Half of it is in the mind....just got to believe it.....
Everything is a balance, i go to great efforts to make sure i have proper nutrition believing it will outweigh the other things i do which my not be the best thing for my health!!
You think you are invincible in your teens and twenties! Then find out in your forties you definitely are not and that half the decisions you made in your twenties don't necessarily affect you then but come back to bite you!!
Mental and physical health are obviously infinitely connected, contentment and happiness is more important than anything ....it's how we find that that counts and age and wisdom teaches you that it is certainly not achieved by anything you can 'buy'!!! :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 12:03 PM »
As above  :daumenhoch: I need to look after myself but I don't do a great job of it but fully agree its the satisfaction of the hunt and paying the price you were happy to pay that brings the warms the cockles, lol

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Has anyone here ever thought................

gfxgfx
gfx gfx