gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 01:38 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  photos of fiolas 85 red performer
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: photos of fiolas 85 red performer  (Read 4926 times)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
photos of fiolas 85 red performer
« on: March 12, 2008, 06:37 PM »

i am finally got start one, any pics would be much appreciated, and i need some of them early black rubber fork standers  ???
think everything else should be achievable

mark 2

Re: photos of fiolas 85 red performer
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 06:46 PM »
I've seen pale blue rubber dyno fork standers on us bay a few times recently pete, boot polish, dye or felt tips and bingo ;)  I had some back in the swinging sixties, they've got no markings on them , you know the ones , same tooling and just repackaged when gt started making the metal ones. and you've probably got this pic.....

« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 06:57 PM by mark j. »

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 08:04 PM »

nice one mark, i got a light blue set off jay at bournemouth 05, never thought of a bit of rubber paint or something  :daumenhoch:
keep the pics coming

Blue70

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 08:14 PM »

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 08:16 PM »

fook never seen a pair before

mark 2

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 09:40 PM »
they were a fraction of that price on bay £15 -£20 or so in foreign money. but hey you got some :daumenhoch:

and alans got those grips btw, £10 ;)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 09:42 PM by mark j. »

Blue70

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 10:54 PM »
I just noticed that he's running his front brakes on the wrong side of the forks  :D

Lazarou

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 11:07 PM »
That's my favourite of Eddie's bikes.

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 09:48 PM »
Eddie's pants look the same as Olivia newton john's at the end of 'Grease'  :shocked:

You're the one that I want  ;D

Spray on's ?

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 09:56 PM »
I'm sure this questions been asked before but why didn't Fiola use normal Performer forks and mostly opted for the forks off the race bikes?

Just curious.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 10:00 PM »
I just noticed that he's running his front brakes on the wrong side of the forks  :D

We all did that for a while after that - it was supposed to help stop the brake centrebolt from snapping when doing front hops.... A fad that didn't last long.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 10:02 PM »
I'm sure this questions been asked before but why didn't Fiola use normal Performer forks and mostly opted for the forks off the race bikes?

Just curious.

Lighter. He rode so smooth, he could ride anything and not break 'em. 1 3/8th rims at the Pipeline anyone?!

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 10:10 PM »
ahh i just love that bike :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: got to build one of those :shocked:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 10:12 PM »

Just curious.

Lighter. He rode so smooth, he could ride anything and not break 'em. 1 3/8th rims at the Pipeline anyone?!

Cheers Gary....I figured it was something like that but then again he was a Spen and only weighed 2 stone with his helmet on so he could probably get away with it.  ;)

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 08:24 AM »
nice one mark, i got a light blue set off jay at bournemouth 05, never thought of a bit of rubber paint or something 
keep the pics coming
When i got those pegs Pete,I was always going to make them a black set ,but ended up doing the yellow GT as you know,so never used them ,but was going to try and find some black motorbike flip pegs with the black rubbers to use but never did,just an idea if they don't dye etc.
Love that colour performer ...going to be a great build mate...replicas aren't as easy to build as some people think,personally i think they are the hardest thing to build....good luck with it Pete.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 08:30 AM by JAY »

bmxer4ever

Eddies Handles?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 01:03 PM »
Are "Eddies Handles" rear platforms, like the white ones he has on this bike, hard to get hold of? Are they a rare and sought after part?

teamsano

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 07:15 PM »
im pretty sure i have the gt powerdisk like on that bike.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  photos of fiolas 85 red performer

gfxgfx
gfx gfx