gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 08:59 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  High or low seats ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: High or low seats ?  (Read 5608 times)

darkersomeday

Re: High or low seats ?
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2008, 10:43 AM »
i recomend xlite

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/X-Lite-X-Lite-Clikon-Seat-Post-rrp-56-99-1-2-price_W0QQitemZ300213019578QQihZ020QQcategoryZ22693QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thats about the worst post i've ever used :daumenhoch:

the whole head assembley will come loose and the only means of tightening it is a soft alloy hex bolt :(
the carriers are too small for 8mm rails too,

x-lite, pretty but shite :daumenhoch:

perry

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2008, 11:27 AM »
change the bolts

drill/file out the rails for 9mm

but i always use road/mtb seats so no problem for me  ;D

theres ringle and use too but most of those are 27.2 any suggestions for 25.4 joe ?

anyone remember the odyssey robo clamp that was just a wedge like a stem that could be put on any post ?

darkersomeday

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2008, 11:47 AM »
change the bolts

drill/file out the rails for 9mm

but i always use road/mtb seats so no problem for me  ;D

theres ringle and use too but most of those are 27.2 any suggestions for 25.4 joe ?

anyone remember the odyssey robo clamp that was just a wedge like a stem that could be put on any post ?

the bolt that holds the clamp assembly to the post is soft alloy and loctited, it round in like 2 seconds.

i actually did drill out the carriers yesterday am to fit an s&m small logo seat, its going on my rat-bike :daumenhoch:

i only know of the thomson thats super long and 25.4, u.s.e made their alien post in 25.0 and  theres the ringle like you mentioned :daumenhoch:

those robo-clamps pop up ont bay every now and again,
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 11:53 AM by darkersomeday »

perry

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2008, 11:50 AM »
i recomend xlite

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/X-Lite-X-Lite-Clikon-Seat-Post-rrp-56-99-1-2-price_W0QQitemZ300213019578QQihZ020QQcategoryZ22693QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thats about the worst post i've ever used :daumenhoch:

the whole head assembley will come loose and the only means of tightening it is a soft alloy hex bolt :(
the carriers are too small for 8mm rails too,

x-lite, pretty but shite :daumenhoch:

i can quote too  ;D

subversion

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2008, 01:44 PM »
FF has a selection of longer seat posts for some inspiration/ideas:

http://www.flatlandfuel.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=19

zed4130

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2008, 02:45 PM »
I rode to work last night, it was so much easyer with the higher saddle, infact i can just about pedal in the seat  :daumenhoch: and coming home after the night shift it was much better, although i was going to go down the jumps, but as a nob i put too much presure in my front tire, and yep it was popping off  :-\ so i had to ride home  :'( oh well just hope its nice sunday  :daumenhoch: my mate across the road might be coming out on his nuschool, you know the one we cant work out what it is   :LolLolLolLol:  he has been buying ride magazine, so yep he has cut his post right down,  ::)  i like the look of a short post, but practicaly higher is easyer, i remember some riders doing the cin ride with slammed seats  :shocked: ouch, ive rode a few miles like this, and that was enough ,and yes joe you are a fashion whore   :LolLolLolLol: but i can see the point in slamming, and if i could just put my bike in the back of a car, and take it to parks etc then i might slam mine, but also like dingo i use mine to balance,

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  High or low seats ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx