gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 15, 2024, 04:12 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Build dilemma
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Build dilemma  (Read 2922 times)

gossa

Re: Build dilemma - DECISION MADE!
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2010, 07:44 PM »
Right, after much deliberation this build is going! I just got my new school race bike and have realized I need to look forward not back.

I just also realized I can't post in the for sale section so I just paid My Stupple his £10 and will post this up (split) when I have my tag. I'm going to Germany Tomorrow for Eurobike so will do it when I get back but if anyone wants anything let me know.

87 Revcore XL frame with Revcore made S&M forks (same fork but double dropouts) NOS stickers (cost me over $100 ouch)
BT2 headset
Revcore Pro stem
Revcore straight seatpost
Turbo saddle leather
Revcore uncut pro bars (rechromed minty fresh)
Revcore Mk2 pedals, NOS axles, freshly polished, og bearings, cages are being polished as we speak. I also have some MK1 pedals.
Freshly rechromed 180mm single pinch full wrap 401's, dimpled spindle open bearing BB
Polished (lightly not to death!) bubble font 44T flight ring
Revcore NOS hubs built with Ashai Spokes on rare NOS Araya 7L chrome rims.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Build dilemma
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 03:20 PM »
Build it up and ride it like you stole it; you know you want to  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 04:56 PM »
keep it.  once its gone youll never get it back. and i cant see this bike meaning as much to someone new as it means to you. as u say u dont need the  cash so why sell your memories? KEEP IT.

gossa

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 10:26 PM »
keep it.  once its gone youll never get it back. and i cant see this bike meaning as much to someone new as it means to you. as u say u dont need the  cash so why sell your memories? KEEP IT.

I'm torn, I have a real nice bike from BITD that means probably more to me than the Revcore (my Zeronine) so I think i'd prefer to sell it and make some new memories!!

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 09:13 AM »
if in doubt keep it..., then no regrets! you can always sell it later, but getting it back would be difficult!

lovely bike, if i were you, i'd keep it and ride it at MK11 as 'Dub said  :)
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2010, 11:22 PM »
so what exactly is the dilemma clive? it's more or less finished. that's like swimming the channel and then turning back 100m from the other side. Why bother in the first place.
ding dong

Offline Darren Wood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2010, 11:31 PM »
KEEP IT 

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2010, 11:36 PM »
keep it Clive!!!

gossa

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2010, 01:39 PM »
so what exactly is the dilemma clive? it's more or less finished. that's like swimming the channel and then turning back 100m from the other side. Why bother in the first place.

Yeah I hear ya, but a long time can lapse during a build (1 year plus on this) and then your attitiude towards why you were doing it can change in that time. We'll see!

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2010, 02:30 PM »

Yeah I hear ya, but a long time can lapse during a build (1 year plus on this) and then your attitiude towards why you were doing it can change in that time. We'll see!

Clive, I have builds I have been collecting part for that have taken over 6 years, one I think is even 7 years now  :LolLolLolLol: I would at least finish it and see how it turns out but I reckon a couple of weeks after it's sold, you'll regret it  :(.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

gossa

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2010, 07:35 PM »
Were those forks made by S&M?   I thought they were made by CW?

Keep it, its fookin sweet that!

These are early S&M (89?) made by Revcore/CW. Same as Revcores but double dropouts.

sid1972

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2010, 07:49 PM »
 :smitten:  you have got to have your roots mate - lush build get it done and ride it on the old skool do's, Berm is coming up  ???  ;)

gt_lover

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2010, 08:06 PM »
man that revcore is sweet!!!  :daumenhoch: i say finish it man!!!  :) and hang it up and stair at it in the moring when you wake up and before you go to bed  :LolLolLolLol: i would its sweet!!!

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2010, 12:38 AM »
Keep it if only to race once a year at MK, my os bike has only had 4 outings this year including MK i'd keep it just for MK alone

You've already said you wont see your money back if you part it out

KEEP IT....  :daumenhoch:

Too nice to let go anyway...  :smitten:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2010, 10:11 AM »
i know what you mean, but surely you would want to finish the job just on principle.
ding dong

gossa

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2010, 02:38 PM »
i know what you mean, but surely you would want to finish the job just on principle.

Well you would think so wouldn't you and this bike should mean more to me than anything else but I think, as i've stated already so forgive me for repeating, I have found a new interest on riding the bikes so building something to look at makes no sense now really.

Anyway, thanks all, i won't split it just yet, maybe stick a brake on it, finish the pedal cages and see how I feel. :daumenhoch:

Offline Darren Wood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2010, 06:50 PM »
Clive KEEP IT and i will RACE IT NEXT YEAR AT MK  :daumenhoch:

PS but i don"t think i will FIT into the RACE GEAR  ;D

WOODY  :)

gossa

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2010, 08:35 PM »
Clive KEEP IT and i will RACE IT NEXT YEAR AT MK  :daumenhoch:

PS but i don"t think i will FIT into the RACE GEAR  ;D

WOODY  :)

You lose three stone by MK11 and you can HAVE the bike and the race gear Darren!!!

Offline Darren Wood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2010, 08:48 PM »
YOUR ON  :daumenhoch: 3 STONE ................. Still don"t think i will fit in the RACE GEAR  :LolLolLolLol:

Weight watcher WOODY  :4_17_5:

SaMAlex

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2010, 01:38 PM »
Woody, I'll be your race double. Use a face mask/full face and I'll jump in and race for you at the last minute (in all Clives race gear). The only give away will be that i wont win the race, a dead giveaway for anyone trying to "be" Darren Wood!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Build dilemma

gfxgfx
gfx gfx