gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975536 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 12:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Help I.D this newschool please,,
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help I.D this newschool please,,  (Read 19880 times)

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Help I.D this newschool please,,
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 07:33 PM »
well looks like me macniel i had aswell as me fbm
macniel

and fbm

perry

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 07:49 PM »
the macneil ( im guessing ruben ? ) has a different seatstay junction and the chainstays join at too shallow an angle

the fbm is chainstay brakes but very similar  :) got a pic of the bottom bracket area ?

your house has allllll the toys  :)

zed4130

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 07:50 PM »
I thought the same as you perry about the forks, as the drop outs do look shorter on SaM  :daumenhoch: ill see if i can find a older 2hip to compair,

perry

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 07:55 PM »

SaMAlex

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 08:09 PM »
whip the stem off and see how the top of the forks are.

S&M forks have a round nut welded in the stear tube, about 10mm down from the top. It comes with a simple bolt (about m8) and they are often hollow (although you can only just get a cable down there).

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2008, 08:14 PM »
sadly both have been sold off so no bottom bracket picts
and yes my kids do have to many toys
theres not enuf room to ride in the garden now lol

zed4130

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2008, 08:21 PM »
whip the stem off and see how the top of the forks are.

S&M forks have a round nut welded in the stear tube, about 10mm down from the top. It comes with a simple bolt (about m8) and they are often hollow (although you can only just get a cable down there).

cheers alex, ill try and pop over to his tommorow and have a look ,  :daumenhoch:

darkersomeday

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2008, 10:10 PM »
fit series 1?

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008, 11:36 PM »
got a couple of feelings on this! took me bloody ages and can't find any pics to backit up. but, i first got the feeling of either federal division or nation. definately one of the early ones! the more outrageous thought is a pashley. used the wishbone and gusset on there frames but can't remember what the stays look like!

two things that may help is the frame weight and toptube length!

zed4130

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2008, 09:49 AM »
 ??? i did think it could be a fit joe, but the seatstays dont go over to the tt , like a fit frame, C.B the only feds ive found have the brakes on the chainstay, i havnt any pics of a pashley ,  :daumenhoch:  thanks guys

perry

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2008, 10:31 AM »
right then  ;D

federal hamilton , has conventional chainstays , cable guide isnt near enough to the headtube

fit van homan signature , has reinforced headtube , no cable guide ( just a stop ) seatstays join the seattube too far forward , gusset is too large

fit series 1 , same discrepancies as the homan

note how the gusset wraps around too much of the downtube

federal nation , its not a federal nation lol

federals changed each year and they did change to seatsay brakes when peoples chainrings got smaller

federal division , toptube gussets

pashley 20mhz , its just not lol

kye had a signature pashley , i remember it as i rode with him a few times and it had built in chain tensioners , also dylan clayton had a signature ( dark cyde ) which from memory had v brakes ?

its allllll in the details  :(

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2008, 10:36 AM »
Now i thought we'd have had enough new skool lads on here to have this put this one away by now....

Props to perry for doing all the homework. i thought it was a pashley.

perry

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2008, 10:43 AM »
i can see where everyone see its a certain frame from each detail but every one has another that shows it isnt

an old mate of mine was just as fanatical about the ever so slight differences in parts we would bore our fellow riders whenever we saw another bike as we would compare specs until we were happy with what we thought it was

" im saying kink "

" nope the dropout is 5mm too long "

" ahhh "

:2funny:

trouble was from about 2000 - 2006 they were pretty much the same and nearly allll black lol

we knew what each part was in each video and magazine , we were nutters lol

im still leaning towards an older 2hip

zed4130

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2008, 11:03 AM »
WOW thabks for all that perry mate, i know how much agro it is doing pics, this is a right hard one, i originaly though dk 6pack, as i had one and looked the same, but as you say it all the little bits, i noticed the extra cable guide , i thought the holes might help, as there is 2 under the brake bridge, as you say perry, between 2000 and 06 there all abit the same,  :-\  thanks again mate,   :daumenhoch:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2008, 11:05 AM »
Perry on this old skool site, we revel in those slight differences  :daumenhoch:

perry

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2008, 11:19 AM »
 :)

it seems to be from the early 2000s which is where my knowledge is best , so it annoys me that i cat just say its a ---  -----  :'(

DKs have biggers dropouts  ;) thought of those too

i feel sorry for the people who will be doing this in 5 or ten years time , theres little to no documentation on companys stuff on the internet now so in the future itl be even harder to tell what an unstickered black frame is  >:(

each year the bmx industry forgets about its older stuff  :'(

i cant find any information on the quantitys of the terrible one signature bikes or any info whatsoever on the metal burmas , its hard work scouring old mags that have little to no information in them

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2008, 11:22 AM »
just bin it Paul......it's a POS!   ;)

zed4130

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2008, 11:30 AM »
just bin it Paul......it's a POS!   ;)

:LolLolLolLol:  too be honest justin just would love to know what it is, he wants to get stickers for it etc, but its no easy task this, maybe impossible , funny though , just shows you ,you could sticker something up from that era and even now as what you want   :LolLolLolLol: so shall we make it a fit serries 1 then  ;) looks kinda like one   :LolLolLolLol:

perry

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2008, 11:51 AM »
mightaswell  ;D if our many years cant work out exactly what it is then the average 14 year old down the skatepark wont be any the wiser  :2funny:

would be good to get a toptube/chainstay measurement and when its stripped down for paint get a look at the blow holes in the headtube and bottom bracket

rub some of the white off and see if the blacks paint or powder  :)

lets not mention what the bars might be  :2funny: :-X

no matter what it is he has paid a tenth of the price of the front hub alone  8)

its going to be an great trail bike  :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2008, 02:24 PM »
mightaswell  ;D if our many years cant work out exactly what it is then the average 14 year old down the skatepark wont be any the wiser  :2funny:

would be good to get a toptube/chainstay measurement and when its stripped down for paint get a look at the blow holes in the headtube and bottom bracket

rub some of the white off and see if the blacks paint or powder  :)

lets not mention what the bars might be  :2funny: :-X

no matter what it is he has paid a tenth of the price of the front hub alone  8)

its going to be an great trail bike  :daumenhoch:

:daumenhoch: cheers perry, sadly it probably wont hit the trails that often,  :-\  ive asked if he can come out to play on sunday , but i dont think he will be alowed out  ::)

perry

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2008, 02:47 PM »
course he wont , hell be tooo busy stripping it down and painting it  ;D

zed4130

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2008, 02:54 PM »
course he wont , hell be tooo busy stripping it down and painting it  ;D

he hasnt finnished the curtis, and he's had that for months , his missis keeps on at him about finishing the diy around the house   :LolLolLolLol:

perry

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2008, 03:05 PM »
is that old curtis bmx or new curtis mtb ?

i always wanted one but couldnt justify £500 on a frame t45 or not lol my old trailstar did me fine

zed4130

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2008, 03:58 PM »
is that old curtis bmx or new curtis mtb ?

i always wanted one but couldnt justify £500 on a frame t45 or not lol my old trailstar did me fine

its a OS bmx perry, ill post pics one day when its done, i will be about 80 by then   :LolLolLolLol:

nouseforaname

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2008, 07:10 PM »
Some Mongoose completes had frame numbers starting with HAM I think maybe 2-3 years back. The problem with identifying most new school stuff is that its all so similar it's hard to tell different companies stuff apart these days. Those forks look very similar to what came on the Mongoose Legion 2007 but that was orange and you say this one was probably black originally.

To conclude: I've been no help whatsoever  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Help I.D this newschool please,,

gfxgfx
gfx gfx