gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975598 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 08, 2024, 04:51 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Any old time riders in the Southend-Basildon area ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Any old time riders in the Southend-Basildon area ?  (Read 4763 times)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Any old time riders in the Southend-Basildon area ?
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 08:47 PM »
skatepark jam this weekend at bury ,not a bad spot,saffron waldens a great park but not for a novice ,deeepish bowls
corby indoor is the nuts mahooosive...

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2010, 09:27 PM »
How did you find out about the jam down there ?

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 07:26 PM »
How did you find out about the jam down there ?
my mate organised it,hardcorehobbies

hawk29

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 08:31 PM »
Hello Steve,

You have pm. Little Mark (streetbeat)

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 09:00 PM »
Hi Mark my personal e-mail is marshallmnky1@tiscali.co.uk
Do you still have the Beat ? Last time i see you, you was hanging out the back of some car going around the circuit at Southend Seafront. I d say it was round 1988-89. I have some pics to from the Bercy trip, be interesting to see yours. Look forward to seeing you guys, all the best Steve. Is Nick into Rugby ?

evamedia

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2010, 12:28 PM »

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2010, 05:08 PM »
Its just you mentioned Trials ?

evamedia

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2010, 11:38 PM »
Its just you mentioned Trials ?

Trails. Loads of jumps in a row. Fun ;D

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2010, 06:16 AM »
Is that locally ? where abouts ? Love jumps. Put some photos in here.

evamedia

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 10:58 AM »
These are fairly local to me (Kent) , there's a little vid of me last year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AcFHA1hVLI

but there are trails in Rayleigh, people are fairly precious about their trails though, they're a lot of hard work to keep running, so if you go to any trails, say hello to everyone, and offer to pick up a shovel.

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2010, 02:15 PM »
Sorry i did not know you was in Kent now. Just been to the Ramp park in Canvey outside the sport centre,Very good.  I was pleasently surprised  and wish you and all the guys could ride it for the afternoon.

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2010, 05:46 PM »
Any rideing going on in october in the south east now we have a concrete skatepark in leigh on sea?

Offline Why isnt this working

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2010, 09:45 PM »
Mate, sorry for the 2 or so month reply. I think I must of been p*ssed or something cause I just read the thread and saw my response.......dont f*ckin remember writing it  :2funny:.
Not riding no more fella but building, Carpet poof i'm affraid  :-*, although im contemplating building up me Aero as a rider. My mate scorcher mick (Mike Downham) is on my case as he's just built his up to ride and were thinkin of gettin down the Rom again to embarase ourselfs :-[  Were both from Billericay. I grew up on Queens Park which was fantastic cause of Bluebell woods and Mick lived in Little Burstead. Mate, if it happens i'll let you know and perhaps you'll come along.

All the best geeza.

Si. ;)

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2010, 09:09 AM »
Just keep me in mind and do it sooner rather than later or we may never do it. I get every other weekend off and this is my weekend on and Sundays is my day as my wife works on Saturdays. We could try for a dry run before Rom ? Meet at Billericay ramp park ? or go to the other new park behind Leigh on sea station-its concrete.
All the best and Dont i say dont forget your helmet or pads.

bert4142

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2010, 05:27 PM »
Hi fella, im in rayleigh, i get out as often as i can and ride some of the local parks but its a long way down now so not that brave till i get some crash gear!

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010, 08:25 PM »
Take a look at custom riders some cheap Knee pads on there-king kong £25 i think.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 08:48 PM »
Just a quick heads-up for you;  the new concrete Leigh on Sea park is, well, crap....  I wouldn't bother if I were you.  Saffron Walden is modern and big but can be slippery so take care.

evamedia

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2010, 11:11 AM »
Jesus Rob, two ends of the spectrum there!

If you haven't ridden for years, although l-o-s is crap, go there, because you'll shit yourselves at Saffron

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2010, 09:00 PM »
The day i had planned to go to Saffron Walden didnt go as planned, my new boiler was leaking so could not go far that day but did pop down in the car to Leigh on sea. Not a bad freebe park, could have some good lines to jump. The little bowl was a nice surprise, better than the usual crap metal ramp parks that sprang up everywhere. Hopefully next time ill take my bike but it will have to be on a school day so i dont show myself up in front of the youngens.

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2010, 08:14 PM »
The day i had planned to go to Saffron Walden didnt go as planned, my new boiler was leaking so could not go far that day but did pop down in the car to Leigh on sea. Not a bad freebe park, could have some good lines to jump. The little bowl was a nice surprise, better than the usual crap metal ramp parks that sprang up everywhere. Hopefully next time ill take my bike but it will have to be on a school day so i dont show myself up in front of the youngens.

Hi mate,

I work in Leigh on Sea, where abouts is this park?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2010, 10:17 PM »
Jesus Rob, two ends of the spectrum there!

If you haven't ridden for years, although l-o-s is crap, go there, because you'll shit yourselves at Saffron

Fair point, well made  :daumenhoch:

Robbo:   L-O-S is down behind the train station, next to the council depot.

alvy

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2011, 06:23 PM »
hi, just read message, used to ride the bowl at back of bas station, the pits at langdon hills and loads of home made 1/4 pipes
still see mike jones all time not so much of dal and mat . happy days riding with jon liley, pete braybrook, steve lou and loads of others.
Remember going to buckmore pk, eastway, ipswich and others in the bus with canvey roadrunners.
Best times spent at rom though........  happy days
lee halverson

tattood dood

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2011, 03:24 PM »
Hi . I live in Wickford and use to ride about the same time as your friends . In fact I lived in Belmont avenue and they lived in Belmont Close . We both knew a guy called Jamie Waller . I have been thinking of getting back into bmx but I am not working and going to take me ages to save up for the project I want to do . Custom bike frame and forks from the states . I am 39 now but will probably be 41 before I could get the bike lol . Hope you find your friends .

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2011, 04:19 PM »
Without trying to sound too morbid.....

I've just lost 3 years riding basically after having difficulties recovering from knee surgery.  I'm 45 this year and only just beginning to feel a bit like my old self. 39 seems a loooong time ago...

Don't waste too much time chasing your dream bike - get something secondhand, cheap and cheerful and get riding before your old bones let you down, if you know what I mean.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Any old time riders in the Southend-Basildon area ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx