gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975594 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 05, 2024, 05:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Progression
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Progression  (Read 5411 times)

yoda

Progression
« on: August 11, 2005, 11:10 AM »
After seeing Bestwicks Double whip flair I was thinking it would be a while before anything impressed me as much but then ........Morgan Wade 360 flip handplant thingy..courtesy of Ride USA

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Progression
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 11:35 AM »
Morgan Wade 360 flip handplant thingy..

that sounds pretty damn mad

things seem to be getting stupid these days, would like to see video of him doing it.

loosenut

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 12:01 PM »
morgan wade is nuts. matt, get the mag if you can, it has a sequence of him doing this trick.

has anyone seen the pics of him in the latest uk RIDE? tailwhip off the top of a massive wall, pulling some ridiculously high air on a quarter and trying a curved wallride to flair out!

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 12:50 PM »
yeah have seen latest ride uk, he is nuts. will try and get hold of ride usa then.

theRuler

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 08:40 AM »
i remember seeing pics of "crazy" eric steele doing handplants nigh on 20 years ago

yoda

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 09:04 AM »
Fair point...I remember him trying them at just about every comp I saw him at too.  Thing is Morgan is doing a different variation of the trick and nailing it consistently

theRuler

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 10:18 AM »
the only thing eric was nailing was his face

props for trying it though

and them "no handed ariels" he did!

yoda

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 10:36 AM »
Hahaha yeah Eric used to nail himself big time....he was a really nice bloke too, anyone know what he's up too these days?

loosenut

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 12:33 PM »
this is eric at alfreton in the 80s. i think he fell off this one pretty good too.

lushbmx

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 05:51 PM »

sig trick bike flip over a cut out willy,

amazing twist nose dive

same shit differnt angle

we like morgan wade very much :)

yoda

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2005, 07:23 PM »
Yeah nice one..........Like I said Progression!!!!!

WizardWeb

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2005, 09:19 AM »
I have to say that Morgan Wade has impressed me the most. A lot of the guys that are in the mags now are good, don't get me wrong, but Morgan is sending progression into new areas. It kind of reminds me of the time you'd pick up an American mag in the 80's and see the new tricks.

Remember the first time you saw pics of Mike D doing a can can, Hoffman doing a Flair, Kevin Jones doing a backpacker? Wades bike flip had the same "Wow" effect on me. You just don't get that with a lot of riders who are always in the mags doing turndowns, wall rides, grinds etc. It's good to see something different.  8)

tailwhip540gimp

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2005, 03:59 PM »
Scotty Cranmer pulls a cross-footed 3 whip over a spine in the new us ride! :o

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2005, 08:18 PM »
i know wot you mean by progression my 2 1/2 year old boy was doing jumps of a getho jump i made for him
in the back garden the other night .just gotta get in to load on putfile to show ya all
he see some one do a tree ride on extreme today and wants to find a tree to ride .its all he's said for hours me ride tree .i can see me spending many a hour in casualty lol

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Progression

gfxgfx
gfx gfx