gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975536 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 12:54 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  new school kids
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: new school kids  (Read 10608 times)

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: new school kids
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 06:05 PM »
must admit phil, i can see your point on this, the skinny jeans and emo look just

cracks me up, so glad my lad doesn't look like that, he's new skool but his own identity,

wears a full face, what mould does that fit into :)

what you talking about Dan? Billy's always got his arse hanging out of his jeans....

that wasn't done on purpose ;D his belt broke but he's got a new one now :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

Trev

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 06:09 PM »
must admit phil, i can see your point on this, the skinny jeans and emo look just

cracks me up, so glad my lad doesn't look like that, he's new skool but his own identity,

what you talking about Dan? Billy's always got his arse hanging out of his jeans....

that wasn't done on purpose ;D his belt broke but he's got a new one now :daumenhoch:

:LolLolLolLol:  he must go through a lot of belts then....  ;D

Sean 2000

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 08:28 PM »

Gets it of his Dad i reckon!  ;D

Oh god what have i done, i'm gonna find a horses head in me bed in the mornin.  :-\  Only messin with ya Don......i didnt mean to disrespect the family.

The "R"  ;)

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 08:33 PM »
 ;D  i never spotted that >:(  sean your forgiven ;)    TREV :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

we need a talk

For powder coating drop me a pm

lodge

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 08:51 PM »

Wearing a full face is just sensible. A facial impact is the worst.

Me and a few other dudes turned up at Livi in the 90's sporting our new Bell moto 6 full face lids one of the n/s geezers at the park shouts over to his mate "ow hoffman and mirra are here" even tho the joke was directed at us we couldn't help but wee ourselfs laughing.

Radical Mick

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 09:50 PM »
Ha, Ha, Ha, a bunch of old gits, (myself included, 39 in a week) moaning about the new school riders.

Can anyone rember Life's a Beach Trousers and Caps, Town and Country sweats, the big Oakley shades, and we are calling
them Gay?????

Shiny uniforms and balance tricks is that what they should be doing and wearing.

New school is cool, the tricks are unbelivable, honestly what would you rather pull whips or front hops, at only 15 years old, the guys at school gave me grief for riding a kiddies bike, it doesnt have that image anymore, surely that's a good thing.

I cant understand the pants thing either, but my dad couldn't understand the pink converse, same thing isnt it.

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 11:39 PM »
haha funny thread

the fashion doesnt bother me, chavs will be wearing tight jeans soon   ;D, fat bmx kids in tight jeans though aint a good look  :P
anyway we were all wearing pink stuff in the 80's!

style wise some things bug me, some of the kids now cant even pedal! they pedal all straight and upright, it reminds me how my gran used to ride her shopper bike while wearing a dress  :LolLolLolLol: , they need to ride something else apart from flatbanks etc, like some dirt or a bmx track, get a bit of flow

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2008, 12:26 AM »
TBH as long as it kills the chav thing i'm with it  :daumenhoch:

You can't have all that nice hair and wear a baseball cap so it's got to be a good thing.

Steve Shindig

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2008, 06:34 PM »
here's a bit of new school flow....

Broggie

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2008, 08:48 PM »
fooking bmx...I dont get it...now when I had my Raleigh chopper and me short back and sides....jeans from tesco and no money  :2funny:

Ray.

subversion

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2008, 08:51 PM »

/>

Sorry but I can't even watch that. it's just how they all look the same, they all ride the same, just like almost every NS kid out there! I do appreciate the tricks that could be considered difficult but I think it's missing the point of riding completely. Im sure we've all want(ed) to be able to do the tricks our favourite riders did/do but it's all too 'dolly the sheep' for my liking... :(

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2008, 09:23 PM »
Near the beginning of that vid there's a gap to wallride. I'm pretty sure its the same one as is in that horrific leg break vid I posted up the other week.

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2008, 11:35 PM »
nothing wrong with that vid, top quality flowy riding  8) nu skool done well wins for me

Flaz

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2008, 12:02 AM »
go to rOm jam or corby and watch some of these skinny jeaned, boxer showing, funny gay belted kids riding and i can assure you when they are doing back flips , 360 tail whips, flairs , forward flips  you really wont be to worried about how they look coz you will be to busy picking your jaw up off the floor  and as for flow  ??? the day mark webb and ben wallace was at corby ripping the park up flat out  how anyone could ever say they aint got no flow or style I'll never know  :shocked:  FFS to see these fookers ripping it up in the flesh is awsome

mark webb did a transfer from the jump box to the back of the small spine he must of travelled 15/20 foot 12 foot up in the air  :idiot2: if you aint got flow doing that you land on ya face, end of!!!!!

Steve Shindig

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2008, 10:23 AM »

/>

Sorry but I can't even watch that. it's just how they all look the same, they all ride the same, just like almost every NS kid out there! I do appreciate the tricks that could be considered difficult but I think it's missing the point of riding completely. Im sure we've all want(ed) to be able to do the tricks our favourite riders did/do but it's all too 'dolly the sheep' for my liking... :(

I think if Chase D looked the same as everyone else he wouldn't be traveling the globe, have such a huge following or a signature frame on Fit etc....  Maybe you're missing something slightly?

lodge

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2008, 12:12 PM »

/>

Did you go to any 80's comps, almost every run was the same.

Dave Mirra, Chase Hawk, Karl Poynter three riders with completely different tricks and styles.

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2008, 12:20 PM »
 :) New schoolers are a hive of useful information! Only this week I found out that a guy called Tony Hoffman invented BMX and that he is the best in the world `cos he can do backflips...........

They`re ok in small doses,but some really need to learn their roots!

perry

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2008, 12:34 PM »
but its people like us that have to teach them those roots  :)

superFLY69

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2008, 02:14 PM »
did someone say they wanted new school flow

vid 1
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="
name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
vid 2
Not a valid vimeo URL

subversion

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2008, 02:42 PM »

I think if Chase D looked the same as everyone else he wouldn't be traveling the globe, have such a huge following or a signature frame on Fit etc....  Maybe you're missing something slightly?

Stevie, it's the other way around dude, it's all the kids who look like Chase D etc! as I said in my earlier post, I do respect the difficulty involved in modern riding, just think some originality in tricks & having your own style instead of everyone elses...

all imo :daumenhoch:

subversion

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2008, 02:49 PM »
Did you go to any 80's comps, almost every run was the same.

Dave Mirra, Chase Hawk, Karl Poynter three riders with completely different tricks and styles.

I didn't go to many 80's comps bar race meets etc but I went to pretty much EVERY 90's jam & that was when people had there own ideas, no one wanted to ride just like their hero's, maybe try to learn their tricks but not to look exactly like them when they do them!

I can appreciate the differences in your list of examples but Dave Mirra isn't what I would call new skool ??? & I bet he would look a complete cock in girls jeans too!

cheers

Steve Shindig

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2008, 02:55 PM »
Personally I think NS right now is the most creative I've ever seen BMX....  I for one think it's an amazing time to be a part of it.

nouseforaname

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2008, 05:46 PM »
Having read this it seems like a classic case of the oldies not understanding the yoof!!!!

I'm 33 and I wanted a PK Ripper as much as the next man when I was 12 (all i got was a super tuff burner lol) but you seriously need to check out the modern scene. Yeah there's a fashion element with some people but there's some insane riding and stuff being pulled by kids that no-one could've dreamt of five years ago. There's also loads of riders with a lot of flow too, some of it is a joy to watch.

Get a new school ride and get down the park!

*tight jeans are not compulsory  ;D

subversion

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2008, 07:30 PM »
Get a new school ride and get down the park!

Already got one & ride every week with lots of new skool kids :daumenhoch:

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2008, 07:33 PM »
i didnt used to like ' nu skool street' videos that much, rail after rail etc, but recents dvds have got so  much better, good editing better music.  Creative street riding, like Rubens bit in Grounded, chas D etc.  I find them more exciting to watch

I like riding a bit of street, its nice to get away from the mini scooters and chavs, but its hard work and unforgiving compared to riding smooth ramps, if i go with trill we ride about 40 miles around london and find 1 bank  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  new school kids

gfxgfx
gfx gfx