gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 24, 2024, 05:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  My Girlie Did it Again!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My Girlie Did it Again!  (Read 4360 times)

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
My Girlie Did it Again!
« on: June 30, 2021, 09:35 PM »
Hi guys,

long time no check-in. Mad couple of months. About 6 wks ago bought a new car, got distracted falling in love with driving again then shipped off up north with work for 6 wks to run a large test programme, so BMX, forum, etc. all on hold for a little while.

The Changa is still progressing, but really slowly. Get home for 36 hrs most weekends but in-between the 7hrs each way of travel and wanting to see/spend time with the family everything's slowed massively. I'll have a Changa update in a few weeks, when back home full-time and it will be an interesting one but wanted to post and say "hi" anyways.

So, what's my better-half been up to. Well had a long weekend home this weekend past as it was my 50th. And the good lady did it again .... made a 50th year old feel like an 11 year old all over again, just when I thought it wasn't possible. So, what am I on about, well woke on Monday morning to this:

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Honestly, I wasn't expected the feeling again, that Christmas/b-day morning of seeing the presents and caring to only want to open one of them. Well can you guess which one....

Yep, and here's what was inside:

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

A 1980 JMC Black Shadow frame.

Long story to this one. Back in the dark depths of no one giving a fick about old BMX's, around 2001-2003 I was picking bits up off of eBay for a song. around this time I actually bought this little puppy, from the States (for <<$100) but the guy wouldn't post to the UK. Not a problem I have a father-in-law in Key West. A quick chat and it was all arranged, the seller would post to the father-in-law who would in turn post on to me. Except I failed to calculate my father-in-law is/was useless at that sort of stuff. So, after about 5 years of "where's my frame?" I forgot about it. So, fast fwd the best part of another 15 years and Amber (unbeknown to me) has spent approximately the last 6 months badgering her father to go out to his garage, find the blooming thing, get the stuck seat post removed, and have it shipped over. What a woman! Man I'm lucky.

Trouble is, it means the next project has begun. Yep, Changa not finished and I'm already searching JMC forks, FAB bars,....

And the frame's not hassle free either, I need to find someone for a head tube-down tube weld repair, and for taking a dent out of (and possibly straightening) the left chain stay. But hell it'll be one heck of a build when done. Though I'm in no rush so it will definitely be a slow build.

Also, anyone notice the Beano, yep, the issue from the week I was born. Damn good day in the end.

So, lots more I probably should be posting, sorry to drop off the RAD radar guys, but I'll be back soon.

Keep safe guys  :bow: :smitten: :bow: :radbmxsmilie:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 03:03 PM by Picklez »
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: My Girlie Did it Again!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 07:27 AM »
Super-  8)

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 10:20 AM »
What a great Lady you got there fella  :4_17_5:,I will follow this build with interest  :daumenhoch:

PS...Happy belated Birthday wishes too! welcome to the club lol  ;) :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 10:55 AM »
Brilliant stuff mate! & welcome to the 50s Club! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 01:36 PM »
She's definitely a keeper, happy 50th  fistblump
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline MrD

• Curb Endo
  • Old enough to know better young enough not 2 care
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 06:22 PM »
 fistblump

As Chubby says...She's definitely a keeper - And the Missus! :)
After 80's Hutch pedal 9/16" spindles Only . Just really need the Right but i'll happily have both :-)

Online bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2021, 12:10 PM »
Fantastic ! explosion

All the best Pete  fistblump 8)

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2021, 08:52 AM »
Very nice of her.  :4_17_5:

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2021, 02:05 AM »
Another top class build incoming i suspect!
What car did you buy dude??! i am curious! cars are by far my main passion!  :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2021, 11:27 PM »
What a diamond 💎 great story, great frame  :popcorn:

Belated Happy Birthday Pete  :slayer:
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2021, 12:30 AM »
Aww lovely story man !

Let me guess on the Beano. 60s? I had the 1966 world cup one when I was a kid and the logo was the same.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  My Girlie Did it Again!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx