gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 02:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Market value of parts
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Market value of parts  (Read 486 times)

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Market value of parts
« on: December 25, 2007, 02:40 PM »
With the seasonal fluctuation of value, relating to rare parts i have an idea on how this can be controlled within reason. If we have a "qualify to buy" policy which basically means that peeps can sell to other members at a rate agreed by a panel of members regularly. If members "by in" this will give us greater controll over market rates when we are in a time of unknown costs, its important that to see longevity in this hobby, and its future will be assured. I cannot afford to continue buying rare parts at ridiculous prices and i would guess that a good deal of other members cannot either so lets keep it controlled, i dont feel the need, like many others on RAD,  to generate huge profits form this hobby. We can never control ebay, but there is a real brotherhood on this site (I am new and feel this strongly at this site) and if we are prepared to be honest with eachother, there may be a lesser need for ebay, its about taking control over the situation and creating a members market which is moderated by loyalty and not dosh.....anyone who feels similar should chip in and post there ideas.........This may have been tried before, but who better to value the commodity than members here......Merry Christmas

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
Re: Market value of parts
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 02:47 PM »
What if you paid a certain price for somthing and then got it moderated to alot less ?? then what??. I honestly think ppl will pay what they can afford and thats how it is.
While your idea is certainly a way of helping you could envisage some one buying cheaply of here then selling for a profit anyway  :Aresehole: but the way it is.
I think a price with offers in PM can help as its then upto the seller, i have pm'd a few offers and always had a good arrangement between "brothers" but i am steadily getting Pissed so what do i know  :LolLolLolLol:

Paul :Great_Britain:

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 02:57 PM »
Yeah im pissed too, but its got to be kept in mind, otherwise MX100 brake sets will be £250 a set, and Biagio will be like the bmx bank of England! :-[

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 01:08 PM »
......otherwise MX100 brake sets will be £250 a set....

What like these?  :-X

http://www.retro-mark.co.uk/retrospectbmx/brakes.html

:2gunsfiring_v1:

perry

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 01:19 PM »
im going to have to get my brother to take a pic of his ammaco as im sure i put one of those brakes on it in gold

it wouldhave had 2 but i couldnt get it off the frame it was attached to so it got thrown away

ill laugh for days if it is as i also got some dx pedals on the donor bike all for £20 , not to mention the wheels

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Market value of parts

gfxgfx
gfx gfx