gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 06:59 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Old School no longer recognized by BCF?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old School no longer recognized by BCF?  (Read 9065 times)

proclass35

Re: Old School no longer recognized by BCF?
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2009, 04:10 PM »
In my view, as a spectator, it wasn't as good as this year Andy. And when it's sold as a 'charity' race it isn't taken seriously- your comment about 'bringing the clowns out' in the break is valid here.

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2009, 06:27 PM »
Lytham St Annes November 2007...

4 of us on the gate...

Preston October 2009...

27 of us line up on the gate...

I raced in 2008 at the Brits and loved every minute of it... I was racing at the BRITISH BMX Championships...

I was absolutely gutted when I couldn't make it this year and now I read this... it feels like a right kick in the spuds for all the guys who travel up and down the North of England, paying license fees and race fees only to be told that we aint deserving of a place at the BRITS... its stinks.

I've added my two penneth to the thread... but will this thread actually make its way to those who can the ckind of decision needed to re-instate Old Skool...

moomin

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2009, 07:35 PM »
I dont even think they're interested or bothered Dave.

I spoke to Bill today about holding an Old School Brits at MK same entry etc and he said it looks a good idea  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2009, 09:20 PM »
excellent points made on Talk Dave....

but as Nicky said they wont be bothered, we all know who would have put the boot in....

OS - We are Millwall......

Agree lets go underground....

Sod em.

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2009, 09:46 PM »
I said all along that MK is where our Oldschool racing finale belongs.  MK is our BMX version of the Goodwood Festival of Speed (or lack thereof!  ::)) with some fantastic bike displays and some racing fun thrown in for good measure.  It's our annual meet where like-minded folk can get together and celebrate everything oldschool.  Who wants to be where no-one wants us?  If I had to choose whether I could race my oldschool bike at the Brits or MK it would be MK every time.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2009, 10:10 PM »
BC Commission members Phil Townsend (East Anglia), Carole Gosling (South but never saw her at meetings in all my years there), Pete Phillips (South West), Tony Luckhurst (South), Grant White (??), Roger Wilbraham  (??), Euan Goodman (East Anglia).  Dwindling numbers and little support in EA and South and no class ran in 2009 in SW so the voting was stacked against approval somewhat from the outset.  Rad the comments here and the best you can hope for is that the class will still have a place at Regionals but personally can't see why entrants should need to hold a BC membership if it's not a Brits category, ie. it must therefore be akin to Novices.  The alternative Brits race at MK is best offering so far and would be the jewel in the crown for the class if you can pull it off with a huge turnout of riders entering for it.  Call it the Open British Championship so no-one has to qualify to take part but you would have the opportunity to lay down some basic rules of your own regarding bike eligibility, rider age, etc. and then take it away to a successful event.  Good luck.  Humps

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2009, 10:45 PM »
I say we reform ukbmx
A long time ago, in a land far away!

dialledbikes

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2009, 11:47 PM »
Get in the faces of BC and the Commission and fight for your class.  I rarely race old school and now they have a 40+ 20" I would do that at the Brits if I wanted to race 2 classes.

However, you guys who have created old school racing and worked hard to run series', etc have been shat on by BC and the Commission.  Who the hell do they think they are to take your class away and deprive you of riding what you want to ride?  It doesn't help that most of the people on the Commission aren't ex-riders.  Mostly parents, not riders.  They have never experienced the feeling one gets when lining up on the gate and racing against 7 other people, so of course it's easy for them to hit the delete button on the old school class because it's not really their sport, just something they govern because their kids race/raced.  I'm not saying they're bad people, just that they don't see things from a rider's perspective, hence many decisions which suit them but not riders.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2009, 11:59 PM »
Well what I`d do is ride my old school bike in the new 40+ 20" class just to fook them right off  :LolLolLolLol:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2009, 12:13 AM »
Yeah, who's to say you can't ride 40+ 20" on an oldschool bike?  Oldschoolers could do that and people like Moley & me, and other regional reps could work out the Oldschool result and award our own trophies!

moomin

« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2009, 12:30 AM »
Yeah, who's to say you can't ride 40+ 20" on an oldschool bike?  Oldschoolers could do that and people like Moley & me, and other regional reps could work out the Oldschool result and award our own trophies!

I can see where you're comin from Kenny but why should this shit decision be taken lying down, i feel a petition coming on, the support on BMX Talk from the general public has been largely in favour of Old School so i say as per Mike, lets get in their faces  >:D

moley

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2009, 12:56 AM »

Yeah but I'm 38!!   :D

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2009, 09:03 AM »
And I am only 36!

I'm with Mike on this... we shouldn't just roll over and go underground.

moomin

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2009, 09:37 AM »
Petition it is then boys  :daumenhoch:

Moley, can you pm me please hun, you're better with stats than me  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2009, 10:36 AM »
Riding up a class is allowed, would you not say that riding an old school bike in a nu-school 40+ class was riding up  :daumenhoch:

Anyway it would really piss off the members of the bcf that have decided to drop old school so it would be worth it just for that  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

spillers#1

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2009, 12:14 PM »
I'd already decided i was gonna do just that....ride my old skool in 40+ 20" and masters over winter,in fact i'd already spoke to crooch via pm about racing masters at braintree tomorrow if i go so fck em  :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2009, 12:15 PM »
Petition it is then boys  :daumenhoch:

Moley, can you pm me please hun, you're better with stats than me  :LolLolLolLol:

Keep us up to date with any petition.The Feds have been acting like a dictatorship for years,be good to see them squirm. :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2009, 12:16 PM »
Riding up a class is allowed, would you not say that riding an old school bike in a nu-school 40+ class was riding up  :daumenhoch:

Anyway it would really piss off the members of the bcf that have decided to drop old school so it would be worth it just for that  :daumenhoch:

Good Point Bill!!!  :daumenhoch:

Think about it!!   The largest class at the Brits (40+ Veterans 20" Class)  and its made up of 80%+ of Old Schoolers all riding 18" TT's with the most garish colours available to man.   Freestyle Bikes and Motomag/Tuff wheels.   Maybe even throw in a sidehack or that tandem BMX for good measure.

And the Saturday night OS Charity event we could just have 1 rider, RATTY going around on an old Butchers bike!!

Now that would be worth filming!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2009, 01:56 PM »
Sorry but I don't get why riding an OS bike in 40+ will get up peoples noses to me that looks like what they want to happen.
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere

« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2009, 02:22 PM »
It's clear there'll be no OS class & until the BC change things that's the way it'll stay BUT 40+ 20" means exactly that..........40 years of age on a 20" bike, no mention of bike type so us old schoolers need to turn up (& as billy said, the 30+ ers are free to ride up a class) in numbers & even better still, win on old school rides.

moley

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2009, 02:44 PM »
Sorry but I don't get why riding an OS bike in 40+ will get up peoples noses to me that looks like what they want to happen.

Because if we all turn up at the Brits wearing retro OS Race gear on short TT OS bikes then it makes a mockery of their 'We only want serious BMX racing' classes rather than some jokey OS Class.

And if ALL OS riders can't get in the 40+ Veterans class and have to race Masters on OS bikes then thats 2 classes made to look a joke!!

I dont think it will come to that but it could be a good laff and big two finger salute to the commission!!

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2009, 04:11 PM »
We should also make it look a joke, how about a go slow protest, all cross the line together as close as we can get, let em pick the bones out of 8 draws for 1st place :crazy2:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

moomin

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2009, 04:48 PM »
I'd already decided i was gonna do just that....ride my old skool in 40+ 20" and masters over winter,in fact i'd already spoke to crooch via pm about racing masters at braintree tomorrow if i go so fck em  :daumenhoch:

Good plan guys but dont give up on racing old school just yet....

Ratty, Kev R and Steve Gilley are all going tomorrow, if you, Simon and Bill bring your old school rides we may get our own gate  :daumenhoch: :4_17_5:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2009, 04:49 PM »
fcuk it I'm going to race 40+ 20" on a fcuking Grifter.

thecrooch

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2009, 04:53 PM »

Good plan guys but dont give up on racing old school just yet....

Ratty, Kev R and Steve Gilley are all going tomorrow, if you, Simon and Bill bring your old school rides we may get our own gate  :daumenhoch: :4_17_5:

ill probably do both then...  promise i wont leave it on the car again nicky....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Old School no longer recognized by BCF?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx