Old School BMX 1980 - 1988 > Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)

30+ Masters

<< < (6/8) > >>

spillers#1:

--- Quote from: Brandy Truffle on February 12, 2008, 08:33 PM ---^^^^^ Yeah Batey,Bancroft,Mapp mixin' it up for one race on the Old Skool,Flats n 1" headsets...lets see em then!!  :daumenhoch:

--- End quote ---
How f**kin cool would that be  :daumenhoch: get a gate full of the best racers at the mo on old skool bikes for a one off race  :4_17_5:

Zippy:
Can you imagine them riding round a track in anger on your Burner.  :LolLolLolLol:

THIRSTYKIRSTY:
ELLO SI ,,,HOWS YA DOIN AFTER OUR RACIN SESH ON SUNDAY

ME WAS ACHIN ALOT ON MONDAY,,MAINLY CAUSE I HAD NOT RODE A BIKE FOR A WEEK

I DO AGREE WITH YA THOUGH MATE IM GOIN TO STOP RACIN SO MUCH OLD SCHOOL JUST SO THE OTHERS CAN BETTER THERMSELVES AND I CAN ALSO BY RACIN A MORE DIFFICULT CLASS LIKE ME CRUISER OR THINKIN ABOUT RACIN ME HYPER ON SUNDAY IN THE 30+CLASS JUST TO SEE HOW I GET ON

WE WERE VERY CLOSE ON SUNDAY AS YOU CAN SEE IN THEM PICKIES BUT IF WE PUT A BIT OF EFFORT IN AND GOT FIT WITH A NEW SCHOOL BIKE ,,WHO KNOWS HOW WE COULD GET ON IN MASTERS ,,IM CERTAINLY THINKIN OF IT

OUR REGION DOES NOT RUN A 30+IN THE SUMMER REGIONALS THOUGH AND WOULD HAVE TO RACE IN THE PAYBACK CLASS ,,WHICH IS FULL OF CLASS RIDERS LIKE FLEM ,,CAL,,IVESY,,SPEEDY REIDY AND THE LIKES ,,BUT WHO KNOWS THEY MIGHT DRAG ME UP A BIT

THANKS TO YOU ALL ON SUNDAY FOR A GREAT BAY ,,BRILL MEETIN YA ALL

TILL NEXT TIME SI

RUSS  NO2,,,BOO HOO

dialledbikes:

--- Quote from: spillers#1 on February 12, 2008, 08:30 PM ---The way i see it mike everyone can race new and old skool  :daumenhoch: i raced my old skool at braintree and it was brilliant  :4_17_5: what i want to see is people who came back to the sport riding the bikes they rode 20 odd years mixing it with new school and showing that you can still be fast and competitive being middle aged  :daumenhoch: all 8 finalists in old skool on sunday looked very fast and rode with a lot of skill  :daumenhoch: wouldn't it be great to get some of the young hot shots to do a one off race on old skool bikes  :4_17_5: i would love to watch guys like dan whyte,micheal pinnock etc having a laugh and racing our old skool bikes.  :D

--- End quote ---

That's a brilliant idea Lee.  I'd love to watch those guys ride old school bikes.  Not sure whether they would though.  Dan and Big Mike had a go on my old Ripper a while back and they said it felt well sketchy.

dialledbikes:

--- Quote from: Zippy on February 12, 2008, 08:39 PM ---I think the upper level of old school riders have now perhaps become too fast for the rest of the guys and it may even be a little intimidating to get up on the gate with some of us. I don't want that to sound big headed or arrogant because I don't mean it that way but there's a lot of guy's that would love to race that may be put off by only being beginners.
--- End quote ---

Very fair comment, Si, and not arrogant at all.  I was gonna put in my previous post that because guys like you, Aaron, Jason Harvey, Ratty, Gary Porter, Hooga and Sam are so quick, some of the other guys or potential old schoolers might be put off racing, but I didn't want to sound condescending to the guys who aren't as fast as you.

Hopefully we'll see some new blood coming into OS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version