gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975499 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 05:54 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone still buying bmx bikes/parts etc
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone still buying bmx bikes/parts etc  (Read 6996 times)

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Anyone still buying bmx bikes/parts etc
« on: October 05, 2021, 06:03 PM »
So is anyone still buying parts or bikes? I know its dead on here in that respect and I don't do any social media to see and ebay is full of muppets and crooks! So where do you buy or sell? asking as I'm probably going to shift all the stuff I've accumalated over the years and just keep one or two completes  :daumenhoch:

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Anyone still buying bmx bikes/parts etc
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 09:33 PM »
I'm buying bits here and there ... nothing like what i used to.  I'm on FB too and i don't really see a lot for sale there.  Most stuff i pick up on ebay or bmxmuseum.
If I had some stuff to sell i recon i'd put it up on here... anything decent and priced sensibly would still sell here and you wont have to deal with the drongos on facebook/ebay.
 :daumenhoch:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 10:01 PM »
^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Agreed, I'm in the same boat as Wildon, minus the FB, can't stand it.
Most of my purchases are from eBay and occasionally the museum too. Snagged the odd part on here. It's a shame the for sale section on here isn't busier.
Give us a go  :LolLolLolLol:
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 10:49 PM »
I buy the odd bit here and there.  Not much though.  The Mrs hasn't earned any money in 2 years so I am being a bit careful until thing turn around.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 10:01 AM »
I'm buying bits here and there ... nothing like what i used to.  I'm on FB too and i don't really see a lot for sale there.  Most stuff i pick up on ebay or bmxmuseum.
If I had some stuff to sell i recon i'd put it up on here... anything decent and priced sensibly would still sell here and you wont have to deal with the drongos on facebook/ebay.
 :daumenhoch:

I'm the same, stashing a couple of bits here and there, as I still intend to build at least 5 more bikes before I give this up... or will it ever end  :D :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 02:23 PM »
Sold everything, what I didn't sell I chucked on the tip, not made a BMX purchase in over 3 years and together with lockdown, my bank account has never looked so healthy.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 06:50 PM »
Not bought anything oldschool for years now, I built a mewschool retro GT Performer at the beginning of lockdown. It didn't ride as well as my Wethepeople Versus so I bought another beat up one from Gumtree and sold the fancy Retro thing and I'm back to riding again  :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2021, 09:59 PM »
I haven't touched anything bmx for years now. Everything went but I still missed tinkering so I moved on to 80's & early 90's mtb's. I like project so converted them to either single speed or klunker style with drum brakes. Also ditched suspension forks for rigids. Another positive is that I actually fit on these unlike bmx's

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 07:03 PM »
Still in the game, and will never stop. It's a way of life  for me.SDF.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2021, 03:00 PM »
I've been building one of my bikes for over four years now. Finding the parts (especially NOS) for a decent price has been a huge challenge. I still need the Bash fork, and they have sky rocketed recently but I'm a patient man ;)

Some of the mid school stuff was made in really, really low numbers. So it's not even a case of throwing money at it it's literally finding things to throw the money at  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline P J Tunni

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2021, 08:43 PM »
Just checked and the last bmx part I bought on eBay was in April. My Kuwahara's are now all very near to factory spec (minus the o.g. tyres and brake cables) so there's not really anything left to get. Would like to build maybe one more bike, always fancied a Tioga Rhino Charge but the prices these days just completely put me off. In the last year or so prices have just gotten ridiculous for anything decent. 😩

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 05:55 PM »
I can't seem to stop, this BMX addiction has a firm grip on me and my wallet 🤣 I've just bought a mid school Hoffman complete, entry level and nothing special. It was cheap though and I do love to tinker. George will be getting an OA both. As if I needed another bike though !
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2021, 01:57 PM »
I'm still in the game as well, though tbh most of my purchases are new school race-related. Not much of that on here, so I usually buy from the Museum, eBay or Yahoo Auctions Japan. :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • I left it in the garden......
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2021, 06:21 AM »
I'm buying, when I can find something I like or really want, but there's little on the 'open' market that's interesting. It was always my plan to build, admire, then split and start again. Be a bit 'circular' and let others use the frames / parts to create their own builds, but if I sold, I wouldn't get anything to replace!

When I was born, the world was a far simpler place.
It was all just cops and robbers.
And BMX.

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2021, 10:43 PM »
Similar to McQueen, like to build, sell, rotate, but know what I let go these days won't be coming back around for less than a small mortgage, so more hesitant to do that recently.

Couple of HTF bits left for the Changa, that and a crazy work period has stalled that project for a while now. And on the JMC it's that long lonely winter of trying to find the parts I want at the price I'm happy to pay. Then SBD shutting up shop hasn't helped the DP build progress either  :'(.

Keep missing s few auction endings when things do go at prices I'd be happy with due to running up and down the country twice a week at the moment which doesn't help, but yeah still buying, just a darn sight slower than in days gone by.
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2021, 04:06 PM »
Well amazingly I just bought some parts. I never usually buy parts now, but the way my collection has gone it's just been that way.

Some of the mid school stuff I have is hard to find. Like, very hard to find. You can find old school stuff everywhere, at stupid prices. But this mid school stuff was nowhere near as widely sold as the old school gear and some of it takes years to find as I have found out.

Whenever I build another one I usually know for a fact it's not how I want it. Like, I have a part list in my head and a plan, but I have never once managed to find every part before I do the build. My Morales was just more of the same. Couldn't find what I wanted, so tossed a cheap bar stem combo on it and then sat back and waited. My STA? still isnt fininshed. I still need a Standard Bash fork or something else I connect with for that to be done and I've been at that for nearly 4 years.

Even the T1 code was taken apart and the stem and fork swapped within a month of building it. That, however, is finished. The Morales should be too once I get the new bars and stem in. But yeah, 3 years of waiting for a set of 2pc uncut Strip bars for that STA.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone still buying bmx bikes/parts etc

gfxgfx
gfx gfx