gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 08:49 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Old School no longer recognized by BCF?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old School no longer recognized by BCF?  (Read 9066 times)

moley

Re: Old School no longer recognized by BCF?
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2009, 06:10 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

moomin

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2009, 07:10 PM »
Daz,  I know its shite to be in a stacked moto!!

When I started OS every moto was stacked!!  :LolLolLolLol:

I just had a rant on BMX talk!!

http://www.bmxtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=214598#p214598

Ian,

Thanks for putting the O/S perspective across so diplomatically and explaining some of the southern problems, i don't think i could have been so diplomatic TBH

What really annoys me is that the class has been dropped because some people in the south have got the hump when the shit has been stirred.  At the end of the day the O/S in the south paid full expert race fees for winter and summer series before with absolutely no friggin trophy or reward from the region and it gets dumped :rant:

We appreciate your support of Tony, we certainly have had some shit times and it's taken us longer to recover as a family financially than we ever thought which is largely what has held us back but NO MORE, despite Tone being redundant we're gonna bloody fight this.

Braintree Winter Regional this weekend, hope some of you can join us and make sure that even if we race 30+ we make our presence felt :daumenhoch:  Anyone that needs a lift/can offer one please get in touch, lets stand tall and proud and bring back Old School in the South and East Anglia  >:D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 09:34 PM by RATTY »

kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 08:07 PM »
BC disapproval well & truely lodged........right where the sun will definately not shine. This is another perfect example of what happens when the people who participate in the sport have very little representaion in it's development. I'd be intrigued as to how many ex racers/organisers are actually involved in the decisions of OUR sport.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 09:53 PM »
I feel as though BCF have mugged us,
 they were very aware of all the work that was put into getting the OS a recognized class.
They allowed us to in only to insist we had silver licenses, but also didn't want to supply us with plates or trophies, Talk about cake and eat it!!!
The old school brought so much new blood into the sport, much needed blood as well.
I just don't understand why BCF have taken this decision, what do BCF have against us?
The old school brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to our sport.
The OS have also taken to helping out trackside, indeed one track in the south have had 3 committee chairmen in a row who have come back to the sport via old school.
The south has taken a knock after I got ill and the organizers fell out.
But there is still a large old school following not just in the south but also in other regions.
To deny the OS the chance to race is a very badly thought out move.
I urge BCF to rethink this decision, it could be very damaging to our sport, not just in the short term as well, the old schoolers children make up a chunk of the new talent emerging from the sport.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 09:58 PM by RATTY »
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2009, 10:30 PM »
Tony spot on bud  :daumenhoch:

But I for one beleve that the BCF will never listen to the people involved in O/S racing or who people care about o/s..........all they'll want to do is take our money and shaft us

I hope they proove me wrong............I'd be a happy man
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

moley

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2009, 10:34 PM »
I've just had another rant on BMX Talk!!  :D

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2009, 10:47 PM »
Go on Molster......... :daumenhoch:

moomin

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2009, 11:20 PM »
Ian,

On the post on talk............... I love you

Stand up for O/S

I just love you, end of  :4_17_5:

Cotty

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2009, 11:32 PM »
When I had to almost sell my soul to the BCF to be able to race oldschool this year Mr L... (cant remember his name, but Mr Wilbrahams gaffer) he told me that old school would be dropped after this year (at the Brits) as numbers were dwindling and not worth running with.

pity really seeing as the North is certainly growing in numbers

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2009, 11:37 PM »
I was talking to Roger Wilbraham at the Brits and he said he was dropping the O/S from the Brits then  ???

he's deffo not a lover of it ,, I don't think he feels the love for it  :idiot2:

Does this mean It goes back to how it was in 2007 , just a licence and no silver membership  ;)

I bet they still want paying for that  ;D

Don't want owt to do with it on one hand ,,, but hang on a minute you can contribute to all the other trophies and the big event

One of his comments actually was " the more flaming classes we have it's more trophies to give out "  

:wtf: How much is a poxy trophy about a fifth of the price to pay to race at the Brits  ;D

Their loss hopefully ,

North region ,MK and a couple of inter regionals will do just dandy for me

moley

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2009, 08:51 AM »
The main point is.....

If your paying your FULL Regional race fees and have to buy the Silver BCF Membership (just like everyone else) then you should be allowed to race at the Brits.

OS generates as much dosh as any other class (infact probably one of the top earners) in the North and Scottish region and we're shafted by BCF.

They say it was not as successful as the previous Charity races which is bullshit.   For the previous Charity Races you didn't have to qualify for it (I think) and the turnout was only 2 riders down on the previous year and all riders had to race at least 5 regionals which in turn generates money.

I wonder just how much money BCF make out of regionals?  ???

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2009, 09:08 AM »
So with no Brits final will the BCF make the O/S series a novice class ?

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2009, 09:49 AM »

Not too sure about that because there are rules about how long you can stay a novice for, i.e. so many wins then you move up to expert.   It would have to be an 'exhibition' race that each club would have to agree to put on , a bit like at the circus when they bring on the clowns to entertain everyone in the interval  ;) 

moley

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2009, 10:04 AM »
..........a bit like at the circus when they bring on the clowns to entertain everyone in the interval  ;) 

Are you racing OS again Andy?   ;D

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2009, 10:19 AM »

Not too sure about that because there are rules about how long you can stay a novice for, i.e. so many wins then you move up to expert.   It would have to be an 'exhibition' race that each club would have to agree to put on , a bit like at the circus when they bring on the clowns to entertain everyone in the interval  ;) 

If that was the case I bet the "lady's front bums" at the BCF would still want there BCF Silver "Funds towards our expenses account" membership :tickedoff:

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2009, 10:24 AM »
..........a bit like at the circus when they bring on the clowns to entertain everyone in the interval  ;) 

Are you racing OS again Andy?   ;D

:LolLolLolLol:      :knuppel2:

JD_76

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2009, 10:36 AM »
Its a shame when a minority make a decision that affects a majority in a negative way.

Us old skoolers should just knuckle down and carry on racing and growing the class, that would be the best way to show the BCF how wrong they are.

All sports have a heritage and BMX is no different, this decision was made by individuals who clearly were not informed about the full facts of O/S racing.

What we need is to get a magazine like fastlane to do a piece on O/S racing, who races, the bikes, what its all about and what it means for the sport.

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2009, 10:47 AM »
A shame that BC have taken this decision.  I can't agree with the grumble about another class meaning more trophies.  Just look at the additional classes that have been created for 2010 by splitting many of the expert classes into fairer individual age groups.  Surely a class pays for it's own trophies throughout the course of a season anyway?  :idiot2:

I was disappointed at the poor (for oldschool) turnout at the Brits.  Don't know why this was, maybe a bit far for people to travel, maybe some were worried it would be full of sandbaggers spoiling the fun, who knows?  I was pleased to see that the oldschool class was only raced by riders who have supported the class and there were no sandbaggers.  Despite the poor turnout I know for a fact that a profit would have been made on the trophies provided to Oldschool.  I know the cost of those trophies that were presented, and even first place is cheaper than the cost of registration.

I understand people's passion about getting oldschool recognised as a 'proper' class, but let's not forget what a great annual event MK is.  To my mind it will always represent what Oldschool racing is to us all, far better that the Brits ever will.  There are a few questions that now need answering, regarding how Oldschool will now be integrated into the Regional scene, but let's not get too worked up about it.  I'm sure the Regions will still welcome us to their races.  They will have to alter their pricing structure for us though, if we're not getting the full benefits associated with every other class.  I can't see the North Region wanting to turn down race fees from 30 regular oldschool riders at each round, and this decision certainly won't affect what goes on in Scotland  :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2009, 10:52 AM »
Well said Kenny!!  :daumenhoch:

kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2009, 12:31 PM »
Oh well, seems like there's not a great deal ANYONE can do about the situation. Charming, only been back 3 months & being forced to race another class. I will race old school wherever & whenever it's possible BUT.........it won't be happening if BC still want me to fork out for membership/licensing etc for my efforts not to be recognised noooo way  :yahoo_silent:
I think the idea (not mine) of generating funds throughout the season toward trophies like at the southern champs is a good idea. At least OS will still be there for people to see, we'll still have our stage & that stage will be our two fingered salute to BC when the other classes look on in envy at the trophies presented to the class they tried to throw away.  :rant:

medved

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2009, 12:53 PM »
why not have an unrecognised (by BCF) old skool championship?

essentially we still do all the regionals that would be done and then have a seaon ending old skool only event.  this can be our brits and the BCF can see just how successful it really can be.

hold it somewhere closer to the north and we get also of them as riders too

moomin

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2009, 01:29 PM »
My idea was to run a charity event like we have done before, charge the same entry fee as the Brits (£25), put £15 per entry into the charity pot and the other £10 goes towards trophies/plates etc.  I've priced up trophies similar to those given out at the Southern Champs and we can do 1st to 8th for approx £280.00.  Need 28 entries to cover it but i reckon we can do it, or alternatively run an Old School Brits at Rad Bash with the same entries/prizes etc  :daumenhoch:  So long as we get pre entries to cover the cost i dont see why it cant be done  :daumenhoch:

proclass35

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2009, 01:52 PM »
I've just had my rant on bmxtalk (I'm finnbob on there). I need to sit down now and have a sweet cup of tea......

moomin

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2009, 01:59 PM »
My latest offering on Talk

I think what we'll do in the South is keep paying BCF for membership for a class we cant race at the Brits (the culmination of the regionals sport you want O/S to support). We'll keep paying expert fees as we did back in the previous years and get sod all in return, i think we could all Tattoo MUG on our foreheads as well

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2009, 02:18 PM »
I've just had my rant on bmxtalk (I'm finnbob on there). I need to sit down now and have a sweet cup of tea......

Nice one Jamie, thanks for backing me up  :daumenhoch:

That UB really p*ssed me off, they are so short sighted and blinkered it's unbelievable. I'm not even going to be racing any OS next year so why should I let it bother me but that UB comment about 'giving it a rest, think of the future'  what a load of condescending b*llocks. 

And another point they say it worked better as a charity race, are they saying they will still allow it as that. I didn't go the year before. How did it work?   
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 02:21 PM by Haro82 »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Old School no longer recognized by BCF?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx