gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 07:12 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  bmx of today
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bmx of today  (Read 2190 times)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
bmx of today
« on: January 26, 2007, 09:57 PM »
after looking at the mons ramp pics ,i look at todays rides and styles.
or the lack of it ,drab  dull almost boring looking,im not taking away how
bloody great the new riding styles are good and more scary than btd.
but it doesnt look nowhere near as good as oldshool jams.
i hope soon it will brighten up a bit ,new fashion around the corner.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: bmx of today
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 10:00 PM »
I agree Dan, Nu school is plain, and boring  ???
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Trev

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 12:33 AM »

the age old debate continues...... what looks better old or new school....

for me, old school wins it hands down....

my reasons are

• 1. Riders in uniform look smarter.
  • 2. Back then it was one variation per air, so was more stalled rather than seeing how many quick variations could be fitted in.
  • 3. Being old school, seeing any sort of air was cool, so you appreciated it more, whereas nowdays if you can't pull a tailwhip air or some kind of flip, no one is interested...

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 08:32 AM »
new skool all the way for me{sorry 90% of radbmx's}pulling a table/air now with your kness out just looks bad i get the p*ss taken out of me for still doing it :yahoo_silent:.

nowadays if bestwick for example pulls 3 tricks in 1 every trick is fully clicked,give me that any day over a stalled air.

priv

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 08:36 AM »
i wasnt on about the riding so much ,it was the clothing a tad and the colour of some of the bike and part colours
in general ,black brown rusty dirty not looked after look.   :) 

zed4130

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 08:55 AM »
fashions change thats life i like wearing jeans and a old t not much different for me bitd i couldnt afford team kit and would have got beaten up  :2funny: for wearing it  :knuppel2: 'the kids today do some amazing stuff and all the jams ive gone to have been good 'but your right they were better bitd 'i think it was because it was fresh and now its got a bit boring for the youngsters  :'(
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 09:15 AM by zed4130 »

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 09:13 AM »

do you think if haro made factory gear like skyway.etc did BITD people would wear it?

in MBUK it was saying that bmxers in skateparks are now riding with really wide bars,i've never seen any but if a young kid reads it he might be tempted just because a magazine said so.

it's all about who's gunna be first on the band/brand wagon.

priv

zed4130

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 09:18 AM »
your right priv i bought mbuk for years since it came out till about 2002 but it was all about fashion dirt jumping one minute and downhill the next no long distance xc or racing so i stopped buying it 'i dont buy many mags now as getting too old too keep up with the fashions .Funny though i used to allways cut down my bars but i dont now as like wide one 'but thats a personal thing not a fashion thing  :daumenhoch:

theRuler

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 09:56 AM »
the newschool bike i am building is anything but drab

the frame is bright neon metallic green

spinmaster

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 10:21 AM »
theres plenty of colour in newschool just look at the new stuff from companies such as fly, proper, suelo. whats drab about them?

Flying_fox

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 11:00 AM »

do you think if haro made factory gear like skyway.etc did BITD people would wear it?

in MBUK it was saying that bmxers in skateparks are now riding with really wide bars,i've never seen any but if a young kid reads it he might be tempted just because a magazine said so.

priv

There's loads of nice kit out there, Fox, Troy Lee, Shift, but most people only wear it for racing. I only ever wear a full kit at nationals and big things like that. I wouldnt be seen dead in my race kit in the skatepark or down the trails, you look a right doofus.

Some of the park and trails riders are using uncut slams, riders like Rikki Gunner at Harrow, but he's got a racing background anyway.  The ones with the cutdown emo bars tend to be breakless riders anyway I think. I dont cut mine down and I can still Xup, I think its personal not fashion how wide your bars are.

New school all the way for me, os bikes and stuff are nice to look at, but the riding style of today is much better and the bikes rule.

I like my drab black bike. ;) And I never read MBUK because it's utter cr@p.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 12:51 PM »

priv

There's loads of nice kit out there, Fox, Troy Lee, Shift, but most people only wear it for racing. I only ever wear a full kit at nationals and big things like that. I wouldnt be seen dead in my race kit in the skatepark or down the trails, you look a right doofus.

Some of the park and trails riders are using uncut slams, riders like Rikki Gunner at Harrow, but he's got a racing background anyway.  The ones with the cutdown emo bars tend to be breakless riders anyway I think. I dont cut mine down and I can still Xup, I think its personal not fashion how wide your bars are.

New school all the way for me, os bikes and stuff are nice to look at, but the riding style of today is much better and the bikes rule.

I like my drab black bike. ;) And I never read MBUK because it's utter cr@p.

But Foxy does have new school Rusty coloured hair  :LolLolLolLol:
 :) DINGO :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  bmx of today

gfxgfx
gfx gfx