gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 06, 2024, 11:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  CHIN UP FIOLAS LOVECHILD
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CHIN UP FIOLAS LOVECHILD  (Read 2532 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
CHIN UP FIOLAS LOVECHILD
« on: July 28, 2007, 12:10 AM »
Russ Stainer "Fiolas-lovechild" Is recovering from his dislocated shoulder, he had a hard stack at Dagenham and is feeling pretty low, one of the top contenders for the OSSS07 title now has to watch the title disapear. He has spoke to me a couple of times on the phone and is considering quitting for good.

I just thought a post on here with a few comments might change his mind.

Come on Russ cheer up, we would miss ya mate :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: CHIN UP FIOLAS LOVECHILD
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 12:46 AM »
Russ, don't get down, when I brike my wrist last year and ended up being in hospital for 3 days I seriously thought of giving up but look at me, I came back really strong this year.

To be honest my advice would be to just leave the racing for a bit and wait for the bug to bite you again, because believe me it will. :daumenhoch:

se bikes

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 03:46 AM »
Russ, dont give it al up babae, the OSS wouldn't be the OSS without FLC.............................

Heal quick an get back on yer bike  :-*

spillers#1

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 07:59 AM »
ROSS.......sorry i mean russ,we all worry about stacking but fook it thats life,when i busted my hand in april and had time off my tosser of a manager complained about me and i got put up in front of the M.D. i told him bollox i do what i want in my own time and that know one mentions the fact that 3 people where i work play rugby and are always injuring themselves.

come back fiona's lovechild we need you :daumenhoch:

Twinkle

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 08:28 AM »
I hope your heeling quickly and that as the pain eases the desire to race comes back   :)

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 09:04 AM »
speedy recovery matey !! Hope to see you at MK !!
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

KGB Matt

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 09:45 AM »
 :wtf:

You not gonna tell me i helped pick you up just so you can QUIT!

Seriously tho m8 dont give it all up ......... take time out ..chill and then roll around with Humps and me .... or get back up the front if you must.  :LolLolLolLol:

Matt

DR VINOAH

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 10:35 AM »
russ pm sent

sorry folks this is private :angel:

spillers#1

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 11:12 AM »
FIST F*****! OH NO :LolLolLolLol:

hooga1975

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 11:33 AM »
Russ, dont give it up mate, it wouldnt be the same without ya.  Take your time to get yourself fixed up and then ease yourself back in slowly.  I hope you are still coming to MK as I was looking forward to having a beer with you :daumenhoch:

bmx-796

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 12:19 PM »
Hope you dont give up mate, wont be the same without you

How much for the GT? >:D

Offline SE MARK

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 12:57 PM »
Dont give it up mate , just take it easier . You should have seen me at daggers thursday i came last in every race as i was so scared  :LolLolLolLol:  Gonna get some practice in for mk though so will try again next week  . Hopefully Mk being a  different track ill have  different thoughts ..  See ya at Mk Russ . 

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2007, 02:12 PM »
..chill and then roll around with Humps and me

It's a VERY exclusive club that Matt and I have going at the back of the pack but you're very welcome to join us Russ if it stops you quitting altogether.  You get yourself sorted out soon and get the vibes buzzing at MK and you'll be back.  Humps

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2007, 02:46 PM »
 :)
I have been ill for the last 18 months (the whole time off my bike),and am awaiting surgery on my arm and shoulder.Just think of all the good times that u have had in the past-why let that all go,you will have more in the future.

Keep on doing what u love.

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2007, 03:23 PM »
My thoughts are if you're capable of doing it then do it.  Life is so short, do what you love doing before you really are past it.

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2007, 07:44 PM »
chin up mate,as your shoulder gets better your mood will start to lift and you'll be itching to get back on a bike, :daumenhoch:

priv

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2007, 08:26 PM »
Just take it easy for awhile, let yourself heal. BUT NEVER GIVE UP

Experience of failure leads to improvement

quote from one of the top TOYOTA boys.

nic968

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2007, 09:24 AM »
 The OS races need guys like you mate...It makes everyone push harder and faster and really bring out the racing spirit.It gives those of us new to racing some standards to reach for.Without the top riders we'd be poodling around like a rolling show and shine rally...
 Look forward to trying to catch you soon.... :daumenhoch:

spillers#1

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2007, 10:36 AM »
Alright alright calm down you lot...i'm in fookin tears here :'(you emotional bunch......he aint that fookin good :LolLolLolLol: :daumenhoch: ;)

Lazarou

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2007, 10:46 AM »

Pro-tec

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 01:13 PM »
I'm sure as soon as that shoulder heals you'll be right back in the thick of it. Besides, there is always someone worse off than you dude (see Lazarou's avatar!!! OUCH!!)
Here's some advice I always give myself when I'm face down in the doodoo, hope it helps, "Amputate and move on soldier!".

Get well soon bud 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 01:15 PM by Pro-tec »

se

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 07:40 PM »
It's not about how old you are Russ, it's about your body being fooked! Get back in the saddle lad. If it cheers you, my worst bike injury was almost slicing myself a second arse after a rough vertical landing on a Kashy Aero. Scrote healed eventually.

Flying_fox

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 09:23 PM »
You can't let a dislocated shoulder make you give up. It hurts yeh, I know I've done it, but its not the end of the world and they heel up in no time.

My work think I'm mental racing still, since I've worked there I've dislocated my knee, dislocated my shoulder, cracked one collar bone twice and shattered the other. Cracked ribs and sturnam, turned entire limbs blue, the list just goes on. :crazy2:

No one said BMX racing was a safe sport, but thats what make it so great. :4_17_5:

oldmankev

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 09:52 PM »
What everyone else has said, injuries suck but heal up
and come back stronger.

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 09:56 PM »

My work think I'm mental racing still, since I've worked there I've dislocated my knee, dislocated my shoulder, cracked one collar bone twice and shattered the other. Cracked ribs and sturnam, turned entire limbs blue, the list just goes on. :crazy2:

:shocked:  Maybe I'll just spectate on Sunday  :D

Chin up, bud, you'll soon be feeling yourself again and you'll forget how bad this experience was.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  CHIN UP FIOLAS LOVECHILD

gfxgfx
gfx gfx