gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 03:57 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  what 2 get into racing!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: what 2 get into racing!  (Read 599 times)

T-BOMB

what 2 get into racing!
« on: August 10, 2008, 10:42 PM »
hi, i'm new to this game and really need some help getting started. first thing i need to sort out is a bike not sure what to go for any advise on a decent first bike i wont grow out off to quick? is there as much 24" racing as 20" racing? not sure what to go for! what should i be looking to spend brand new/secondhand?

any advise would be mega.

cheers

toby

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: what 2 get into racing!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 11:24 PM »
 :) Hi Toby,

First off,how tall are you? Also most meets have cruiser racing so no worries on that score.Buying second hand means you can get a higher spec bike than a new `un for the same/less money.Plenty of brands to go for-Redline,SE Racing,Haro,Kuwahara,Supercross choice goes on & on!   

moley

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 12:19 PM »
How old are you Toby?

If your a crinkly then you might want to try OS Racing.

Its competitive and friendly and more suited for the Older rider trying to get into the sport after Decades out of BMX!!!

:daumenhoch:

T-BOMB

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 12:56 PM »
i'm 24 and about 5.8" been riding/racing moutainbikes for year but bmx looks so fun!
think i need a bike with a fairly slack head angle more like what i'm used to!

cheers toby

moley

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 01:24 PM »
Your a young un and not too tall either!!!

I'd have a go at 20"!!

NS race bikes have longer TT's and better geometry so they are a lot more forgiving than any OS BMX.

Cruisers are easier and more suited to your MTB skills though.

Most tracks have practice days and they usually have loaners so that you can try then out!!

Pop along and have a go!!

And try 'em both out!!! :daumenhoch:

kdubbmx

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 12:04 AM »
Cruiser class is more 'beginner friendly' & closer to riding the mtb (size wise)

Diego

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 09:35 PM »
I agree. I went from DH to 20 inch bmx and found it a real struggle.My advice is go 24 inch or even a 26 inch bmx but that may be to big for some tracks.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  what 2 get into racing!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx