gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 04:37 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Ha ha ha
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ha ha ha  (Read 877 times)

Broggie

Ha ha ha
« on: September 27, 2006, 08:48 PM »
I have just started trying to learn to do tricks on my 2006 Haro old school sport...I have discovered 3 things...

1, 1994 skyway T/A's and 1994 Haro masters are a damn sight easier to do tricks on than the 2006 Haro...

2, In order to get the 2006 haro off the ground I have to get off and physically lift it, its a bit on the weighty side...

3, I'm pretty crap at doing tricks and it looks like I'm going to fall off.......a lot  :2funny:

Ray.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Ha ha ha
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 09:32 PM »
Keep with it, you`ll be doing backflips in no time  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

WizardWeb

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 10:43 PM »
I found it's easier to do tricks on old school bikes too. The bike seems more upright, you stoop a lot less. It's not cos I'm taller now - I stopped growing at 14.

The new bikes are a bit tubbier too. But as Bill says keep at it !  :)

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 07:18 AM »
yes keep at it.

priv

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 12:05 PM »
Yeah Iv found that too, I love the feel of my 86 Master, but I just feel like its going to snap.

My new skool feels as heavy as feck, Im going to get another new skool, which is a bit lighter  :daumenhoch:

madall

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 08:07 PM »
I dont do New school as I hate em, I use a 85 Streetbeat and have had a few slams of late and havent bent it.Try and get yourself an old school ride much better :daumenhoch:

theRuler

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 08:10 PM »
its possible to built a lightweight newschool bike

haros arent usually very light though

try lightening it up

swap out the steel pegs for alloy ones, and change the 3pc crank for a one piece. also maybe some old school 36 spokers?
just a suggestion. that way you can get the benefits of new school geometry and brakes.

its never gonna be as light as a TA but you can make life a bit easier

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 09:20 PM »
Yeah Im looking at getting one at the moment, have been looking at FBM Autopilot or S&M LAF.

P0LL0

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 12:50 AM »
Put the oldschool  ride on the wall and polish it from time to time......dont listen to anyone that says oldschool rides better than new, thats bum talk that is!!!! You want to learn tricks new and old then get a new school ride, stick with it for a short while and you'll see  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Ha ha ha

gfxgfx
gfx gfx