gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 10:00 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Old School no longer recognized by BCF?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old School no longer recognized by BCF?  (Read 9067 times)

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Old School no longer recognized by BCF?
« on: October 22, 2009, 02:28 PM »
I't mentions at the Brits, but surely as this is a regional qualification event it means at region level as well ?      :-\

http://www.bmxtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25418

Not too sure about the following comment : -

"Old Skool will be dropped as a competitive class due to a mixed response from regions. The format was more successful in previous years when it was run as a charity event" 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 02:36 PM by Haro82 »

moomin

Re: Old School no longer recognized by BCF?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 02:54 PM »
It's a real shame that Old School can draw a class the size that it did at the Brits and still be kicked out but i think this is more because of low attendance in some regions.  A real shame when one of those regions is re forming an old school committee to try and gee up support.  I dont think BC really appreciate what old school has brought to the sport in terms of returning riders and the new kids they bring in but if that's what has been decided then thats the way it is  :'(

In all honesty in the South i can see a return to the Home of Old School that is Hersden for our series, always draws a nice crowd and good fun every time  :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 03:02 PM »
 :( Screw the Feds.OS will always be welcome at RVR. :daumenhoch:

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 03:07 PM »
I think it is more the case of some people just don't like it. I don't see many people entering 9-12 year old cruiser class (for instance) at regionals but they have not dropped that. There was someone at that meeting that just does not agree with OS racing. Deffo. 

A little bit short sighted though I think. How many people have raced old school to get back into it, moved up into other catagories and brought along their kids to race etc..   

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 03:10 PM »
it sounds like its just the brits, and it may be due to peeps complaining about peeps switchin to o/s for the brits for the glory n then goin back to their usual classes. just a thought

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 03:13 PM »
it sounds like its just the brits, and it may be due to peeps complaining about peeps switchin to o/s for the brits for the glory n then goin back to their usual classes. just a thought

You talkin about me  :LolLolLolLol:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 03:14 PM »
THEY AINT BEEN UP NORTH THEN

THE BIGGEST CLASS BY FAR AND WITH A BIT OF ENCOURAGMENT SURE OTHER REGIONS WILL START TO GET MORE RIDERS,,,HELL ROTHERHAM FOR 1 IS CLOSER TO US NORTH EAST LOT THAN PRESTON/COPPULL AND CREWE SO I THINK A BIT OF INTER REGION NEGOTIATIONS ARE IN ORDER HERE,,,,LIKE HAVE PROPER  TRIPS TO MIDLAND RACES OR DO THE MIDLANDS IF NORTH AINT ON OR WHAT THE HELL TRAVEL SOUTH AND GET A SLICE OF NIKKI,S PIE

WE CANT LET THIS HAPPEN REALLY AS ITS TAKEN OFF BIG STYLE UP HERE,,,,  A YEAR AGO I WAS AT THE TOP BUT AS RIDERS HAVE COME ON SO MUCH I CAN NOW SAY THERE IS AT LEAT 2 GATES AS FAST AS ME,,NOT SAYING IM THAT FAST LIKE,,BUT ALL THE RIDERS HAVE COME ON SO MUCH AND THE OLD SCHOOL CLASS IS BY FAR THE MOST ENTERTAINING TO WATCH,EVERYONE LOOKS FORWARD TO IT

I REALLY THINK IT IS TIME NOW TO TRY ALL OUR BEST TO SUPPORT THE OTHER REGIONS ,,,HAVE ROAD TRIPS DOWN SOUTH FOR A START,,I CAN GET 3 IN MY CAR ,SO IF HALF A DOZEN CARS GO WITH 3 RIDERS IN EACH THERES 2 FULL GATES AND MORE PLUS IT WILL BE RACING NEW BLOOD,,,IT WAS BRILL THAT TIME AT CREW WHEN CROUCH,GLEN AND PAUL CAME UP WAS  A REET LAFF

THERES MY  TEN PENITH   WAT YE SAY LADS N LASSES

OH YEH JUST BEEN FOR A HEART SCAN AND ITS REALLY GOOD NEWS ,,,NO PROBS WITH IT SO WITH THE MEDICATION I AM NOW ON I WILL BE BACK ON GATE SOON

RUSS

moomin

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 03:15 PM »
There was someone at that meeting that just does not agree with OS racing. Deffo. 

A little bit short sighted though I think. How many people have raced old school to get back into it, moved up into other catagories and brought along their kids to race etc..   

Hammer, nail and head comes to mind  :daumenhoch:

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 03:15 PM »

Yep  :LolLolLolLol:

Sounds like they will be ok with a charity OS race so could be worst!

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 03:21 PM »

:LolLolLolLol: no dude, absolutely not, and also, it doesnt bother me in the least, the non mixin of motos at every meet bothers me more than anything else, bcs are gettin registration money n licence money and the riders are not getting a true indication of competence at the end of the season due to non random gates, i have been in motos that were far better stacked than the resulting A finals, so i just turn up n enjoy it now and gauge my own progression, after feeling fleeced :LolLolLolLol:

dialledbikes

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 03:32 PM »
I think they should keep OS in the Brits even if the regions (e.g. South and EA) don't have enough OS riders to make a class at regionals.

There'll still be people who want to race 2 classes at the Brits (i.e. old school and cruiser).

Though they now have a 40+ 20" class, so even if they did have old school at the Brits next year I would probably do that instead of old school.

Those of you who want old school at the Brits should contact BCF and lodge your disapproval.  After all, the decision to drop OS was made by the unelected Commission, not by riders.  Almost 30 riders competed at the Brits this year.

moley

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 03:51 PM »

:LolLolLolLol: no dude, absolutely not, and also, it doesnt bother me in the least, the non mixin of motos at every meet bothers me more than anything else, bcs are gettin registration money n licence money and the riders are not getting a true indication of competence at the end of the season due to non random gates, i have been in motos that were far better stacked than the resulting A finals, so i just turn up n enjoy it now and gauge my own progression, after feeling fleeced :LolLolLolLol:

The Ladies at Preston were hoping to get the computer sorted soon so that they can do the registration on computer.  So that means Random gates will be back.    At the moment they have the PC but no one knows how to do it!! :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 03:53 PM »

The Ladies at Preston were hoping to get the computer sorted soon so that they can do the registration on computer.  So that means Random gates will be back.    At the moment they have the PC but no one knows how to do it!! :daumenhoch:

cool :daumenhoch:, i take it aaaaaall back :angel:

moley

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 03:57 PM »
Daz,  I know its shite to be in a stacked moto!!

When I started OS every moto was stacked!!  :LolLolLolLol:

I just had a rant on BMX talk!!

http://www.bmxtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=214598#p214598

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 04:02 PM »

Good reply Ian, thanks for the mention  :yahoo_silent:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 04:06 PM »
Daz,  I know its shite to be in a stacked moto!!

When I started OS every moto was stacked!!  :LolLolLolLol:

I just had a rant on BMX talk!!

http://www.bmxtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=214598#p214598

nicely put :daumenhoch:

the stacked motos thing, is more in regards to putting off new riders, the new lads at preston had a mixed bag and rode well, hats off to em, but unmixed motos could have easily intimidatted riders into not venturing out again.

moley

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 04:11 PM »

No worries!!    :D

I agree Daz!!  But its the same for other classes too.   For back markers in a stacked class can be quite soul destroying.  For Middle order riders its annoying as they know they can never get to the A final.   For Top riders it must be bad too.   If your stuck with creme de la creme and you come 5th every time and the other motos have less talent then the final can be made up of the best 4 riders and 4 middle order riders.   With some top riders missing out!!

Hopefully they will sort it soon!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 04:22 PM »

No worries!!    :D

I agree Daz!!  But its the same for other classes too.   For back markers in a stacked class can be quite soul destroying.  For Middle order riders its annoying as they know they can never get to the A final.   For Top riders it must be bad too.   If your stuck with creme de la creme and you come 5th every time and the other motos have less talent then the final can be made up of the best 4 riders and 4 middle order riders.   With some top riders missing out!!

Hopefully they will sort it soon!!  :daumenhoch:

who cares about other classes? :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 04:48 PM »
Nice to see the BC asking its members what they want at the brits  :tickedoff:

As with most committee’s foook what the members want lets do what we want............ :Aresehole:

So they drop old school as a competitive class at the brits…does that mean we will still have to pay our Gold “Blood Money” membership to race regonals…. Just so people can compete in an “exhibition race” but lets call it a charity race

Tell you what if you want charity then for every regional O/S race all the money that was supposed to go into the BCF pocket (for doing F all for grass roots BMX) why not give that to charity as well……..

In others words is the BCF going to laugh at the old schoolers as they dry but fook us

:rant:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

moley

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 05:03 PM »
Nice rant PJ!!  :daumenhoch:

But I HOPE most of the race fees go into region coffers!!

There were 18 riders at this years brits and all 18 had to qualify (5 races)!!

How many riders were there in the previous Brits Charity races?

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 05:13 PM by Haro82 »

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 05:17 PM »
What peee's me off Ian is there are people (such as yourself) who put in tonnes of effort in to make the O/S series what it is........well attended and exciting to watch, after all most of the dads that take there kids to race are our age so they can appreciate what were doing.....

Then you get these, well for the sake of not wanting to offend I'll refer to them as lady's front bum's....make a ruling without consulting the people who are living and breathing o/s racing....

I don't normally get pee'd off by things like this, but when people's hard work is just pissed all over by a bunch of MTB/Road Racing/Velodrome committee members who at there hearts really see BMX as an exhibition sport...............I winds me up

An old saying....committee's take minutes...........and waste hours

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 05:20 PM »

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/Bridge/calendar_results.asp?evt_cp=2&evt_mode=2&evt_id=%7B17F2C1F2-860B-4A8E-9F49-B2DC92E07228%7D&evt_seriesid=&evt_myevents=No&RefID=&RefType=&evt_year=2008&evt_month=Any&evt_kw=&evt_regions=All+Regions&evt_disc=BMX&evt_class=&evt_cat=&evt_series=&evt_resultspp=40

If it's not recognized then I'm sure it will be like a novice class and all the race fees go to the club running the race  I think. 

I would love that at least the funds would go to where they are needed...............but can anyone see the BCF giving their funds over to the local clubs  :LolLolLolLol:

That would be like...putting the money where its needed...and that would be daft  :uglystupid2:

NOT

moley

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2009, 05:41 PM »

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2009, 05:50 PM »
Liked your last line Moley...hummmm wait for the responces  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Old School no longer recognized by BCF?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx