gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 07, 2024, 05:09 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  STEPHEN MURRAY RACE AT MK IS ON SUNDAY 8th
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: STEPHEN MURRAY RACE AT MK IS ON SUNDAY 8th  (Read 4341 times)

Moschops

STEPHEN MURRAY RACE AT MK IS ON SUNDAY 8th
« on: July 04, 2007, 07:54 PM »
The Stephen Murray benefit race is on!

At Milton Keynes Pineham track.

This is an open fun event so you can ride what you like, if there are enough cruiser bruisers then you will have races on your own otherwise its all mixed in.

First aid has been covered by a couple of wonderful qualified volunteers, this will be basic so take it easy, MK General is only 5 mins away 

All proffits are going to Stephen Murrays fund.

Raffel is being supported by Dialled Bikes, The Source, Groove Racing and MKBMX, should be some good goodies in the raffel.

Parking £2.00
Raffel £1.00 per strip

Race fees Expert £10.00 and novice £5.00
Regstration closes at 11.00am

Weather forcast Sat sunny all day and Sun patchy cloud.

Track is o-kay at the moment, and we will have works carried out on it on friday and saturday so it should be fast by sunday.

Please come along and support a great cause

Webdawg

Re: STEPHEN MURRAY RACE AT MK IS ON SUNDAY 8th
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 08:07 PM »
Glad it's all sorted mate, lets all pull together and raise some hard cash to help our Bro out :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 08:13 PM »
Thats great, come on you lot lets get some real support for this, we managed 33 riders for Hersden, if we can do that again its £300 straight to Stephens fund. Plus its a great chance to get some real practice in ready for the RADBASH in a months time :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 08:27 PM »
I'm going to join the OS group but I'll be on my Nu Skool DK as my Redline is awaiting a Chris King from the States and I don't want to build it back up again just yet.  I'm sure no-one will mind an old rider on a NS bike as it's more money in the entry pot.  Come on guys let's see some more names down as this is a great opportunity to get a few laps in before the August bash.  Lee's put in a lot of effort to get this up and running so let's support him.  Humps

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 08:56 PM »
Im well up for this, and happy to be doing our little bit to help Murray.

I am trying to get my OS bike sorted out. Just need a BB spindle and tyres and its there. I will probably bring 1" threaded / 990 mount  mid school bike too, just incase there is a problem with the OS bike. Like Humps00 said, Im sure no-one will mind, and I dont really care what class I ride. As long as I get a roll round, and some of my money gets to stephen.

dialledbikes

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 09:04 PM »
Still hoping to be there, fingers crossed. 

But please buy plenty of raffle tickets as I'm donating a dialled bikes frame to MK as a raffle prize.  Be a shame if someone got it and they only bought one strip for a quid!

SaMAlex

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 09:10 PM »

I'm donating a dialled bikes frame to MK as a raffle prize. 

Good on ya, nice one.
I'll def buy loads!

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 09:14 PM »
i need a new bike frame ,best i be buying some tickets then 

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 09:14 PM »
Update from last post.  I felt guilty whilst in the garage getting the DK down from the rafters to check it out.  Decided to digress and greased up the gritty, cr***y bearings on the Redline and screwed it all back together.  So, count me in the OS class.  Humps

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 09:26 PM »
Nice one Al, see you on the gate.

Mike, thats the nuts, Im going to be buying a couple of books :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 09:47 PM by RATTY »

Webdawg

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 09:41 PM »
Mike,

without a doubt you da man

thanx for all yr help and a bloody generous donation :daumenhoch:

Dialled Bikes, it's the way forward :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 09:31 AM »
Trying to get my pass stamped for this one  :daumenhoch:
I really wanna be there for Muzza

is there gonna be enough of us for an ols school gate?
If so I will dig the Ripper out of the loft  :2gunsfiring_v1:
 :) DINGO :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 09:49 AM by Dingobmxer »

dialledbikes

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 12:01 PM »
Cheers guys.  I wish I could do more, but the fact is, I've only sold a couple of BMX frames all year.

Fortunately, the mountain bike side of things ticks over nicely, otherwise there would be no dialled bikes BMX products or race team.

I think I have clearance for Sunday, so hope to see you all there.  Nik, I will still bring the frame to Daggers on Saturday, just in case though.  :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 12:05 PM »
Cheers guys.  I wish I could do more, but the fact is, I've sold 1 BMX frame all year.

Fortunately, the mountain bike side of things ticks over nicely, otherwise there would be no dialled bikes BMX products or race team.

Now how the fook does that work?? I love my old school bikes and have real trouble with new school, but the dialled bikes are positively excellent, what is wrong with people? they really need to have a ride on your bikes before buying some of the crap that they do!!

Perhaps you should organise a test ride day mike, where anyone interested can test ride the bikes on a track or park!!
I for one know what my new school bike is gonna be in 2008  :4_17_5: :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007, 12:37 PM »
It's just the way the BMX market is Ratty, especially the race scene.

I'd say only around 600-800 people race regularly nationwide (average national is 350-400).  Out of that number, 50% are probably too young/small to ride a dialled bikes frame.  And a percentage of the remainder probably wouldn't want to buy a dialled bikes frame anyway as there is still a lot of kudos attached to owning an American branded/American made frame.  Also, you can get a bloody good complete race bike these days for under £300 and I'm trying to sell frame and forksets for that price.

I will stick with it though as I have loved BMX since I first set eyes on Official BMX Magazine (the one with Tim March on the cover doing the big table at Slades Farm) and traded up my Grifter for a Moto One!  And the satisfaction it brings when  I can help kids fulfil their goals and potential is enormous (I've had 3 number 1 title winners and world No.4  on the team since I started it in 2005).  It's like I'm reliving my youth through them.

Rome wasn't built in a day and I look at what people like Chris Moeller, Mat Hoffman, Rick Moliterno (and before them Gary Turner and The OM) achieved with their bike companies as inspiration.  I never set out to shift loads of frames and get rich anyway, just to create something that is as meaningful to the new school as companies like SE, GT, Redline, Skyway, etc were/are to us old schoolers.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 12:42 PM »
Thats what I like about you, The fact that you love the sport, you still ride and the support you give your guys an girls.

Well from what I can see BMX is on the up, and the people who support the sport like you, alan and groove will be there when it becomes a giant once again!!!

dialledbikes

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2007, 02:50 PM »
 :daumenhoch: cheers Ratty, it's nice to be appreciated.

I'm loving my riding and racing more than ever now, as I never really got chance to race much as a kid (pushy parents who thought that school and getting into university was more important than athletics, football and BMX), just the odd local race and regional.

30-39 cruiser is a fast class these days, but a lot of fun (regionals that is, I haven't had the bottle to race many nationals).

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007, 04:49 PM »
Well im going to give the nationals a shot next year, hopefully on 20", but maybe 24", only trouble will be lining up against my old adversary Tony Slater..

Ill go if you go :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 08:26 PM »
I will be doing some nationals next year for sure Ratty as I will be in 40+ and (no disrespect to 40+ as there are still some fast/rad guys in that class) will feel a little less out of my depth.  The 30-39 guys would slaughter me at nationals, but I think I could probably scrape a few B-finals in 40+.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 09:12 PM »
Any chance of getting an Administrators central mail out to all Radsters about this meeting as I fear attendance will be lower than it could be and I'm sure there will be peeps on here who would support the event but don't spot posts such as this.  Time is ticking by and I can hear the words of many "I didn't know it was on otherwise I'd have been there" after the event.  Alternatively anyone reading this can help by sending out an e-mail to BMXers in their e-mail Address Book who might not frequesnt RAD or BMX Talk for info.  Post the link http://www.bmxtalk.co.uk/viewtopic.php't=11885 for times, race fees, etc.  Thanks, Humps

Moschops

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2007, 09:40 PM »
Mike how about a Dialled 18" micro mini frame? forks and bars too.

Redline have it sewen up at the moment as they are the only ones who make it, oh and for those of you who have one wait till you need a tyre or innertube :knuppel2:
Redline have shafted us all :yahoo_silent:

Our little club has tonnes of nippers in it, and they are all looking at Redlines, I tell you what you would sell more than a couple :daumenhoch:

Sorry to digress, where else can we plug this event?

Webdawg

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2007, 09:45 PM »
why dont u ask BCF to mailshot all members by email :daumenhoch:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2007, 09:52 PM »
why dont u ask BCF to mailshot all members by email :daumenhoch:

Have asked Rollback Roger if he can do that.  Humps

Webdawg

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2007, 09:58 PM »
cool, be the best way to get it out there to all the peeps :daumenhoch:

Moschops

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2007, 10:01 PM »
Nice work poeple, you two have been a big help thanks for the support :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  STEPHEN MURRAY RACE AT MK IS ON SUNDAY 8th

gfxgfx
gfx gfx