gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 09:42 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  BITD pictures of old school Radness!!!  |  Old Pics from BITD - The BMX History of the Ramp Rat
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old Pics from BITD - The BMX History of the Ramp Rat  (Read 75231 times)

donkeybambam

Re: Old Pics from BITD - The BMX History of the Ramp Rat
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2008, 09:41 PM »
MATE TOP PICTURES. :daumenhoch:.I USED TO GO TO SUB TRACK.THE GOOD OLD DAYS.  WHAT ABOUT THE WATER JUMP ON THE TRACK.THE LAST JUMP.                                                                                                                             

Ramp Rat

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2008, 11:08 PM »
Hey Donkeybambam - yeah that water jump was crazy, Reggie spent so much $$$$ on that track, that water jump alone cost a fortune....we used to jump it backwards, it was way scary. Good times. Who did you ride with? Remeber Keith Winyard, Steve Baldry, Dave Barnsby, etc.

fritz78

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2008, 09:53 PM »
great pics mate :daumenhoch: and yes,the jam are a top band 8)

ralphtribe

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2008, 08:23 PM »
to add to the history of the ramp rat - here are some pics from "the Guru" (aka Ralph) - the letter from BMX Action Bike should make you laugh - it's asking "what happened to Ralph Tribe - he was amazing" - the tragic truth is that I wrote it as a bet - lol!... I won the bet!! cheers Ralph (Tribe)

First pics are Rom, then Livingston

Then Centrespread from BMX Weekly (kind of ironic as I was wearing BMX Action Bike gear)

The the very scary Livingstone main bowl from a Haro bike test (I don't think we even told our parents we were going to Scotland for the weekend with two older men who we didn't know anything about! imagine their faces - lol)

Letter from BMX Action Bike!

SaMAlex

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2008, 08:36 PM »
That sport test is great, thanks for posting that up (Ive got the mag somewhere). I must have looked at it a million times cos I had either just got a sport or was about to get one. I even had the same red Checked Vans top already so I was well into the pics of you.

Ramp Rat

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2008, 02:11 AM »
keen hell Ralph, forgot how rad you were, those pic. are killer...great to see them again. That x-up in the P-Bowl is well high and the look backs are tasty too.

Ironic #2 BMX Weekly: You had the center spread, Tony had the front cover and neither of you entered the King of The Skateparks comp. That pissed everyone off.   :2funny:

Funny - off to Scotland with two strangers...that how we did it back then, it was a safe world. NOT! (Hawkins)

I can totally see you writing a letter to BMXAB...that is so funny. It even reads like you wroye it, for chrissakes.

Guru indeed!

adam01

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2008, 04:41 PM »
keen hell Ralph, forgot how rad you were, those pic. are killer...great to see them again. That x-up in the P-Bowl is well high and the look backs are tasty too.

Ironic #2 BMX Weekly: You had the center spread, Tony had the front cover and neither of you entered the King of The Skateparks comp. That pissed everyone off.   :2funny:

Funny - off to Scotland with two strangers...that how we did it back then, it was a safe world. NOT! (Hawkins)

I can totally see you writing a letter to BMXAB...that is so funny. It even reads like you wroye it, for chrissakes.

Guru indeed!

Hi there hoping that you maybe able to help me on the chingford days i am looking for as much info . i can not get hold of the magazine and have a link but no joy in opening it and was wondering have you the magazines of chingford No 41 on wards volume i will be very much appreciated

Adam

here is the link that wont work

bmx action bike 45 october 1986 Jason Lunn blasts off, Hutch's Eric Carter taking control and two world titles on the cover. News. The A to Z of Freestyle : A and B. The jam at Chingford. 1986 BMX Worlds. Skate : Adrian Demain. Tim March : http://files.filefront.com/bab8610rzip/;4385321;;/fileinfo.html (David novembre 2005)

Old_Skool71

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2008, 11:32 AM »
Fantastic pics mate, i'm getting all nostalgic, i must dig out my old pics and upload them :)

super-craig

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2008, 09:02 PM »
great pics , took me back , was just like opening a copy of action bike , rad  :daumenhoch:

nee

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2008, 02:24 PM »
Wow....what an amazing set of pictures!

And the ZOID!!!  haha  brilliant!

Ralph....i remebered that letter even before you posted the pic on here...lol

On a side note, i read earlier in the thread that someone said they saw someone at 'pepi's funeral'
Is that Pepi Winder? If so, what happened? :(

*edit* Just found the thread from last year....so sad...RIP Pepi   :(
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 02:41 PM by nee »

Guillotte

« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2008, 03:32 AM »
Holy FUG! L'il Damon? How did I miss this? Man, nice pics. Didn't we both ride for Raleigh at some point?  :LolLolLolLol:..your group of friends and yourself were so good. Great to see these dude.

markatkins

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2008, 11:45 AM »
Nice!!!!Baby King ramp reminds me of the days when your bike was longer than the width if the ramp.Bet we all had a few front wheel misses?

Lee Reynolds

« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2008, 01:37 AM »
Awesome... Damon was amazing! Great pics!

mixjp

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2009, 09:41 PM »
These photo's brought back some gooooooooooooood memories. Roms bowl was the best bowl ever for high airs. A really nice smooth entry into the bowl, not like Southsea's drop.
Who remembers the massive bowl at Wickstead Park. Now that was big, with a nice roll in. You had to get 4 feet out before you saw daylight.

Alvin Mullins ospoolrider

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2009, 10:42 PM »
Awesome pictures!!! love this thread

donkeybambam

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2009, 11:15 AM »
love it mate... used to race at surbiton.many years ago.
it's a go kart track now.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2009, 07:05 PM »
Who remembers the massive bowl at Wickstead Park. Now that was big, with a nice roll in. You had to get 4 feet out before you saw daylight.

Chilly ruled that one - that park was my idea of heaven for 1 week every year when I stayed with my cousin who lived opposite the park  :angel:

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

lodge

« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2009, 11:14 PM »
What a great pic, if i only had that to ride for the rest of my riding days I'd be a very happy man.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2009, 10:37 AM »
What a great pic, if i only had that to ride for the rest of my riding days I'd be a very happy man.

Its a memory now, but a bloody great one. Raz round the top and drop straight down the 18ft sides for some air... such a rush  :4_17_5:  :D

Fookin carpark now - makes me all emotional when I go back there  :'(

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Wicksteed+Park&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=11.852959,39.199219&ie=UTF8&hq=Wicksteed+Park&hnear=&ll=52.38463,-0.709938&spn=0.000747,0.002393&t=h&z=19

( I find that picture weird because I think I'm in it - I remember those two lads sat on bikes either side - the kid at the back I'm sure is my cousin - my mate Andy is just riding down on the right and I'm in front of him - I'm probably deluded but, hey, I'm happy  ;) )

Dylan Thomas

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2009, 01:49 PM »
Anyway...back to the thread!

Dylan Thomas

spooky69

« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2010, 10:11 PM »
Top class set of pics, top class airs too....great stuff  :)

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2010, 07:14 PM »
Hi Damon only met you a few times, it might have been at Jason Hassels birthday party ? Do you have a ride now ? and what is it ? Cheers Steve, i lived in Wickford the town next to the campbells. Popped round there from time to time.

proxy10

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2010, 06:16 AM »
historically significant pictures, worthy of memories.

speight9587

« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2010, 06:45 PM »
Wow. Really enjoyed looking at the BITD photos. Thank you for posting them on Rad for us all to see.  :daumenhoch:

spike

« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2010, 10:11 PM »
 :daumenhoch: Excellent thread, great photos, wish I had some photos of my own, but never had a camera with us when we were out ramping :-(

Ahh yes,  great times that we all probably took for granted back then... Must make me a vert ramp again...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  BITD pictures of old school Radness!!!  |  Old Pics from BITD - The BMX History of the Ramp Rat

gfxgfx
gfx gfx