gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 02:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone still got the bike that they rode Freestyle on from back in the 80's?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone still got the bike that they rode Freestyle on from back in the 80's?  (Read 4173 times)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
Still got a three of mine, this was me on my Torker in 84, looks a bit different now, as it was stolen and located ten years later minus wheels etcetera.😀 I will post pics of me riding the other two back in the day and how the look now over the weekend. Keep it real say no to Facebook🥾
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 11:44 AM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Still got this from '85. I freshened her up a bit last year by swapping white for black on the tyres,seat & grips.
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
That's in lovely original condition, did you mothball it for some time?
Steve.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 03:32 PM by SDF »

Offline Gra_goose

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Not 80's but got these two I used to ride in the 90's right up to the late 00's.
1993 Hoffman Condor and 1993 Hoffman Big Daddy. Both have undergone a refresh taking them back to more or less catalog specs.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
Not 80's but got these two I used to ride in the 90's right up to the late 00's.
1993 Hoffman Condor and 1993 Hoffman Big Daddy. Both have undergone a refresh taking them back to more or less catalog specs.
Two beauties there. They have stayed in really nice condition. I rode a Bully in the early 1990's , but wished I?d have bought a Condor instead.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • I left it in the garden......
  • Rated:
I don't have mine any more....long story, I left it behind when I sold my first house back in 2000.

I did find it though....

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,119868.msg1158607.html#msg1158607

but it had already been sold on....
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 09:02 AM by McQUEEN »
When I was born, the world was a far simpler place.
It was all just cops and robbers.
And BMX.

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
" That's in lovely original condition, did you mothball it for some time?
Steve."
Modify message

No I just looked after it. Being 20 years old in 1985 I was old enough to know the value of things and not to abuse them.

Offline Quadog

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Had this from around 85 didnt look like this though was painted royal blue had white zeds and vector bars think it even had folding motorbike pegs on forks at some point that weighed more than the frame   ;D ;D

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Not my actual bike from the 80's but a near as dammit replica using parts i would have liked to have used back then but couldn't afford, i sold the original (which i believe was a prototype) for ?75 in 1988 to buy a new skateboard deck... :uglystupid2: "nono"

« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 01:10 PM by deeman »
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
I don't have mine any more....long story, I left it behind when I sold my first house back in 2000.

I did find it though....

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,119868.msg1158607.html#msg1158607

but it had already been sold on....
Cool pics, did similar in 2000. My parents were moving house, and called me as they were clearing the shed of all the rubbish, I threw in the skip four pairs of Tuffs a Skyway Ta frame and forks, a set of Vincent forks a pair of  white Mike buff z rims& some St tyres.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 06:01 AM by SDF »

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
Not my actual bike from the 80's but a near as dammit replica using parts i would have liked to have used back then but couldn't afford, i sold the original (which i believe was a prototype) for ?75 in 1988 to buy a new skateboard deck... :uglystupid2: "nono"

That's a cracking looking freestyler. Love the frame design.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
This is my Vincent in 86, third  pic is how it stands today, Vincent restored my frame about seven years ago, sadly the forks went in the skip in year 2000🥲 the frame just about scraped being skipped as well 😃
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 02:51 PM by SDF »

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:

That's a cracking looking freestyler. Love the frame design.

It's still not what i would call finished 8 years on!! i split it once, bought the frameset back and built it all up again! i will never sell it now!! Will have some better pics soon with new bars and gold hubs in the front wheel soon with any luck  :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
bought my boss freestyler frame from custom riders in '88 for ?100 -took ages to save up as was on a YTS program at the time on ?28,50 a week  ;D
had been handed down for my son and then nephew to use  "nono"
restored to its former glory now  8)

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Great bikes chaps  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone still got the bike that they rode Freestyle on from back in the 80's?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx