Old School BMX 1980 - 1988 > Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)

30+ Masters

<< < (7/8) > >>

Flying_fox:

--- Quote from: spillers#1 on February 12, 2008, 08:30 PM ---........ i would love to watch guys like dan whyte,micheal pinnock etc having a laugh and racing our old skool bikes.  :D

--- End quote ---

I'd love to Pinnock on an OS bike too, just to see how far he got round before he snapped it in half. I was with him at Peterborough a few years ago when he tore the front end clean off a new school ripper, imagine what he'd do to an OS one.... ;D

Flying_fox:

--- Quote from: Zippy on February 12, 2008, 08:39 PM ---I think the upper level of old school riders have now perhaps become too fast for the rest of the guys and it may even be a little intimidating to get up on the gate with some of us. I don't want that to sound big headed or arrogant because I don't mean it that way but there's a lot of guy's that would love to race that may be put off by only being beginners.

--- End quote ---

That's more or less what I thought, after I won the first couple of Alans OS nationals in Warrington and the Winnie Wright memorial race at Slough I wanted to push myself. Why I started racing OS in the first place was just wanted to see if I could ride a 20", I could, so I started back in what was then 25+.

I can't ride an OS bike for shite now, I used to be fast on them until I got used to NS bikes. I have to say for riding I'm 100% NS now.

Go for it Zippy. :coolsmiley:

spillers#1:

--- Quote from: Flying_fox on February 13, 2008, 08:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: spillers#1 on February 12, 2008, 08:30 PM ---........ i would love to watch guys like dan whyte,micheal pinnock etc having a laugh and racing our old skool bikes.  :D

--- End quote ---

I'd love to Pinnock on an OS bike too, just to see how far he got round before he snapped it in half. I was with him at Peterborough a few years ago when he tore the front end clean off a new school ripper, imagine what he'd do to an OS one.... ;D

--- End quote ---
I was thinking earlier about mike pinnock,there were a few of us on sunday who thought mike was the b*ll*x he took no prisoners, for a big fella he is so fast and powerfull  :daumenhoch: i think he's the new delbert husband of 2008  :4_17_5:  ;)

dialledbikes:
Pinnock is a great rider.  So fast and smooth for a big lad.  And a really nice lad off the track as well (gentle giant).

He's really unlucky with injuries though.  I've known him about 3 years now and every year he mullers himself and ends up missing at least 2 or 3 months of the season.

Wait until some of you guys see Lee Baker ride (he's been injured for most of the last 18 months).  Before he got injured, he was as fast and smooth as Dan Whyte.

beard1973:
I was inspired by Pinnocks riding on Sunday... absolutely awesome!!!

I think it was the Qtr Final he was battling to the line with another rider and they both nailed it for the finish and ended in a heap at the bottom of the hill....

I just had to stand there and applaud the lad....  :daumenhoch: top rider...

But would I let him ride one of me Burners...? would I buggery...  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version