gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 16, 2024, 09:52 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Tioga seat posts chrome under paint ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tioga seat posts chrome under paint ?  (Read 3103 times)

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
Tioga seat posts chrome under paint ?
« on: February 01, 2021, 09:45 PM »
Hi guys,
Can any of you confirm if all Tioga braced seat posts are chrome under the paint ? I found an old listing on the museum and that is what the seller claimed. Any truth in that ?

Here's the listing from about 4 years ago

https://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/253813

Thanks

Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Tioga seat posts chrome under paint ?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 03:01 PM »
I have taken the plunge and bought a cheapish 15 inch straight braced post with bad paint. I will update you if I decide to strip it. It is going on a rider/survivor build so might not have to. I might do a little test scrape out of curiosity though.

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 04:10 PM »
I have taken the plunge and bought a cheapish 15 inch straight braced post with bad paint. I will update you if I decide to strip it. It is going on a rider/survivor build so might not have to. I might do a little test scrape out of curiosity though.

A replacement for one of those snake posts?!! have a scrape below the line, if it looks good strip it!!  :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 05:21 PM »

A replacement for one of those snake posts?!! have a scrape below the line, if it looks good strip it!!  :daumenhoch:

:LolLolLolLol:

Nope, this is for the Freemaster Formule Pro frame set and bars I bought recently. They came with straight posts so that's what's going on her.
To strip is the plan but if it looks ok on the bike, just a scrape to answer the question.

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 07:20 AM »
No they don't , I bought 2 from rude wheels in 2007 I had them painted different colours. There was no chrome underneath on either.
Ps don't tell anyone please  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 09:17 AM »
Nice one, that's good to know. It's definitely going on as is now. Talking of colour change (mum's the word), the one I have bought is green but there is loads of paint loss and that has exposed a lilac finish underneath.
Thanks for your reply Glynn.
 fistblump
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 09:22 AM by Chilli Rinse »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Tioga seat posts chrome under paint ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx